WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I got in trouble for this once

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
01CF6E66-1A96-47FE-9D67-313B998B0DC3.jpeg
Except in our case it was kids on the bow and we were kinda doing the same thing.. lol Looking back now that was pretty stupid. I think I was 12..

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I was at river lodge about a million years ago on the beach with a group. Not my regular peeps. I see a guy in a tri hull pulling a tube and a kid in the bow looking over the front under the boat.
I start saying god dammit, GOD dammit, GODDAMMIT, everyone is like so?
Kid falls off the tube right then, dad chops the throttle, kid is out the bow, runs kid over, mom screams.
Fortunately I guess the tunnel kind of guided the kid and they picked him up, meanwhile I’m trying to not throw up...

Water Romper

Reaction score
Anyone who has had the unfortunate opportunity to witness a boating accident including prop vs person knows its not pretty and usually doesn’t end well. Your story just makes my skin crawl. I'm sure parents just want their kids to have fun but....comon, lets play safe people!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Anyone who has had the unfortunate opportunity to witness a boating accident including prop vs person knows its not pretty and usually doesn’t end well. Your story just makes my skin crawl. I'm sure parents just want their kids to have fun but....comon, lets play safe people!

I've seen it before a couple of times.. And yes it was stupid.

RD

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
You in trouble for that?
Why,, I remember at Miss Bitches Lock-in School for incorrigible Boys you and Bildoe got caught after the rabbit died, you two no longer had raisins for the morning cinnamon rolls you had the kitchen duty to bake each day.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Oh I wasn’t calling anyone out, just reminded me of an experience. Seemed for a while I had a patent on doing stupid stuff. Fortunately everyone lived lol.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Years back a friend of mine Pooty Tang....yes, that’s what we called him, when he drank he sounded like Pooty, had a little too much to drink and jumped off the back of my boat in lake mead by Temple Bar while we we just floating and hit my prop with his foot. That was a nasty gash....so the prop doesn’t even have to be turning to mess you up. RIP Pooty! Sa Da Tay!
I should add he died a few years back, not from the gash. :oops: :)

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
One of the worse is seeing kids dangle their feet in the water from the front of an underway houseboat. One little slip and they’re immediately in the water, passing between the pontoons and right into the props. Real ugly deal.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Is this another one of those “back in the good ol’ days” threads? You know the ones where the guys that chastize those who have a drink on their bote who now drive 54 MPH while towing their jet ski with their F550. They proceed tell us how good it was when they could pack their boat full of drunk people (captain included) half of them hanging out of the boat, not in a seat and head home at night with no lights, then tow their bote home at 80 MPH across Rice Road with a Country Squire wagon that had no seat belts while consuming a few road sodas?

Asking for a friend.

Last edited:

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Is this another one of those “back in the good ol’ days” threads? You know the ones where the guys that chastize those who have a drink on their bote who now drive 54 MPH while towing their jet ski with their F550. They proceed tell us how good it was when they could pack their boat full of drunk people (captain included) with people hanging out of the boat and head home at night with no lights, then tow their bote home at 80 MPH across Rice Road with a Country Squire wagon that had no seat belts while consuming a few road sodas?

Asking for a friend.
Yes

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Is this another one of those “back in the good ol’ days” threads? You know the ones where the guys that chastize those who have a drink on their bote who now drive 54 MPH while towing their jet ski with their F550. They proceed tell us how good it was when they could pack their boat full of drunk people (captain included) with people hanging out of the boat and head home at night with no lights, then tow their bote home at 80 MPH across Rice Road with a Country Squire wagon that had no seat belts while consuming a few road sodas?

Asking for a friend.
Dont forget about lying across the rear lid of your father’s 1976 Buick le sabre. :p

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score

Asking for a friend.
You seem...

Agitated.

Taboma

Reaction score
And yet the physics and dangers never have changed :)

I don't think anybody ever owned a Chris Craft and didn't sit up on the top of the seat back and yeah, sunbathing on the engine hatch might have happened too. 😁

Nothing wrong in this picture, Chris Craft did like using pretty girls for advertising. Don't Fall overboard :oops:
Dad had one just like this one, with the clam shell for the down draft carbs.

Chris Craft hatch.JPG

Here's Chris Craft obviously encouraging carrying guns onboard :rolleyes: 😁

Chris Craft and guns.JPG

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I don't think anybody ever owned a Chris Craft and didn't sit up on the top of the seat back and yeah, sunbathing on the engine hatch might have happened too. 😁

Nothing wrong in this picture, Chris Craft did like using pretty girls for advertising. Don't Fall overboard :oops:

View attachment 977969

View attachment 977970

I’m all for all of the above. It’s just funny how things change. If you don’t have your kid in a car seat you are a child endangering savage that should have your children taken away. Yet as @The Prisoner pointed out, we all grew up rolling around in the back seat.

And god help you if you let your helmeted kid ride their bike half a mile away unattended.

The Prisoner

Reaction score

View attachment 977969

View attachment 977970

yes! Get back at those pesky super soakers!!!

rrrr

Reaction score

View attachment 977969

View attachment 977970

I forget the exact details, but once Higgins began making their standard LCVP landing craft in New Orleans, the US gave all of the Chris-Craft landing craft to the British. They held fewer soldiers and were underpowered compared to the Higgins boats.

Most of the British and Canadian troops landed on D-Day were in Chris-Craft boats.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is this another one of those “back in the good ol’ days” threads? You know the ones where the guys that chastize those who have a drink on their bote who now drive 54 MPH while towing their jet ski with their F550. They proceed tell us how good it was when they could pack their boat full of drunk people (captain included) half of them hanging out of the boat, not in a seat and head home at night with no lights, then tow their bote home at 80 MPH across Rice Road with a Country Squire wagon that had no seat belts while consuming a few road sodas?

Asking for a friend.

maybe?

hallett21

Reaction score

Asking for a friend.

Can we make this a sticky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
One of the worse is seeing kids dangle their feet in the water from the front of an underway houseboat. One little slip and they’re immediately in the water, passing between the pontoons and right into the props. Real ugly deal.
Some genius on the Strip last weekend had a kid sitting outside the front gate of the ‘toon - on the bow while under way. Wasn’t wicked winds like today but breezy. One good bump or surf wake & he’s in the drink. Just plain stupid.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Some genius on the Strip last weekend had a kid sitting outside the front gate of the ‘toon - on the bow while under way.
I saw a woman holding a baby with no life jacket like this in the Channel last year dangling her feet. Almost shoved off to chase her down, but... Well you know.