WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I just can’t win

Joker

Reaction score
He will still have to put down around $6-7k to keep it at $600/month at 0%.

I have not had a auto loan for awhile, do you need to put down more than that to get the 0%?

i put 10 down and came in at 510 on a truck at 48k otd. Also you don’t need to drop a cent for the 0 percent

CLdrinker

Reaction score
i went zero an was at 523

youre buying a diesel for 41k? You’re 25 under what dealers want
March 2019 Hoblit Ram. Tradesman 6.4 was 36+ fees 6.7 was 42+ fees.

someone want to give 39k for my 6.4 it’s gone lol

Joker

Reaction score
March 2019 Hoblit Ram. Tradesman 6.4 was 36+ fees 6.7 was 42+ fees.

someone want to give 39k for my 6.4 it’s gone lol
You’re not getting a new diesel under 68k. I’m sure you’ve looked it up.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
You’re not getting a new diesel under 68k. I’m sure you’ve looked it up.
Not true. The dealership I posted had diesel duallies for 68k. The 2500 diesels were around 59k.

Sent From Tapatalk

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Here are a few examples of diesels. It says they have 21 4x4 2500 crew cab and Maga Cab diesels in stock.

Screenshot_20210217-215210_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210217-214744_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210217-214811_Chrome.jpg

Sent From Tapatalk

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
They have a Tradesman 4x4 for 41k.

This one has the Tradesman level 2 (cloth seats and carpet instead of vinyl seats and rubber floors.), tow package, offroad package and chrome accent package.
Screenshot_20210217-220827_Chrome.jpg

Sent From Tapatalk

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
The only problem is none of those trucks are on the lot. They all say in transit
Hmm. I didn't notice that.

When I filtered for 2500's, there are 119 trucks listed on the site. They must have some. I will look again and look for that.

Sent From Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
Believe me that truck is not fragile.

Think about it this way.
The part wore out and broke in a parking lot and no one got hurt.
If that part wore out and broke while you had your boys in the truck going down the freeway (LA pot hole), shit could of gone bad quick.

Good friend works at American Tire (area mgr in North Carolina) and I ran your issue by him. 100% will not be covered. You might get a small credit for the poor service, but they will not cover something when driving the truck into the stall, you signed that away when you dropped truck off. Now, if the wheel flew off while driving home, since lugs were not tightened correctly, they would cover It.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
The only problem is none of those trucks are on the lot. They all say in transit
Hmm. I didn't notice that.

When I filtered for 2500's, there are 119 trucks listed on the site. They must have some. I will look again and look for that.

Sent From Tapatalk
You are correct. All of them say "In Transit". Damn.

Sent From Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score
Can you not purchase one in transit?

Assuming they have everything you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
Can you not purchase one in transit?

Assuming they have everything you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes. Friend did that with his F350.
everything was signed pending delivery inspection. 8 weeks later he signed the docs and drove truck home.

NicPaus

Reaction score
As long as they have a vin. Finding one on the lot you will be paying to close to sticker. Supply and demand.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
As long as they have a vin. Finding one on the lot you will be paying to close to sticker. Supply and demand.

LOL!!, BEND OVER. The vehicle Dealers, are feast Of Famine. There are years it seems they are giving them away and then for what ever reason, "A Shortage" they are Ready to Hammer You.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Yep. I had 1 salesman tell me i don't care what the salesman price is i am not selling it for that. We only have 2 like it. I asked him why they were even offering employee price then. I still over paid but needed the write off for last year.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Think about it this way.
The part wore out and broke in a parking lot and no one got hurt.
If that part wore out and broke while you had your boys in the truck going down the freeway (LA pot hole), shit could of gone bad quick.

Good friend works at American Tire (area mgr in North Carolina) and I ran your issue by him. 100% will not be covered. You might get a small credit for the poor service, but they will not cover something when driving the truck into the stall, you signed that away when you dropped truck off. Now, if the wheel flew off while driving home, since lugs were not tightened correctly, they would cover It.
I didn’t sign anything. Another thing the police officer brought up

Singleton

Reaction score
Then you might get something. I would submit parts plus standard labor rate for repair.
Normal procedure is to record electronic signature at drop off authorizing the work to be done and releasing liability. Then again you did give them your keys, and without signature for work authorization they can argue a few different things.

in the end a part wore out and broke. Your better off it breaking in a parking lot then with your family in it on the freeway. The part was going to break sooner or later.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Then you might get something. I would submit parts plus standard labor rate for repair.
Normal procedure is to record electronic signature at drop off authorizing the work to be done and releasing liability. Then again you did give them your keys, and without signature for work authorization they can argue a few different things.

in the end a part wore out and broke. Your better off it breaking in a parking lot then with your family in it on the freeway. The part was going to break sooner or later.

"ECHO"

sirbob

Reaction score
“I Just can’t win”

With over 400 posts on a thread that started with “ whoa is me“, BHC Vic is in the running for thread of the year already...

Vic you may be a bigger winner than you give yourself credit for😊

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Vic, I called Hoblit and talked to the Fleet Manager. He said several of those trucks are in Benicia (Bay Area), and should be delivered this weekend.

I didn't mention your name, but told him I was calling for a buddy who's at work. Here is the Fleet Manager's contact info if you want to reach out to him directly.

Reese Baganz (530) 419-5965.

Good Luck.

Sent From Tapatalk

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

100% they are fucked. No auth signature, no estimate signed waiver, no insurance coverage, no immunity for any liability.

They better pay that whole thing with a smile, the BAR and their insurance company would love to hear about it I am sure.

If you take them to court, they have already lost.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
100% they are fucked. No auth signature, no estimate signed waiver, no insurance coverage, no immunity for any liability.

They better pay that whole thing with a smile, the BAR and their insurance company would love to hear about it I am sure.

If you take them to court, they have already lost.
Yep, the BAR does not play nice when shops don't follow these simple rules.

Sherpa

Reaction score
I would go on and say that the BAR is completely toothless........ I had an incident from a crappy trans shop that screwed up my E4OD rebuild which cost me money to get my truck home, they denied anything wrong, etc...... I took it apart, found the failure, fixed it, all while videoing the whole thing.....
showed the shop their screw up....... they denied all of it...... I wanted to pummel the guy, but that doesn't work out in the long run........ I contacted the BAR
for advice..... they had none....... business's sign up for the BAR, however it's like a private entity........ toothless.......

--Sherpa

Good luck Vic on the search.......... so are you looking at Hoblit motors in Colusa?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
440 posts later and nobody has put this $18 ball joint in yet.....

View attachment 974245
I think the ball joint is done, he needed something else for the axle so he’ll finish tomorrow. I’m probably going to buy the Ford in the classifieds, and save my money so I can just buy a truck cash and stop worrying about a payment I dont want. I’ll probably buy a gasser from hoblit, it shouldn’t take to too long to put away the 40k. It seems like right now is kind of bad timing to buy a 2500 and it seems like the more I push things the harder I’m making them on myself. Time to reset, I know where it starts.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I think the ball joint is done, he needed something else for the axle so he’ll finish tomorrow. I’m probably going to buy the Ford in the classifieds, and save my money so I can just buy a truck cash and stop worrying about a payment I dont want. I’ll probably buy a gasser from hoblit, it shouldn’t take to too long to put away the 40k. It seems like right now is kind of bad timing to buy a 2500 and it seems like the more I push things the harder I’m making them on myself. Time to reset, I know where it starts.

If your gonna keep the Chevy around for a bit while you save up, spend a little money and do both ball joints, and have a competent shop look the rest over and replace what’s needed. Safety and piece of mind....

nowski

Reaction score
If your gonna keep the Chevy around for a bit while you save up, spend a little money and do both ball joints, and have a competent shop look the rest over and replace what’s needed. Safety and piece of mind....
Best bit of advice right here ^^^^^^

However he did mention he thinks the ball joint and not ball joints has been taken care of. If the first ball joint failed the second will follow it's just a matter of time.

I was brought up on this phrase, "do the job right or don't do it at all". So whether your doing the job or your mechanic it still applies...

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Best bit of advice right here ^^^^^^

However he did mention he thinks the ball joint and not ball joints has been taken care of. If the first ball joint failed the second will follow it's just a matter of time.

I was brought up on this phrase, "do the job right or don't do it at all". So whether your doing the job or your mechanic it still applies...

To save 50 Cents will cost you $50.00 every time.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Right before we moved to Arizona I bought a complete front end rebuild kit of Amazon for my '01 Silverado. Came with new upper arms with the new bushings and ball joints, lower ball joints, inner and outter tie rod ends, Idler arm, Pittman arm, and sway bar links. I had just put new hub assemblies on it 6 months prior (STUPID easy to to do btw). I bartered a little bit of work with my neighbor who was a mechanic and had a 2 post lift in his side yard. He got the work done in 1 evening after work. All said, probably cost me about 4 to $500 plus an alignment afterwards. Truck drove like a new truck after that.

Oh, and for all those that are saying this is a big problem with GM trucks...... I've had mine for about 13 years now. This is the second time I've had to replace some of those components. First time I've had to replace the unit bearings. The truck has 198k miles on it with a 6" lift and 35" tires, and I am NOT easy on it one bit. My family has had GM trucks for as long as I can remember. None of us have ever had a ball joint or any other front end component break on us.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Lol... Finally got through most of this thread. Just skipped the adds. Vic.... Just fix the truck you have and stay way ahead cost wise unless you really just want a new truck. This is really a no brainer.

Sucks it happened, and I get the frustration, but you dodged a huge bullet when that thing let go in the parking lot. You really should be happy about it honestly.