WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I Hope This Is A Sign Of Good Times Ahead

LazyLavey

Reaction score
This guy came through my patio while I was having lunch... Didn't hang around long
fullsizeoutput_f37.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score
This guy came through my patio while I was having lunch... Didn't hang around long View attachment 922937

Are they supposed to bring you good luck ? If so I need to have a serious chat with couple of them birds. 😒 Hell, one of mine even ran off with a lizard the other day and didn't even leave any good luck, certainly wasn't a lucky day for the lizard. :rolleyes:

2Driver

Reaction score
I love watching them, man they don't miss anything, especially a hand out. 😁
Click on the male call, 4th down that sounds like buzzing it will drive him nuts.

Taboma

Reaction score
Click on the male call, 4th down that sounds like buzzing it will drive him nuts.

I've got one at Havasu who's used to bumming from all the neighbors, so when I see him I make a "Clacking" noise with my mouth and he comes running up my stairs looking for the handout. Funny birds, but vicious predators for sure.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Mean little fuckers if no food for the family the weakest kids get to be breakfast sad but part of life

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I had one come up and bang on my patio door and then on my kitchen window one day.. I pulled the curtain back and he just stared at me. Someone else must have trained him and he was looking for food.

wash11

Reaction score
We had one kill a young rattlesnake in our backyard, right in front of us. From that day forward Amy would roll out little balls of raw ground beef anytime she saw him. That went on for a couple years, right up till we moved. Bitchin little pets to have around!

Taboma

Reaction score
I think I told this Road Runner story a few years back, but -----

So I see this RR at our Havasu place, running around with a large dead lizard dangling from it's beak. Later, I see it and there's that lizard, still dangling.
Next morning, again, the RR with a lizard, by now the lizard is like a limp wilted leaf.
Later, again with the lizard, damn I'm thinking, what's he doing tenderizing it ??

Following morning there's that road runner running around with the lizard flapping like a wet noodle, this thing is now three days old and very ripe.
Then I spot another road runner, they do the tilt head thing back and forth, he starts chattering, lizard still dangling.
The second road runner runs over, the first road runner presents the limp lizard to the second, it grabs it, gulps it down, turns around, hunches over and the first one jumps on and starts humping the shit out of what I now realize is a her.
That damned road runner bought him a piece of ass for the price of one very dead and limp three day old lizard. 😂
So now, every time I see a road runner running around with a lizard, I'm wondering if it's for dinner or to get laid. ;)

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I think I told this Road Runner story a few years back, but -----

So I see this RR at our Havasu place, running around with a large dead lizard dangling from it's beak. Later, I see it and there's that lizard, still dangling.
Next morning, again, the RR with a lizard, by now the lizard is like a limp wilted leaf.
Later, again with the lizard, damn I'm thinking, what's he doing tenderizing it ??

Following morning there's that road runner running around with the lizard flapping like a wet noodle, this thing is now three days old and very ripe.
Then I spot another road runner, they do the tilt head thing back and forth, he starts chattering, lizard still dangling.
The second road runner runs over, the first road runner presents the limp lizard to the second, it grabs it, gulps it down, turns around, hunches over and the first one jumps on and starts humping the shit out of what I now realize is a her.
That damned road runner bought him a piece of ass for the price of one very dead and limp three day old lizard. 😂
So now, every time I see a road runner running around with a lizard, I'm wondering if it's for dinner or to get laid. ;)
AS we all know.... that ass is expensive. Some of it is worth it. Others, not so much.

Taboma

Reaction score
AS we all know.... that ass is expensive. Some of it is worth it. Others, not so much.

Since he had the price right, I'm guessing this wasn't his first rodeo 😁 For the record, I don't recommend trying this at home. 👎
The limp lizard, when presented to my wife, didn't achieve the reaction I was hoping for and they taste like shit. 😖

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Since he had the price right, I'm guessing this wasn't his first rodeo 😁 For the record, I don't recommend trying this at home. 👎
The limp lizard, when presented to my wife, didn't achieve the reaction I was hoping for and they taste like shit. 😖

“Limp lizard”...noted!!!

LazyLavey

Reaction score
The things a guy will do.... and the things that a girl will let him do