WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

"I hear that train a'comin', it's rollin' round the bend...

rrrr

Reaction score
i am a bit of a train geek.. i watched them move the 4014 from pomona fairgrounds and i followed it ro rialto yard. i wen tto utah in 2019 to see it operational at the 150th anniversary of the golden spike. was awesome to see that beast operational sincei remeber as a kid clibming all over it a thte la fair back in the day.

Didn't you post up photos of the move?

azsunfun

Reaction score
visiting my daughter in sacramento went to train museum in old town, damn cool worth the visit, they stopped using this in sierras for snow pack caused carbon monoxide poisoning, its a monster!
Cab-Forward-by-Darby.monro.jpg

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I tried to catch it in Pilot Point, TX, but it was 2 hours late, so I bailed before it arrived. I saw the one on static display at a park near UP’s yard in Cheyenne. UP deemed that one in worse shape than 4014, so restored 4014

been waiting 40 years to see a Big Boy on the rails. I guess I have to wait a little longer.

awesome machine!

rrrr

Reaction score
I tried to catch it in Pilot Point, TX, but it was 2 hours late, so I bailed before it arrived. I saw the one on static display at a park near UP’s yard in Cheyenne. UP deemed that one in worse shape than 4014, so restored 4014

been waiting 40 years to see a Big Boy on the rails. I guess I have to wait a little longer.

awesome machine!

There's one at the Age of Steam museum in Frisco, just up the road from me. They've been working on a cosmetic restoration for eight years, it's looking pretty good.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
i am a bit of a train geek.. i watched them move the 4014 from pomona fairgrounds and i followed it ro rialto yard. i wen tto utah in 2019 to see it operational at the 150th anniversary of the golden spike. was awesome to see that beast operational sincei remeber as a kid clibming all over it a thte la fair back in the day.
I was one of those kids too! When it was in by the model train area, and then when I had kids, got pics of them when it was moved to the west a bit. I had moved out here by the time they put the spur in to put it back on the rails to Rialto. Massive piece of American mechanical art and power.

OC Mike

Reaction score
visiting my daughter in sacramento went to train museum in old town, damn cool worth the visit, they stopped using this in sierras for snow pack caused carbon monoxide poisoning, its a monster! View attachment 1047729

Went with my daughters 8 grade field trip to Sac.
Coolest part of the trip. I got so involved the group left me there.....
I caught up....

If you are around Old Sac, go there. It's worth it....

rrrr

Reaction score
Watch the video again and listen to that big steam whistle moan. That sound filled the air across America and the rest of the world for over 100 years.

I told my brother he was fortunate to hear that bit of bygone history.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Why is there a desiel locomotive behind them?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Why is there a desiel locomotive behind them?

My ass has had to push a 70yo car...pretty smart in my opinion 😂

I don't know if she's still coal fired, or converted to diesel. The coal may limit range. or the fuel tanks may be too small if diesel?

Clank123

Reaction score
The diesel locomotive is there to provide electric power for the coaches.

I asked the same question. The diesel is not providing any traction, it is just along for the ride.
Yes and.extra braking when needed.

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
I saw it just by chance on my way to work.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
My ass has had to push a 70yo car...pretty smart in my opinion [emoji23]

I don't know if she's still coal fired, or converted to diesel. The coal may limit range. or the fuel tanks may be too small if diesel?
I heard they were converted to oil. Seems the coal car could be converted to a tanker to hold fuel

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Racing up Cajon pass, 1989

Dan'l

Great video, thanks for posting. They had both of these engine's on display at Union station in DTLA and my parents took me and all of my friends to go see them. As a huge steam enthusiast, it was a day I will never forget.

rrrr

Reaction score
I heard they were converted to oil. Seems the coal car could be converted to a tanker to hold fuel

That's what has been done.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score

Another big steam railroading geek here. My wife bought me a cab ride for birthday a few years ago at the Fillmore and Western. It was an awesome experience and I can't wait to do another one on a different railroad.

rrrr

Reaction score