JD D05

Reaction score
Me to ha
20191020_165335.jpg

JD D05

Reaction score
Boxers are the best... View attachment 824984 View attachment 824985

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My boxer is a great dog but me and here struggle. She is great and loves my kids but for me it is a bread I don't align with...atleast her. I had some pretty messed up shit happen 3 times when I was younger with my dogs and best friends so I know that has something to do with it.

yz450mm

Reaction score
My boxer is a great dog but me and here struggle. She is great and loves my kids but for me it is a bread I don't align with...atleast her. I had some pretty messed up shit happen 3 times when I was younger with my dogs and best friends so I know that has something to do with it.
What does she do that you don't like? Mine is a sweetheart, but super protective of my daughter since she has known her since she was little. I can rile her up to play with her, then put my hand up and calm her down in a split-second.

JD D05

Reaction score
What does she do that you don't like? Mine is a sweetheart, but super protective of my daughter since she has known her since she was little. I can rile her up to play with her, then put my hand up and calm her down in a split-second.

She is passive aggressive lol. Rebels when she has a chance to...like ripping all the insulation out of an entire wall. I suppose normal dog shit. Honestly probably more my issues than hers.

yz450mm

Reaction score
She is passive aggressive lol. Rebels when she has a chance to...like ripping all the insulation out of an entire wall. I suppose normal dog shit. Honestly probably more my issues than hers.
Oh damn, that sucks for sure. They are definitely teenagers at heart, I got lucky that mine likes to play, then sleep. If she's barking, I know there's a real issue. Have you tried leaving her a basket of various toys to mess with during the day?

JD D05

Reaction score
Oh damn, that sucks for sure. They are definitely teenagers at heart, I got lucky that mine likes to play, then sleep. If she's barking, I know there's a real issue. Have you tried leaving her a basket of various toys to mess with during the day?

Leaving her out is not possible. She has eaten our blinds, chewed door jams to the door etc. Also never had played with toys. This is all when she gets out of her kennel. She can jump a 6 foot fence and also climb chain link. Super petite and very athletic.

yz450mm

Reaction score
Leaving her out is not possible. She has eaten our blinds, chewed door jams to the door etc. Also never had played with toys. This is all when she gets out of her kennel. She can jump a 6 foot fence and also climb chain link. Super petite and very athletic.
Yeah I know the feeling, Ginger can leap a 6-foot fence no problem. I've never heard of a boxer being that destructive though, I'm wondering if some professional training could cure it? How old is she?
20191212_221821.jpg
20191212_221727.jpg

JD D05

Reaction score
Yeah I know the feeling, Ginger can leap a 6-foot fence no problem. I've never heard of a boxer being that destructive though, I'm wondering if some professional training could cure it? How old is she? View attachment 824986 View attachment 824987

Not sure how old I'm bad at math but prob around 8. Not a training type of person...

yz450mm

Reaction score
Is it just me or do boxers always have that "Who Farted?" look.:D
They do, cuz it was usually them that farted. Gassy ass bitches...

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
My boxer grey hound is almost 11. Still acts 2 and runs like the wind.

JD D05

Reaction score
Maybe you should work on that. Things were a lot better between my dogs and myself once we both became trained

I would shoot her before I pay for training and I'm not shooting her.

Xring01

Reaction score
I would shoot her before I pay for training and I'm not shooting her.

Part of owning a dog is training it... please train her yourself.

I hate puppy's,, truly do... no puppy on earth that I like....

But I buy puppy's when I get a new dog...

Why, because its far easier to prevent a dog from getting bad habits, than it is to re train them out of bad habits..

Start with basic leash training, the sit/stay/lay down.... especially when your feeding them.. With the food in your hand, put them in a sit/stay postion... put the food in the bowl... making them sit there... after 30 seconds then tell them ok...

Once you get the basics down, and your dog starts having a few issues, go back to the basics of leash, sit, stay laydown.. those problems normally go away pretty quickly, assuming your dog is no longer a puppy..

A well trained dog is a far happier dog than a dog with no training. Why, because it now fully understands what it takes to make his owner happy... thats the dogs goal in life.. is to make you happy...

Training makes you and the dog happier ...

I can go on for hours on this topic... honestly, My neighbors crazy Lab, is perfect around me... and a total spaz around the owners.... That dog fully understands what its going to take to get affection from me... runs right up to me, sits at my feet... puts its head under my hand... if it does that, I pet it, if not,, it gets nothing...

But the owners, let the dog spaz out and while petting, loving, basically teaching the dog that if it spaz's out, then it gets petted... dumbass'es... no matter how many times I tell them they are training the dog to be spaz, they keep doing it.

Last edited:

Richard.E

Reaction score
Boxers are the best... View attachment 824984 View attachment 824985

I Love my boxer.
They are the kinda dog you have to break & train when they are young. if you don’t establish that you are the pack leader, the boxer being as stubborn as possible, they will do whatever the fuck they want and run the pack themselves.
58692110142__4C001E79-4A89-4B86-930C-B1341830DFB9.jpg
58701154534__00B9A9B2-71E9-4AE9-9B8B-A31468D60202.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD D05

Reaction score
Part of owning a dog is training it... please train her yourself.

I hate puppy's,, truly do... no puppy on earth that I like....

But I buy puppy's when I get a new dog...

Why, because its far easier to prevent a dog from getting bad habits, than it is to re train them out of bad habits..

Start with basic leash training, the sit/stay/lay down.... especially when your feeding them.. With the food in your hand, put them in a sit/stay postion... put the food in the bowl... making them sit there... after 30 seconds then tell them ok...

Once you get the basics down, and your dog starts having a few issues, go back to the basics of leash, sit, stay laydown.. those problems normally go away pretty quickly, assuming your dog is no longer a puppy..

A well trained dog is a far happier dog than a dog with no training. Why, because it now fully understands what it takes to make his owner happy... thats the dogs goal in life.. is to make you happy...

Training makes you and the dog happier ...

I can go on for hours on this topic... honestly, My neighbors crazy Lab, is perfect around me... and a total spaz around the owners.... That dog fully understands what its going to take to get affection from me... runs right up to me, sits at my feet... puts its head under my hand... if it does that, I pet it, if not,, it gets nothing...

But the owners, let the dog spaz out and while petting, loving, basically teaching the dog that if it spaz's out, then it gets petted... dumbass'es... no matter how many times I tell them they are training the dog to be spaz, they keep doing it.

She does all of that and is very well behaved if she wasn't I would get rid of her. She just does dumb shit when she is alone occasionally.

Xring01

Reaction score
Thats a key reason why I use Crate and Kennel until they can be trusted...

Up to 9 months Crate, and kennel,,, after 9 months, if they are not being supervised in the house or back yard, they are in a 7x7 kennell, with toys, water etc...

After 2, I normally have them trained completely offleash and do what ever I want, the moment I want it done.

But thats me... I have very high expectation of my dogs, if they dont live up to those expectations, I will give them away.

Back in the day, growing up in Texas... My dad took them for a one way walk... with pistol...

But he was a rancher... he valued dogs, just like his tools... they have a job to do, and the moment they dont get the job done, time to get a tool that does.

JD D05

Reaction score
I am just now allowing Phx out of the crate unattended. He seems to be handling the new freedom well. I have had him for almost a year. Cant have a dog doing damage around the house. Big ass hell NO!!!!

That's a great dog to handle that so young. So we moved into a brand new home 6 months ago and within 2 weeks my daughter did not latch the kennel right and she chewed 2 door jams all the way to the door and ripped all the insulation out of the one unfinished room we have in the house. And had to take that one piss on the carpet, she has done that one time every time we have moved. I actually had a new home lined up but got soft and couldn't take her away from the kids...Since than she has been perfect.

JD D05

Reaction score
I rescued Phx from the shelter in Jan-fen and have been trying to get him placed since. Long story but he os still up to be placed. He has anxieties that are slowly disappearing but initially dod some damage hence the crate. Now its slow process to eliminate the crate but if he slips he will be back to the crate. Consequences an shit ;)

Those rescue's pups need a lot of help.

The Shepard in my video was originally a ranch dog, the farmer that owned him hated him for some reason and one day threw him out of his truck. Every time the farmer etc saw it in the wilderness they would shoot at him. He ended up living in a big pine tree and going to a little diner every night for scraps. This went on for 6 months, my brother was aware of all this and after 3 months finally was able to get him to come to him with a steak. He has now been with my parents for 4 years.

Hdgasser

Reaction score
What kinda beds are those?? I like that it keeps there asses off whatever it's up against.

BajaMike

Reaction score
My old guy “Mo” is 13 years old and I don’t want to loose him. His insulin and special food is about $250 a month but He is worth it. He sleeps and eats and shits, but he follows me around the house and loves to sleep at my feet....he can’t jump up on any furniture.

He can be in our big enclosed back yard for hours, and then I take for a walk and he always has to shit on my neighbors lawn.....so I always bring a baggy.

1669D708-BAA9-499F-9C38-DF63022AF4C0.jpeg

Attachments

• 0658F618-00BF-45FA-8420-348BC73F62FB.jpeg
    0658F618-00BF-45FA-8420-348BC73F62FB.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 3ABC95A9-489A-4EE3-A8F7-B4AB6A91716D.jpeg
    3ABC95A9-489A-4EE3-A8F7-B4AB6A91716D.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 23