WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I knew this day was coming..... Update

4Waters

Reaction score
I've tried to prepare myself for this, and it didn't work out very well..... I definitely was not ready for this.

My little girl was asked out today 🤨, his name is Rocco. Apparently he is a football player and lacrosse player.

I'm gonna need a bigger boat for shark fishing.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Haven't met my daughter's new beau. I know he drives a late model Caddy, went to a whizzbang prep school in Scottsdale, and is deathly afraid of meeting me.
Oddly, I'm nervous about meeting the boy...I know his parents buy and consolidate businesses, and out household isn't really..."proper"?

4Waters

Reaction score
Haven't met my daughter's new beau. I know he drives a late model Caddy, went to a whizzbang prep school in Scottsdale, and is deathly afraid of meeting me.
Oddly, I'm nervous about meeting the boy...I know his parents buy and consolidate businesses, and out household isn't really..."proper"?
He needs to be told I run a backhoe at work sometimes

attitude

Reaction score
Don’t worry I’m sure you accrued some
good karma when you were growing up😉 plus with masks and all it will be impossible to even have the temptation of kissing. In all seriousness at 14 he probably doesn’t have the courage to put his arm around a girl in a movie theater, and he was kind enough to ask her on a date. Is the actual date planned yet?

4Waters

Reaction score
Don’t worry I’m sure you accrued some
good karma when you were growing up😉 plus with masks and all it will be impossible to even have the temptation of kissing. In all seriousness at 14 he probably doesn’t have the courage to put his arm around a girl in a movie theater, and he was kind enough to ask her on a date. Is the actual date planned yet?
Kinda, they are going bowling just don't know what day yet

LazyLavey

Reaction score
If he thinks your character is questionable it may instill just enough fear......

Just give him the look and don't say much, that'll keep him guessing

For some unknown reason I scared the hell out of my daughters friends.. Don't know why but it worked

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Show him your gun collection when he comes over to pick her up for the date...tell him they will never find his body if he does anything towards your daughter.
Speaking as a former teenage boy I don’t advise this! It was only motivation for me to see how many unspeakable things well I’ll just stop right there.

The girl that I actually dated in high school had a really cool dad that was involved in her life and made sure I knew that. I treated them both with a lot of respect. The only time I actually was pissed at him was when he taught me to single ski and wouldn’t let me in the boat until I got up! He just laughed his ass off as he kept coming around and saying “So close that time you’re almost back in the boat” I couldn’t even open my car door by the time I got back to my truck my hands were stuck shut!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If he thinks your character is questionable it may instill just enough fear......

Just give him the look and don't say much, that'll keep him guessing

For some unknown reason I scared the hell out of my daughters friends.. Don't know why but it worked
That's not bad advice. Quiet dad's are the scariest because young kids haven't learned how to read people very well at that age yet.

4Waters

Reaction score
Speaking as a former teenage boy I don’t advise this! It was only motivation for me to see how many unspeakable things well I’ll just stop right there.

The girl that I actually dated in high school had a really cool dad that was involved in her life and made sure I knew that. I treated them both with a lot of respect. The only time I actually was pissed at him was when he taught me to single ski and wouldn’t let me in the boat until I got up! He just laughed his ass off as he kept coming around and saying “So close that time you’re almost back in the boat” I couldn’t even open my car door by the time I got back to my truck my hands were stuck shut!
But did you get up?

That's kinda how my lesson went,

Him- wanna ski

Me- sure (and I jump in)

Me- where is the other ski

Him- no doubles in this boat

🤣🤣

Roosky01

Reaction score
Just welcome him into your home and set him down on the couch. Start with some small talk and then look into his eyes while rubbing his thigh and tell him he sure is cute. The word will get out and should buy you a few more years before you have to worry about this sort of thing again...😉

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
14 ? Friend date with other people. Obviously he’s not driving?

attitude

Reaction score

Exactly this, have him respect you not hate you. You don’t want him to have a reason to try and “get even with you.”

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Just welcome him into your home and set him down on the couch. Start with some small talk and then look into his eyes while rubbing his thigh and tell him he sure is cute. The word will get out and should buy you a few more years before you have to worry about this sort of thing again...😉

Ya and then ole Dan will get taken away for sexual misconduct involving a minor..

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

I didnt bring a girl home to meet my mom until I was 17. Mainly because, the same as you, my family wasnt "proper". Another reason is I was embarrassed for anyone to see the way we lived, off grid. No conventional electricity(generators and battery banks). Pumped our own water out of a spring. A driveway you couldn't get up or down in the winter without 4x4(is was like going muddin everyday). Just a different lifestyle that alot of people didnt understand. Needless to say, the girl I finally got the courage to bring home and introduce to mom and our way of living I am still with her today and I'm now 42!!

When she finds the right guy, she will know and that is the one you will finally meet. Until then they will keep them hidden..lol

4Waters

Reaction score
My girls are 11 and 9. All my friends say that my day of well earned reckoning is coming...😥
X2😳 but don't you worry, my friend (The dad to said BF in earlier post) has 4 girls 😳😳😳😳

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
How old is your daughter?

Just wait for the first time you get a call from the friendly policeman telling you he caught your kid (driving) and her friends 'off roading' in the local hills and that he will be sending her toward home right now.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I didnt bring a girl home to meet my mom until I was 17. Mainly because, the same as you, my family wasnt "proper". Another reason is I was embarrassed for anyone to see the way we lived, off grid. No conventional electricity(generators and battery banks). Pumped our own water out of a spring. A driveway you couldn't get up or down in the winter without 4x4(is was like going muddin everyday). Just a different lifestyle that alot of people didnt understand. Needless to say, the girl I finally got the courage to bring home and introduce to mom and our way of living I am still with her today and I'm now 42!!

When she finds the right guy, she will know and that is the one you will finally meet. Until then they will keep them hidden..lol

Nice yob you Hillbilly!

DC-88

Reaction score
You seem like a great Dad @4Waters so don't hold that back from your kid's significant others as time goes on, because in this day and age chances are they need the positive influence and attention.
I'm not saying to be a push over or not set limits, but I've never been sold on the over protective dad theory based on a girl I'd known for about a year within our friend circle when I was in 11th grade asking me to hang out one night.... I'd recently been dumped by a g.f. for cheating on her and didn't even think of it as a date. They had a nice house in Chatsworth I'd never been to , and my p.o.s. lowered truck was broken, so I grabbed my Mom's beater 84' honda accord 5 speed and headed over when she gave me the address. Her Dad meets me at the door and tells me to walk w him to a hall closet where he shows me a .12 side by side, says not to touch the daughter, and tells me to follow him to the weight room. He then asks me my max on a few things, and wants to measure arms. So we max on bench and a couple other quick ones , he measures my buggy whips (his biceps were inches bigger of course) , literally tells me to have her back by 9 or 930, and off we go to hang out with friends. No bs we don't make it 4 blocks before she's like.... " pull over" , flips her seat back/down, and I give her 45 seconds I don't regret, flip her over and she grinds out 90 more she likely doesn't either. We head to a parking lot to hang out with a few friends, grab some Penguins frozen yogurt, and by 9 we were back at her place watching what I'm pretty sure (1986) was a new episode of Miami Vice with her Mom and brother 😂
Honestly from my perspective being a Dad of boys it's just as important to be yourself and bond with their girlfriends, fiance's etc .

707dog

Reaction score
the tone starts at the first hand shake make sure his hand feels how much the young lady means to you and he better be ready to fire that squeeze back. if his hands are supple and smooth well we all know where that come from🤣🤣 i am sure your daughter is not falling for any BS and respects the standards set at home.

wet hull

Reaction score
download.jpeg

4Waters

Reaction score
Definitely not showing any guns, I will shake his hand and he will feel the clamping power of a man that works with his hands (guys at work call me Popeye) I will be respectful but few words outside of questions.