WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I have State Farm...will they step up?

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I switched to Liberty Mutual (through Kevin on here) a couple years ago and yesterday decided to update my annual mileage numbers, since I'm working from home permanently...plus this COVID situation...the website won't even process anything. Same with Jet Blue...I had to cancel 3 flights and should have received credit either in points or in some travel bank...nothing shows up, most functions don't work. Everything is just overloaded right now I think.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
I'm with State Farm too. Been with them for years. I'm expecting another increase any day now.

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Theres an announcement coming sometime this week if State Farm will discount April and May like Allstate and American Family. Those companies are not refunding the entire premium, just 15% of prepaid premiums and monthly payments.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

sirbob

Reaction score
I’m hoping ... as I sit with this months SF bill on my desk

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Don't wait for a call, make a call. I saw this and told my daughter to call (she has geico) and told them she was working from home. The cut her rate in half. I heard that we called them as well. Didn't come out as good (3 cars, golf cart, boat, can am and RV) but did get the rate cut by about $90 a month. Also found out the had my golf rated at 12k miles a year WTF? Told them maybe 500 miles a year.

So a quick phone call may be worth some $$. Short hold times too

WildHorses24

Reaction score
State Farm just announced a huge Dividend today! We’re doubling what Allstate is refunding for Auto Insurance. No need to contact your agents, it will automatically process on all auto policies. This comes on top of the 100 million we’re donating to COVID relief fund and causes nationally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EBT531

Reaction score
Progressive sent me a notice they are taking 20% off of my auto in April and May. No action needed on my part.

Pelon

Reaction score
Progressive sent me a notice they are taking 20% off of my auto in April and May. No action needed on my part.

What about our boats? They are sitting idle also.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Nationwide is crediting $50 on my $5,000 auto policy. Wow, I'll go fill up the tank.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I switched to Liberty Mutual (through Kevin on here) a couple years ago and yesterday decided to update my annual mileage numbers, since I'm working from home permanently...plus this COVID situation...the website won't even process anything. Same with Jet Blue...I had to cancel 3 flights and should have received credit either in points or in some travel bank...nothing shows up, most functions don't work. Everything is just overloaded right now I think.
liberty just told me 50% off next 2 mo.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Just got an email from Farmers, automatic 25% reduction for the month of April.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I talked to my agent, even with 11 policies I'm still out of luck, because the trucks are all commercial policies. Same goes for any kind of monthly discounts, no go on commercial.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

NicPaus

Reaction score
Just got my bill for my Ski. $200 less than last year. I was going to cancel it until I saw the price. I just paid the trucks and boats for the year right before this. Hopefully get a break. Biggest expense after registration.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I had State Farm for 40+ years they never did anything but raise her rates so I dumped them we’ll see if this new people do

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I got an email from my state farm saying that "they are being told" to expect a 20% dividend (AZ customers) based on active policies from March 20 to May 30... Showing up on your bill in June... Nothing official from State Farm, just from my agent. Could just be a reaction to my inquiry to cancel all my policies but for one vehicle.

gqchris

Reaction score
I had State Farm for 40+ years they never did anything but raise her rates so I dumped them we’ll see if this new people do

Same here. I was 30 years. And finally dumped them last year to GEICO. Best thing I ever did. GEICO is stepping up with a 15% Credit this month.

sprintcvx

Reaction score
Just got a email from usaa saying we're getting discounted 20% for the last two months.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I received my 20% premium refund from AAA today.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
LOL State farm last week threatened to eliminate my "good driver discount" and ad a "surcharge" after 50 unwavering years of loyalty for a 1k fender bender last month ,

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Wow. Talk about kismet.....Just left SF.....Agent said on next renewal is 20% off. Also new vehicle I bought in April don't have to make any payment til 6-26-20

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Usaa has already given me my safe driver discount and a covid reduction.

2 months ago they lifted all late payment penalties and suspended scheduled payments as well.

traquer

Reaction score
I called state farm in March since I wasn't driving as much, saved a few bucks. FYI screw Geico and Mercury and all those discount insurance Sheisters. Statefarm or AAA all the way. They're the only 2 that pay for OEM german parts without asking, found out the hard way over the years. Most of us have expensive or unique toys on here, so PSA

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I received a check in the mail today. Was attached to a letter stating this is a 20% refund on your auto policy.

Did you get some kind of notification, or see it somewhere on your online account?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Insurance types Just call a call again from State farm , the say the state of California MANDATES a surcharge on my insurance after a fender bender of 1K ?? anyone ? I'm still calling bullshit on the "state mandate"

Last edited:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Just received a 10% refund on my auto insurance from AAA that covers from may through July.

This is my second refund from AAA since COVID.

I received my 20% premium refund from AAA today.

Last edited:

wallnutz

Reaction score
Funny I received a kick back on my personal auto insurance, but my commercial auto went up by at least 25%. Anybody else see this?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I always get money back from USAA although they have doing the same. Been with them since my teenage years.

2Driver

Reaction score
I always get money back from USAA although they have doing the same. Been with them since my teenage years.

rates are sky high from my experience. we jumped through hoops to get my FIL set up there so we could get on as well. LOL I didn’t even bother after the quotes came in.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
rates are sky high from my experience. we jumped through hoops to get my FIL set up there so we could get on as well. LOL I didn’t even bother after the quotes came in.

the reason I get the lowest rates and money back is we were in when it was a non profit for only officers and their kids. Their business model has changed over the decades as they became a for profit and allowed others in.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Received another refund from AAA. This is my third refund from AAA since COVID.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

AAA beat USAA for our home policy back when we owned the property in Anderson.
But other than that I’ve never found anything even close to USAA for rates or quality of coverage on auto coverage, by a long shot. Having a policy is one thing, using it is another. USAA has ALWAYS been like a best friend to me.
Same with loans.
Then again, I’ve been a member for over 20 years.

I’ve seen 3 credits on my auto policy so far this year, twice in this 6 month cycle.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
AAA beat USAA for our home policy back when we owned the property in Anderson.
But other than that I’ve never found anything even close to USAA for rates or quality of coverage on auto coverage, by a long shot. Having a policy is one thing, using it is another. USAA has ALWAYS been like a best friend to me.
Same with loans.
Then again, I’ve been a member for over 20 years.

I’ve seen 3 credits on my auto policy so far this year, twice in this 6 month cycle.

USAA hasn’t written homeowner polices for a while now...they transfer you to another company that they partner with. It’s sorta seem less but they’ll disclose that it’s not actually them writing the policy.

I think this is when their rates became uncompetitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro