WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I got the wife a little something for Christmas

welldigger00

Reaction score
So, the wife was sick of my boat, or lack of a running boat (beware of who you choose to build yore engine), so I picked this thing up in Arizona. I’ve been biting my lip about positing it on the 240 or 255 Hallet thread, because we were waiting for the deal to go through. There was a thread about it from Nordic when they laid it up a few years ago. Pretty stoked, it should be a nice addition to the fleet…
E32D8752-6476-48FC-A4AC-D61BDD48F64F.jpeg
ABC8D2B6-2947-4357-8596-01659107455B.jpeg
D3F9F494-D6CC-4FB0-941C-6ACD1FE1BA62.jpeg
56ADC062-39AC-4B09-A12E-855858519359.jpeg
B9F07B81-5524-4D23-B2D0-AC010D7C5A42.jpeg

FishSniper

Reaction score
So, the wife was sick of my boat, or lack of a running boat (beware of who you choose to build yore engine), so I picked this thing up in Arizona. I’ve been biting my lip about positing it on the 240 or 255 Hallet thread, because we were waiting for the deal to go through. There was a thread about it from Nordic when they laid it up a few years ago. Pretty stoked, it should be a nice addition to the fleet… View attachment 1185005 View attachment 1185006 View attachment 1185007 View attachment 1185008 View attachment 1185009
That the boat that was at a dealer up in Washington St ? Great looking boat.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Gotta say it’s gonna weird with the steering wheel on the wrong(left hand) side. I am an American, not British. Out drive thing? It’ll be nice backing up where you’d like though.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Yes. It has Montana numbers on it, which is weird too. Don’t know if the folks that bought lived in Montana?

Taboma

Reaction score
Gotta say it’s gonna weird with the steering wheel on the wrong(left hand) side. I am an American, not British. Out drive thing? It’ll be nice backing up where you’d like though.
Show me your left hand ? Now right, OK good. Now what side is the wheel on again ? 🤣
Out of about a dozen boats I've owned, the only one that's been on the port side (My left, not yours 😁) was my Hondo v-drive.
Very nice looking Hallett, you can see the Nordic influence in the graphics, sweet !!

PS: Is that for Lake Arrowhead ? What's the length limit now, 27' ??

welldigger00

Reaction score
Show me your left hand ? Now right, OK good. Now what side is the wheel on again ? 🤣
Out of about a dozen boats I've owned, the only one that's been on the port side (My left, not yours 😁) was my Hondo v-drive.
Very nice looking Hallett, you can see the Nordic influence in the graphics, sweet !!

PS: Is that for Lake Arrowhead ? What's the length limit now, 27' ??
Oh shit! that’s what I meant! Stupid tequila! 26 foot on arrowhead.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@welldigger00 Unrelated to the boat, is your 3rd axle a powered lift? Made a contraption for my buddy to lift his that broke down to store in the headache box. The upgrade was a ton, and he only had issues in Cali. Some sort of axle or length thing?

welldigger00

Reaction score
@welldigger00 Unrelated to the boat, is your 3rd axle a powered lift? Made a contraption for my buddy to lift his that broke down to store in the headache box. The upgrade was a ton, and he only had issues in Cali. Some sort of axle or length thing?
It’s a flip axle. Total pain in the ass. I can run it down in cali, with permit only. So only when loaded. My annual covers purple weight on the tandems, truck and trailer, 20 on the steers. With permit cali gives me 59k on the tridem. I’ve seen hydraulic flip setups, they’re nice…

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It’s a flip axle. Total pain in the ass. I can run it down in cali, with permit only. So only when loaded. My annual covers purple weight on the tandems, truck and trailer, 20 on the steers. With permit cali gives me 59k on the tridem. I’ve seen hydraulic flip setups, they’re nice…
I built him a pair of uprights and a crossbar. It mounted a winch he had, and powered with a jump box. The uprights had hooks welded to them, so he could run a chain to support the pull. He'd deliver stuff, but then hope the site boss would let a worker flip the axle...not all jobsites were accommodating to say the least.

welldigger00

Reaction score
I’ve heard of guys making something like that, it would be cool for sure. It’s a pain in the as getting help from some places. I’ve also flipped it using the stretch portion of the trailer itself. Super sketch. And hard on shit.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Oh shit! that’s what I meant! Stupid tequila! 26 foot on arrowhead.
You might want to check with the ALA. Even though you have a 255 they are starting to count the swim platform into the overall length (at least according to the BS coming out of the ALA before this most recent election). Even if it’s removable.

Not that they’ve ever said anything to me (yet), as I have a 26 plus the removable swim platform. I stick out a bit from docks, but no more so than most pontoons who can’t get all the way into docks if they aren’t complete rectangles.

I don’t know what the ALA’s beef was with being longer than 26 with the swim step. Maybe the new blood on the committees just voted in overturns that.

welldigger00

Reaction score
You might want to check with the ALA. Even though you have a 255 they are starting to count the swim platform into the overall length (at least according to the BS coming out of the ALA before this most recent election). Even if it’s removable.

Not that they’ve ever said anything to me (yet), as I have a 26 plus the removable swim platform. I stick out a bit from docks, but no more so than most pontoons who can’t get all the way into docks if they aren’t complete rectangles.

I don’t know what the ALA’s beef was with being longer than 26 with the swim step. Maybe the new blood on the committees just voted in overturns that.
I’ve called them on this. They measure from the bow to the prop now, and the swim step is way past that. So, I’ll take it off when I get it inspected so I can get the sticker. Ill day launch it here and there, and once I’ve got the sticker, I’m golden. My buddy Justin frank has one with the step, it’s grand fathered in. Once you’ve got the sticker, you’re good…

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I’ve called them on this. They measure from the bow to the prop now, and the swim step is way past that. So, I’ll take it off when I get it inspected so I can get the sticker. Ill day launch it here and there, and once I’ve got the sticker, I’m golden. My buddy Justin frank has one with the step, it’s grand fathered in. Once you’ve got the sticker, you’re good…
Alright glad you are aware and know the drill. I must have pestered the ALA a bunch of times on how they measured overall length years ago when I put the 26 on the lake with the swim platform.

Say hi to Justin, we’ll see him at the start of the season at the ski school. And I’ll keep a lookout for your ride!

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Congrats. Great looking 255. You’ll be happy with it.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Alright glad you are aware and know the drill. I must have pestered the ALA a bunch of times on how they measured overall length years ago when I put the 26 on the lake with the swim platform.

Say hi to Justin, we’ll see him at the start of the season at the ski school. And I’ll keep a lookout for your ride!
You know it, 025 and a few others on here are regulars on the lake. Hit me up, we’ll have a cold pop or seven…

PlanB

Reaction score
It's a boat not a car. The wheel is on the correct side. You will get used to it. Congrats!

River918

Reaction score
So, the wife was sick of my boat, or lack of a running boat (beware of who you choose to build yore engine), so I picked this thing up in Arizona. I’ve been biting my lip about positing it on the 240 or 255 Hallet thread, because we were waiting for the deal to go through. There was a thread about it from Nordic when they laid it up a few years ago. Pretty stoked, it should be a nice addition to the fleet… View attachment 1185005 View attachment 1185006 View attachment 1185007 View attachment 1185008 View attachment 1185009
Beautiful ride. Is that your tractor/Trailer combo? I will be looking for someone to trailer our 28DCB to the south next year when I retire. I really don’t want it towed, prefer trailering it.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Beautiful ride. Is that your tractor/Trailer combo? I will be looking for someone to trailer our 28DCB to the south next year when I retire. I really don’t want it towed, prefer trailering it.
Love too. Pm me for more deets…

rrrr

Reaction score
That's a great looking ride. I hope you'll generate a bunch of fun memories with it in the coming years.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new boat. Enjoy!!!

Slick

Reaction score
Yes. It has Montana numbers on it, which is weird too. Don’t know if the folks that bought lived in Montana?
Nice! My old boat. Don’t think the seller ever registered it. Titled it with FIL in Montana. No sales tax😁.

gordon

Reaction score
Very nice. How did you get it off trailer?

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Ill day launch it here and there, and once I’ve got the sticker, I’m golden.
Super sweet boat. You're gonna have to fire up the Pete or "day launch" at Halletts in Havasu in October. We need to see some more Norlett's!

chadzilla

Legend Performance Marine
Reaction score
Yes, we sold that boat in 2020. Seems that it has changed hands a few times since then. Beautiful boat and the first Hallett laid up at Nordic besides the first 275 they built.