WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I guess the army flew a tad too low for a NFL flyover

JB in so cal

Reaction score

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
To me, that's beautiful! We have soldiers underneath those birds in less than perfect conditions every day. This is as close as some would ever be.
Not to mention, FAA is perfectly fine with training with those same birds in downtown LA, Miami and probably other cities as well.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Karens for sure. But in some videos you can see what looks like a wire spanning the stadium that they flew under. I thought no way if there was some kind of wire strung across midfield would they have missed that.

707dog

Reaction score
at a SF giants game there was a group of navy Fighter jets doing a flyover the 2 middle jets hit the brakes stopped mid stadium and shot straight up was the loudest and baddest shit ever felt like took the air out of stadium the whole stadium heated up

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
The navy actually flew an F18 below the top of a stadium a couple years ago... Pilots got in deep shit over that.

Karens or not, there are rules these guys are supposed to follow.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We were at the Alabama / Auburn game last weekend, 4 F15’s came in on cue as the national anthem wrapped up, they were low and loud and hauling ass, it was fucking awesome, Ground shook and you could feel the afterburner heat as they pinned it about mid field. The pilots returned to the field at half time and were given a standing ovation as their names were announced. All were Auburn grads. They unzipped their flight suits and all had auburn shirts on underneath.

81Sprint

Reaction score
1638454177007.png

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
So, just to be clear, these guys are trained to fly into enemy territory, UNDER FIRE, and drop off / pickup our guys, but someone thinks they were flying too low, and might hurt a civilian. Got it - carry on

LuauLounge

Reaction score
They had to muss up the hairdo of some elected official in the stands......
Congressional investigation is coming.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Looked epic to me!!!

Only takes a few whiny ass people complaining to elicit a response. The majority was probably all for it.

And aren't our military helicopter pilots supposed to be the best in the world?

Warlock1

Reaction score
I think Ronald needs to leave the adulting to the grown ups...

wzuber

Reaction score
Those are the dumbfuks you need to ask if they'd prefer Russian or Chinese fighters overhead dropping pointed cylinders on them....gawd damn spoiled, entitled and whiney C-hunts.😠😤
Damm right there ziggmister......

wzuber

Reaction score
Another media controlled negative narrative towards the power of all United States military. The media is controlled by outsiders.
Nicely stated.......
And absolutely correct.....
They like to c our heads explode everytime they do it too. Give them greatst satisfaction, encouragement and control.....in their eyes.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
at a SF giants game there was a group of navy Fighter jets doing a flyover the 2 middle jets hit the brakes stopped mid stadium and shot straight up was the loudest and baddest shit ever felt like took the air out of stadium the whole stadium heated up
That would be fucking badass! Is there a video of it?

lbhsbz

Reaction score
SInce when does the FAA have any juristiction over military? This is like the fat women on the view complaining about something...nobody gives a shit.

Booshy

Reaction score
It was bad ass if you ask me. But if you watch the news video they actually flew under a wire stretched across the stadiaum. That could have been very ugly. Hard to believe they all flew under the wire and not one of them hit it!! Looks like they cleared it by a couple feet

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Kid: whine whine bitch bitch
Dad: but did you die?

The pilots deserve a half hearted yelling at by their co. If they had fucked up and somebody got hurt then let them get the shitstorm.

I would trust these guys more than anyone else to get it right regardless of what rules they break.

Icky

Reaction score
It was bad ass if you ask me. But if you watch the news video they actually flew under a wire stretched across the stadiaum. That could have been very ugly. Hard to believe they all flew under the wire and not one of them hit it!! Looks like they cleared it by a couple feet
I didn't notice it in any of the videos till I watched the news report on it.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
SInce when does the FAA have any juristiction over military? This is like the fat women on the view complaining about something...nobody gives a shit.

The FAA has jurisdiction over all the airspace above the United States. The military gets areas to go play in, but they are largely obligated to follow the same rules that any other user of the airspace must follow.

instagator

Reaction score
That is why the FAA is looking in to it.....Did they plan to miss the wires !

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
I heard “It was optical illusion And was actually well below them. They reconned the flight path in advance, knew about the cable and could clearly see it below them from the cockpit.” The view from video camera is terrible. Unfortunately they broke 1000’ FAA rule that usually doesn’t apply to them, so there‘s probably some trouble brewing. Either way that’s still fucking badassery, and I would pay money just to sit in a stadium and see a flyby like that.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
This is all part of the pussification of the military. Army pilots rarely fly above 200’ nap of the earth. Yes, that’s not over populated areas, got it. But they know their shit. That didn’t look unsafe to me. I did a flyover similar for a Dolphins game a couple years ago.

Nothing more boring than a helicopter flyover at 500ft…you gotta be low and slow. Let’s be honest, flyovers are nothing more than a recruiting tool…you gotta make it cool so little kids there go “wow! I want to do that someday!”

PlanB

Reaction score
^^^ We flew NOE at night with NVG's and were in and out of dusty LZ's. The environment we operated in daily was a hell of a lot more dangerous than that stadium flyover.

530RL

Reaction score
I heard “It was optical illusion And was actually well below them. They reconned the flight path in advance, knew about the cable and could clearly see it below them from the cockpit.” The view from video camera is terrible. Unfortunately they broke 1000’ FAA rule that usually doesn’t apply to them, so there‘s probably some trouble brewing. Either way that’s still fucking badassery, and I would pay money just to sit in a stadium and see a flyby like that.
91.119(b) minimum safe altitude over congested areas, the 1000 foot rule, does not apply to any helicopters.

Minimum safe altitude for helicopters under 91.119(d) is “without hazard to persons or property on the surface”.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
91.119(b) minimum safe altitude over congested areas, the 1000 foot rule, does not apply to any helicopters.

Minimum safe altitude for helicopters under 91.119(d) is “without hazard to persons or property on the surface”.
Is that a commercial zoned area? I just know We’re not allowed to set poles in backyards with helicopters or fly men or equipment over houses without notifying the neighborhood First. That’s why we use cranes.

530RL

Reaction score
Is that a commercial zoned area? I just know We’re not allowed to set poles in backyards with helicopters or fly men or equipment over houses without notifying the neighborhood First. That’s why we use cranes.
That is the general Federal Aviation Regulations.

There are typically Temporary Flight Restrictions and other regulations that come into play which affect operators and would become more burdensome in areas with large public events. In your example of power line work, or construction work for that matter, the rules and regulations get quite burdensome depending upon where it is, who the operator is and how close it may be to a existing population, an airport or flight path.

The question in this case, is that if an emergency occurred, could have the PIC handled that occurrence “without hazard to persons or property on the surface”? That is for others to decide. However, risk assessment and is the risk worthy of the objective is the primary goal of all operators policies whether it be civilian or military.

With respect to when did the FAA get to tell the military what they can and can not do, the agreement of the military and the FAA to impose certain Federal Regulations on military operators was a direct result of the Hughes Ariwest Flight 706 Incident.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
The question in this case, is that if an emergency occurred, could have the PIC handled that occurrence “without hazard to persons or property on the surface”? That is for others to decide. However, risk assessment and is the risk worthy of the objective is the primary goal of all operators policies whether it be civilian or military.
Agreed. And my take on it is, yes, they would have been able to handle any emergency without hazard to people. Those are all multi engine helicopters, they’re not going to fall out of the sky. Even a fire or gearbox problem could have been handled outside the stadium. But, this is left up to interpretation which sucks for the pilots and they’re going to come under the microscope

530RL

Reaction score
Agreed. And my take on it is, yes, they would have been able to handle any emergency without hazard to people. Those are all multi engine helicopters, they’re not going to fall out of the sky. Even a fire or gearbox problem could have been handled outside the stadium. But, this is left up to interpretation which sucks for the pilots and they’re going to come under the microscope

The military does over 1,200 flyovers per year. It’s hard to imagine they don’t have operating procedures including minimum safe altitudes for such publicity events. 🤷‍♂️