TBulger

Reaction score
I've gone thru life following the simple rules:

Do unto others-
10 commandments---
What goes around ---
Don't hurt anyone you disagree---
etc etc etc.

With another school shooting today, the younger generation, don't seem to have any patience. Geez, it's getting so easy to just kill someone over the simplest things. Most of those pulling this BS are just young people. Where did all us parents go so wrong? :(

fmo24

Reaction score
I've gone thru life following the simple rules:

Do unto others-
10 commandments---
What goes around ---
Don't hurt anyone you disagree---
etc etc etc.

With another school shooting today, the younger generation, don't seem to have any patience. Geez, it's getting so easy to just kill someone over the simplest things. Most of those pulling this BS are just young people. Where did all us parents go so wrong? :([/QUOTE
These shootings are terrible. But if you look at the number of people living their lives by the same rules you have lived by these incidents are very limited. I am afraid that people are so PC that the younger generation along with most likely mental illness has escalated these type of events.

Backlash

Reaction score
Lack of respect on the child's side and lack of discipline on the parent's side. Everyone is so afraid to parent anymore because of the possible outcomes. Kids these days know how to manipulate the system and it puts parents in a bad spot. Parents no longer spank children for fear of being reported to CPS or hurting their dear child's spirit. It's a shame.

koenig

Reaction score
Not just school shooting. Here we have a major gang problem and I was thinking about where the parents went wrong. Their children have grown up to be gang members and even murderers. Last week we had an 18 year kid shot and killed in his driveway. The neighbor it happened in I pass every day on my way to stores. When I was growing up, near here, we didn't have gangs, we didn't know about any gangs. Its more then just making money off of drug dealing. Something went wrong and its how the parents parented.

rvrmom

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think it's parent's medicating their kids. Seriously.. I'm 43 and think I'm pretty much in the middle as far as age goes on the boards. I have never heard of ADHD until a few years ago. I think these kid's friggen snap.

I along with my ex have managed to raise a very nice well mannered child. You open door's for women, say please and thank you. It's just called common decency.

Nobody is shooting anybody in this house...well maybe the gate with a 'moded'? nerf gun with duct tape. But that's as far as it gets LOL

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
Most parents don't have the time or desire to parent anymore.

We are to busy working or following someones instagram feed between reality TV episodes.

Hit the nail on the head. What do we expect when we have Daycare raise our children? Parents teach accountability not daycare....

TBulger

Reaction score
Growing up my dad told me, "if you shame me, I will put you in your grave" ; he wasn't a mean person, but always meant what he said and I still believe it at 74 and think of it often. :yikes

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
It's very simple : there's just too many f 'ing people competing for ever shrinking resources , be it water . money , patience
real estate , food etc ...it's that science project where you start with a small group of rats and then introduce more and more until they start killing themselves .That and people are just plain nuts !

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think it's parent's medicating their kids. Seriously.. I'm 43 and think I'm pretty much in the middle as far as age goes on the boards. I have never heard of ADHD until a few years ago. I think these kid's friggen snap.

I along with my ex have managed to raise a very nice well mannered child. You open door's for women, say please and thank you. It's just called common decency.

Nobody is shooting anybody in this house...well maybe the gate with a 'moded'? nerf gun with duct tape. But that's as far as it gets LOL

I had a buddy who medicated his kid.. They said he had ADHD so they started giving him aderall, then the poor kid couldn't sleep so they gave him tranqualizers. The poor kid had eyes that looked like they were hollowed out of his head and the parents constantly bitched about how missbehaved he was and how difficult he was. I felt sorry for their kid, used to hire his son to come do housework at my place so He and his parents could get a break. When he was at my house he did good, had a little trouble staying on task but no more so than your average teenager. Their son was deffinately not easy, but it was because he was bored and needed to be challenged. My buddy was too lazy to PARENT the kid and wanted to use pills to CURE him. It made me sick to go to their place for dinner with how they talked to their son.

I have since ceased my friendship with them, but my heart still goes out to their kid. He didn't deserve that sort of thing.

LB247XS

Reaction score
Lack of respect on the child's side and lack of discipline on the parent's side. Everyone is so afraid to parent anymore because of the possible outcomes. Kids these days know how to manipulate the system and it puts parents in a bad spot. Parents no longer spank children for fear of being reported to CPS or hurting their dear child's spirit. It's a shame.
I agree a couple years ago my daughter 16 at the time got really mouthy with me and I told her (keep it up and I'm slapping your ass).her reply was touch me I'll call the cops.i was blown away so I grabbed her by the arm pulled her to the front door pushed her out and told her to call.after about an hour outside by herself crying I checked on her she came running to me saying sorry.its been wonderful eversince.

rvrmom

Reaction score
I remember when I was pretty little. I say Dad... I'm bored... He said go play on the 405 that should keep ya busy LOL:D

I was on the losing end of the wooden spoon too.

My son 'tried' to get lippy about a year ago.. He mouthed something off leaving the room. My response.. you wanna come say that to my face.

No... yeah that's what I thought

Funny story... my best girlfriend. We were probably 14??? So we are just hanging out in her room it was a mess. So her Mom say's you need to clean your room. She stands up and say's I WILL NEVER FORGET. If you don't like it don't look at it. OMFG. So her Mom walks away I almost had a coronary at 14.

So in my mind.. sweet that works NOT LOL. I told my Mom the same thing hoping it was gonna work. Wow was I wrong LOL

28Eliminator

Reaction score

You pretty much nailed it I think.. Parents aren't allowed to parent anymore and kids know it. They're raised that way and don't know any different.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Some genius decided it was bad to teach children accountablity so all forms of this education were banned and made illegal.
Pussification.[emoji107]

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Growing up my dad told me, "if you shame me, I will put you in your grave" ; he wasn't a mean person, but always meant what he said and I still believe it at 74 and think of it often. :yikes

This ^^^^^

I always knew that even if my Dad had no arms and no legs he could still beat my ass.

To this day (he's 60) I still believe it.

He's an amazing guy but I never crossed that line.

PVHCA

Reaction score
I grew up the baby of 9, we all had chores, we all RESPECTED our parents, NEVER back talked, showed each other(siblings) respect(most of the time), looked forward to the weekends, that's when we could play all day outside, kept our rooms clean etc etc> I have tried to do the same with my son with a few tweeks here and there, some things I know for sure, that kid loves me, respects me, honors my wishes, and is proud of his last name, this all comes because I love him, respect him, honor his wishes and am proud where I come from. My son and I have a great relationship, we can BS, horse around and goof off all we want, but he knows when I mean business, he doesn't like "the come to Jesus talks".

Most parents today are too caught up in their own selfish bullshit and forget they have kids that need to be raised by them and not video games or other friends.

PVHCA

Reaction score
This ^^^^^

I always knew that even if my Dad had no arms and no legs he could still beat my ass.

To this day (he's 60) I still believe it.

He's an amazing guy but I never crossed that line.

"I brought you into this world and I'll take you out if necessary", my pops line when you knew he was over the top pissed.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I agree a couple years ago my daughter 16 at the time got really mouthy with me and I told her (keep it up and I'm slapping your ass).her reply was touch me I'll call the cops.i was blown away so I grabbed her by the arm pulled her to the front door pushed her out and told her to call.after about an hour outside by herself crying I checked on her she came running to me saying sorry.its been wonderful eversince.

Yea, I think I tried that once as well. My dad handed me the phone, "Maybe they will treat you better."

Brian

Yellowboat

Reaction score

I used to think that way.until I saw 6 year olds handwriting going from being eligible to almost perfect in less than a week. behavior changes that were so dramatic it was not even funny. think people to over medicate though.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's stuff like this that just makes me feel so very sad for the kids of America these days. Their innocence is robbed so early. I certainly wouldn't want to be a kid in this day and age. :(

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Any trouble I got in or bad choices I made where on me. Can't sit back and blame my parents I'm my own person they taught me right from wrong but couldn't make choices for me. One day I woke

nowski

Reaction score
For me it started at the ripe young age of 13. I was an alcoholic and doper before hitting puberty. My life was in shambles and on the brink of ending it all (gun in hand) by 20. I'm not perfect by any shape or form and my life has been a work in progress. The day I stepped into a Church for the 1st time, life took on a whole new meaning. I was joined by others that were broken and on the mend as myself and then one day my life became a blessing. I continued to watch my old friends die off one by one, overdose, drug deals gone bad and suicide. So to see what is happening today with our youth is no surprise to me. With all that said, as a Husband & Father it's my duty to keep my 2 kids on the straight and narrow because I do not wish any kid a childhood like the one I had.

So in Tom's opening line I just realized something, something may be missing in us all...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Grand Theft Auto is the parent now, and it doesn't change when they walk out the door.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Step son was yelling at his mom when he was about 12 YO.
Deb and I had just gotten married and I snatched him up and told him never speak to my wife that way. He said that he would call the cops on me if I hit him...I said "You should have called them already"...and threw him in the swimming pool.

Fully clothed in January...He never said that again...

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Parents not being parents. Look at the behavior of parents at their little darlings sporting events. Yelling at the coaches, moms threatening the coaches that their boyfriends gonna kick their ass. Every third kid has ADHD and is on meds.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Step son was yelling at his mom when he was about 12 YO.
Deb and I had just gotten married and I snatched him up and told him never speak to my wife that way. He said that he would call the cops on me if I hit him...I said "You should have called them already"...and threw him in the swimming pool.

Fully clothed in January...He never said that again...

At12 years old I would have popped u right in the mouth. Just saying.., great parenting [emoji57]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
No some guy that married my mom and threw me in a pool.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
My parents and I have a great relationship pops never threw me in a pool... Hit me with a belt one time in my entire life. I know a little about WTG and his family life but I won't go there because that's none of my business [emoji106]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
My parents respect each other. No crazy fights no divorce I'm sure that plays a role in things.

milkmoney

Reaction score
My parents and I have a great relationship pops never threw me in a pool... Hit me with a belt one time in my entire life. I know a little about WTG and his family life but I won't go there because that's none of my business [emoji106]

You missed the point I think. But that's ok , I won't explain it. :)

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
Until kids realize there are repercussions for there actions nothing will change. I've told my kids that they can do whatever they want if they are willing to pay the price. It only takes once to twice to learn.

I love the macho posturing in this thread... If some 12 year old mouthed off to my wive, my kid or not he would learn about consequences right there and then.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Nope...my parents taught me to respect them with out beating me or throwing me into the pool. They treated me w respect and I did the same nothing to macho about that

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Id pay to see u run from a kid at the yard house

Did you read the story you bumbling man child? I pushed his fucking ass out of my coach after I asked him to leave on his own. Do you have reading com-pre-hen-shun problems?

If I knew it would have been just me and him going at it, I would have beat his ass down for being a douche towards me, my wife, and my guests, for stepping into my coach with the intent to act like a prick, and lastly, I would have fucked him up for having the audacity(look it up) to slam MY door in my face because he didn't leave with grace when I gave him the opportunity.

So are you saying you would let someone come up on your wife or family and not do a thing? I'm going to guess not, and guess what? Me neither. Give me a fucking break, you make juvenile comments.

See that is what it is about you, you make juvenile comments, ever since you started posting and you get all chesty poppie outtie when someone calls you on it.

Brian

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Tell yourself whatever u need to tough guy.

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
d6341-funny-internet-meme-guy-sitting-in-front-of-computer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.