WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I guess, Hawaii will go into depression, Closed perhaps through JULY, just 649 cases!

2Driver

Reaction score
Insane. AZ had 700 cases just yesterday up from the usual 400 ish .

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
Looks like my Sept trip is now at risk (AVP volleyball weekend).
starting to wonder if my kid will get back for fall semester

boatpi

Reaction score
I am at Marriott Vacation Club suite, re set for August

v6toy4x

Reaction score
supposed to leave for maui a week from tuesday airline cancelled yesterday offered credit for future flight we declined and are actually getting a full cash refund, just have to wait 8-12 weeks WTF

Tank

Reaction score
You actually see the article about how they are going straight gestapo!? Arresting a tourist for changing hotels. Making every visitor register with a phone number. Arresting a tourist for going to costco. This list of outrageousness is pretty long!

Good luck with your economy. Place survives off of tourism.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Have a friend with a condo over there ...he said if he goes over there he will be quarantined for 14 days before he can even leave the condo???...

Tank

Reaction score
...Have a friend with a condo over there ...he said if he goes over there he will be quarantined for 14 days before he can even leave the condo???...

We have a place on the big island. 14 day quarantine is mandated. If you break it you go to jail. And you need to check with authorities during your quarantine. Gestapo shit.

boatpi

Reaction score
You’re not playing around is going to destroy that state for 5 to 10 years.

Reactions: SJP

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
What is really weird is there is an antibody test out now that will tell you if you currently have it or have had it in the past. The results come back in 10 minutes and was pretty efficient. I took it myself costing $75 and I imagine this is going to go down in price. In the near future hopefully it will be distributed for home use. With all the $$ on the line people need to be thinking a little more mid to long range game on this. It is amazing that their economy is getting trashed over this while you have a case study in say Havasu that is clearly benefiting from places like Las Vegas being shut down.

At the end of the day I realize this is a less than ideal situation for everyone. I hope you all the best in health and getting back to your daily routine.

SJP

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Hawaii has a much older population that also live in multigenerational homes. Very common to have the children and their children under one roof.
When this C-19 started we flew over to Hawaii just to get out of the house for a few days. No mandatory quarantine at that point. News really started to blow up and we left the Thursday they put the restrictions in place. Had care packages for all Auntie, Uncles and Grandma but ended up not giving them cause they were saying it could live on boxes for like a week.
Didn’t want to be the reason my Grandma got sick. She’s 90+ and used to bowl up to about 5-6 years ago. Still will pull all-nighters playing Bridge with her friends.

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
We cancelled our July trip too. So sad

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We were hoping to go back to Maui in June-July

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
You actually see the article about how they are going straight gestapo!? Arresting a tourist for changing hotels. Making every visitor register with a phone number. Arresting a tourist for going to costco. This list of outrageousness is pretty long!

Good luck with your economy. Place survives off of tourism.
My Maui based buddy says he gets stopped and asked where he's going pretty much everytime he leaves home last few weeks.

Tank

Reaction score
My Maui based buddy says he gets stopped and asked where he's going pretty much everytime he leaves home last few weeks.

4BADF8EB-F961-4903-AC6D-D7D139963A9A.jpeg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

Interesting....Never happened to me the first 6 weeks of lockdown. I was around town daily and cops didn‘t care one bIt. Even had several conversations with police even without a mask on when they said it was mandatory.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
The Kona Ironman normally in October is rescheduled for February 2021. We're waiting to see what happens with the Xterra WC Race in November on Maui. I'm betting that one gets rescheduled as well.

Duffster

Reaction score
I still have not canceled my July Maui trip just waiting for the airline to cancel so I will have more leverage getting a refund. Don’t even know if I ever want to go now since fuck you is the new Aloha for visitors.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Interesting....Never happened to me the first 6 weeks of lockdown. I was around town daily and cops didn‘t care one bIt. Even had several conversations with police even without a mask on when they said it was mandatory.
He's about a ten minute drive from Lahaina.... the 300 hospital bed vs 180K resident population data made local government understandably concerned at the height of hysteria when truthfully no one knew what we were in for. I left for mainland 3/11 and he let me know a week later folks were protesting at airport trying to get incoming tourist to go home.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I still have not canceled my July Maui trip just waiting for the airline to cancel so I will have more leverage getting a refund. Don’t even know if I ever want to go now since fuck you is the new Aloha for visitors.

That is exactly what I did, wait for the last minute if the airline cancels I believe they have to give refund to original form of payment if requested, per DOT. I got an actual phone call from epedia after we declined future travel credit, that they are processing cash refund. on original NON REFUNDABLE first class tickets.

boatpi

Reaction score
I will not buy my tickets until it opens.