WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I knew this day was coming..... Update

Kbach

Reaction score
Where's he play Lacrosse? My son is on Royals team...I can do some digging if the kids at Royal...

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Rocco? Football player? Definitely clean the guns when he comes over. It makes an impression. Had a GF’s old man do that years ago and it still has an impression In my mind.

A simple first meeting and handshake (used to) mean something. A good Handshake and eye contact go a long way. Don’t worry about embarrassing her, the way he reacts says a lot.

Kbach

Reaction score
Perfect...I'm picking up Cam from practice in about 15 minutes, I'll figure out something!!

King P.V.

Reaction score
You need to follow "THEM " both on Facebook, Instagram or whatever kids do on their phones now a daze. They need to give you that info . And, tell him and her, if ever, EVER, they or their friends, find that they need assistance/help at any time, never to hesitate to call you no matter what time or under any circumstances. That you are the guy to call to help, to listen, to get them back to reality. If its illegal or shady...then that will get sorted out later but for right now... please call.

4Waters

Reaction score
You need to follow "THEM " both on Facebook, Instagram or whatever kids do on their phones now a daze. They need to give you that info . And, tell him and her, if ever, EVER, they or their friends, find that they need assistance/help at any time, never to hesitate to call you no matter what time or under any circumstances. That you are the guy to call to help, to listen, to get them back to reality. If its illegal or shady...then that will get sorted out later but for right now... please call.
My daughter definitely knows that

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
My Niece just moved to the valley to go to ASU. I let her know, if she EVER needs anything, at anytime, to call me, period. And I’ll handle it. And we can determine if her parents need to find out later, lol.

And if she ever has any boy trouble I’m on that shit like gasoline on a fire.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Tell her he has to take you out to dinner first
My Daughters first high school date had to go to dinner with me first...i was traveling a lot and he had to reach me and set it up, i picked him up his Grandparents invited me in and loved the fact that i was doing this. I got my point across that he was asking to take out a very important person in my life and I would do anything to protect her. They dated for a while then I let the youth pastor take her out and she just delivered twins in Montana 3 weeks ago.... it moves fast from her my friend...college wedding, big move all seems like it was a blink of the eye.

sgtskidmark

Reaction score
I've tried to prepare myself for this, and it didn't work out very well..... I definitely was not ready for this.

My little girl was asked out today 🤨, his name is Rocco. Apparently he is a football player and lacrosse player.

I'm gonna need a bigger boat for shark fishing.
After raising three daughters and two boys, I came to the conclusion that if you raise them right they may listen, and 90% of the time they do the right thing, now I will say my oldest now husband met me my brother and two of my best friends cleaning a lot of “lost “guns in the garage when he first showed up, today he is an E8 in the army and I am so proud of him and my daughter, Now I will say the other two weren’t as ,Let’s say as smart, one of them did finely give me two grandsons and married a decent guy, I’ll leave out the youngest, at 23 I’m still trying to kick her ass lol.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
I did not talk to my Daughters boyfriend for first 2 months. He’d come over and I just look right past him. Don’t even have to say a word to let your feelings known.
Once he realized I didn’t need to like him-I eased up. He knew I was there to protect her only.
They’ve been dating for 3 years now..

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
First guy that showed up at the door to pick up our oldest was a little shady…after talking to him, you could see something in his character. Maybe just Eddie Haskell, who knows.

So when they go to leave, I walk them to the front door, reach out to shake his hand, pull him in close and tell him that anything he tries to do to her, I am going to do to him. He responded…I don’t even know what that means. Lol

I told him he should spend some time thinking about it and closed the door. Then my wife and I laughed our asses off.

Yoshiro

Reaction score
ekfaie84qop71.jpg

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I had a gf from freshman year in high school all the way to senior year when we split up like 2 months before prom. We were always friends, her parents would let me stay at her house, and vice versa. Our parents even met each other during drop offs in the early years before we got cars. She would come with me on my ice hockey tournaments with our team to diff states and countries. She was my first, I was hers, yadda yadda typical high school sweetheart type stuff.

Later on in life she actually hit me up to say thank you for all the experiences and how it helped her find her husband, yadda yadda...

So it aint all bad... Dude could be a good guy.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
My opinion :

You are, from all interactions on this board, a good person and a great father.

Don't over think it, your girl is smart and knows what is up. She knows anything that goes wrong you will be there instantly.

Ease up and don't add YOUR pressure to hers...she will thank you later on.

This is assuming of course that you get a good impression of said intruder, and feel comfortable with her starting this journey of sex/love/hate relationships....

We all know it's the best of times when you are falling in, and the worst of times falling out.

I wish you and her both luck in love! 🙂

I got a shovel and a tarp if you need it..... ;)

4Waters

Reaction score
My opinion :

You are, from all interactions on this board, a good person and a great father.

Don't over think it, your girl is smart and knows what is up. She knows anything that goes wrong you will be there instantly.

Ease up and don't add YOUR pressure to hers...she will thank you later on.

This is assuming of course that you get a good impression of said intruder, and feel comfortable with her starting this journey of sex/love/hate relationships....

We all know it's the best of times when you are falling in, and the worst of times falling out.

I wish you and her both luck in love! 🙂

I got a shovel and a tarp if you need it..... ;)
WTF is this sex shit??

🤣🤣J/K I know what's inevitable, I'm not horribly nervous but even though I knew it was coming it was still a kick in the nuts when she told/asked me if she could go, she is a very smart and strong girl and she knows I have her back, and it appears so far that he is a decent kid.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I'd tell Rocco to get lost, and tell my daughter to go to her room!

lol... but seriously... I'd tell him I need to see proof of vaccination! and then if he actually presented it... I'd then proceed to tell him to get lost lol

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
My first high school girlfriend's dad tried the gun thing, he was surprised when I stripped his 1911 and helped him clean. We were almost late to the movie because I was playing with guns. We were also almost late to her curfew due to....other things.

Open and honest communication is very important, full lockdown creates rebellions. Fine line to walk.

attitude

Reaction score
I'd tell Rocco to get lost, and tell my daughter to go to her room!

lol... but seriously... I'd tell him I need to see proof of vaccination! and then if he actually presented it... I'd then proceed to tell him to get lost lol
I was thinking more of getting his opinion on the Speed UTV and how much an f150 can tow.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
4Waters,

I have been down this road already. Let me tell you a sentence that’s somebody told me years ago.

”There is no better way to get to know your daughters friends and boyfriends…… then to take them boating!”

I swear that should be a bible verse.

You really get to know her friends after a day of wakeboarding, tubing, cruising. Some of the young gentlemen you are really going to admire too. In turn they will like you too!!!

Boy, do I miss my daughters high school boyfriend, Tom. He was like a son to me.

I also caught him red handed banging my daughter a year into their relationship. It was awkward to say the least! Its actually a funny story. At one point I had my arm around him saying “ Just Breath Tom” He looked like he had just finished a triathlon…… he was so sweaty! I never came home early again.

Just remember, one day your daughters sex life will be none of your business. I can honestly say, my daughters sex life has not crossed my mind for 13 years. It liberating! Lol

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Everything is gonna be ok. I always thought I was gonna be a hard ass Dad to any guy that my Daughters brought home. But when they bring a good one home you find out it's not needed. The guy that my youngest (24) is dating is crazy about her, puts her on a pedestal and treats her so well, I feel lucky that she is with him. If fact, they are currently looking for their first place together. It's crazy how fast it goes. Now my oldest is another story, lol. But circling back to the hard ass approach, my ex's Dad sat me down when I asked him if I could Marry his Daughter and told me that if I ever hurt his daughter I would have to deal with him. While I understood his approach I never took it serious because I always knew I would be better to his Daughter than he or anyone else ever was.. And I was..

Riverryder

Reaction score
Boy, do I miss my daughters high school boyfriend, Tom. He was like a son to me.

I also caught him red handed banging my daughter a year into their relationship. It was awkward to say the least! Its actually a funny story. At one point I had my arm around him saying “ Just Breath Tom” He looked like he had just finished a triathlon…… he was so sweaty! I never came home early again.
thank you for this! this made this shit day at work so much better hahahha

HBCraig

Reaction score
Definitely not showing any guns, I will shake his hand and he will feel the clamping power of a man that works with his hands (guys at work call me Popeye) I will be respectful but few words outside of questions.
Make sure your daughter knows that he needs to look you into your eye, shake your hand for real, and say nice to meet you. If any if those are missing you aren't going. My daughter brought a guy home (a friend), he walked in lifted his head and said "wassup"
He left and I told there is no fucking way he is asking you out.

The first real date the boy came in and did all 3 aforementioned things and was a nice kid. They still hang out but nothing serious

All I can say is this little shit better impress you. ;)

HBCraig

Reaction score
WTF is this sex shit??

🤣🤣J/K I know what's inevitable, I'm not horribly nervous but even though I knew it was coming it was still a kick in the nuts when she told/asked me if she could go, she is a very smart and strong girl and she knows I have her back, and it appears so far that he is a decent kid.
Nope, no fucking way. Mine will stay a virgin til the day I die.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I've tried to prepare myself for this, and it didn't work out very well..... I definitely was not ready for this.

My little girl was asked out today 🤨, his name is Rocco. Apparently he is a football player and lacrosse player.

I'm gonna need a bigger boat for shark fishing.
One of My daughters first real highschool "Bo's" was a super nice Mormon boy , quite impressed with my first meeting with him prior to their first date , Later I found out he also snuck in her bedroom window in the middle of the night ... Second was a young Coast guardsman I can still remember him taking a look at my Gun cabinent and saying "remind me to never make you mad sir "

Joker

Reaction score
So sorry, 😬. Remember it like it was yesterday for our daughter.

Find my phone is your friend.
Trust but verify.
The more you talk crap the more they like the guy. 😉
There’s nothing more true than number 3 on your list. He will try to make the girl choose between him and you.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
My ex girlfriend had 2 girls and a boy . . . when we broke up the girls were in 8th grade and a freshman in HS.
When the boy thing ever came up, I"d think to myself . "I feel sorry for any poor kid dumb enough to ask out one of these little nightmares". 🤣

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
The more you say the more they figure your game is my rule. Fortunately my resting facial expression has a fuck you look to most people. Guys used to come over to pick up my daughter and they were always a hand shake and appropriate greeting. Then I’d ask something like when will you be home. Ambiguous answer like “ probably not later that 12, 12:30” Without turning my head I’d just look at the boy and not say anything. Awkward pause followed by “We’ll be back by 12”. Still no response from me. Next day feedback from Abby usually went like. “ Why do you have to be like that? He kept asking what’s up with your dad?” My wife would just bust up laughing and say that’s his job.
A Kid would come around and all I’d say was” that kids an asshole”. 2 weeks later she’d want to know how I know these things. “ It’s my job.”
It’ll be fine…

nowski

Reaction score
Is that Spanish for "its now legal for you to bone my daughter?"

It's the beginning of all the of all the free stuff the government will shower you with once the baby is born. It's better known as the gift that keeps on giving (the ultimate baby shower) generation after generation...

Wedgy

Reaction score
I have two girls and have been looking at this thread for two days, and I can't help you.🤣
2 boys, no daughters, so no expert. But I can offer some personal observations from close friends about the state of youth, in Cali circa 30 years ago. When I met a friend's daughter's new BF. I respectfully told her mother, in no uncertain terms, birth control. Yesterday. "Don't you remenber HS?" "Oh, they aren't doing anything..." Grandkid number 1 was born not long after. Mom's Hubby had told me stories of the Jr. HS kids caught, "doing it," plus inadvertently picking up the phone, and hearing the girls talk about the hot and heavy stuff going on in their social circles. keep in mind, this was in Jr. HS 30 years ago. SoCal.

A co-worker was caring for his SIL, and her 2 kids, they had moved in with his Fam. He would overhear conversations from these 2 HS girls that would curl your hair. Oral sex, BJ's, have become the new, "First Base." Come senior prom night, he was livid. Kid's Mom had made a hotel reservation so the Kid's would be, "Safe."

Your experiences may vary, and I surely hope they do. Godspeed. But, just like on Jurrassic Park. "Life will find a way..."

4Waters

Reaction score
Update:

They dated for about a month and it ended today, he was very smothering and his friends always called her 'insert name" girlfriend instead of calling her by her name and he wouldn't correct it and it made her feel like she lost her independence as a result.

He was a polite kid and worked hard for his goals but just made young mistakes, my daughter thought she was ready for a relationship and realized she wasn't ready. I know my daughter learned from this and I hope he did too, he is a good kid comes from a strong family and has a bright future ahead.

That said, due to him being the first guy to ask my daughter out I didn't really like him, LOL, if he was the 4th or 5th I might have thought differently.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Ya did fine Dad. And so did your daughter. Sounds like she respects you and herself, and that is a huge plus.
I only had boys. As they grew to be teenagers they complained regularly that they "couldn't get away with ANYTHING in this town because you
a) Are a cop, and know all the cops.
b) Seem to know everyone else in town, too, and all the party spots, and it JUST ISN'T FAIR.

My response was. "You are damned right, and don't forget it."

Now I have a granddaughter, the first of two, coming up, that is gonna be a freshman next year. Her Dad is at wits end, but he is doing OK.
He has full physical custody of her.
I tell her point blank, "there is nothing you can't come to me with that will change how much I love you, so don't mess up because you don't understand. I will back you up. You can call me day or night, I will be there. But, remember this, Poppa was a cop. Poppa has heard all the lies, and won't tolerate liars.
Also, any boy who treats you poorly isn't worth your attention. Any boy who hurts you WILL get my attention, and you can tell every little turd who comes around I said that"

She looks up at me and sighs. "I know Poppa, I love you. And just so you know all the teachers still remember my Dad and my uncle, and they still talk about some of the cases you worked at the high school. I probably won't get asked out until I am 20".

She is gonna be a stunner, and I fear that won't be the case. Her father and I would be fine with that tho.

The next one, who is now 7...God help the world when she rolls out. I nicknamed her "hell on wheels" when she was 5.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
One of the things about growing up is how to handle relationships. Getting into one, and getting out. Dealing with not being able to talk to someone else every night and being single again. Maybe try having a father daughter night out to help with some loneliness she might be feeling.

“Cmon I want ice cream” will probably help some.

4Waters

Reaction score
One of the things about growing up is how to handle relationships. Getting into one, and getting out. Dealing with not being able to talk to someone else every night and being single again. Maybe try having a father daughter night out to help with some loneliness she might be feeling.

“Cmon I want ice cream” will probably help some.
We do daddy daughter date nights every month anyway but he was so smothering that she is enjoying the freedom. LOL

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Ol' Rocco either thinks his life is ruined and he can't live without her or is already scanning his insta for other candidates :)

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
2 boys, no daughters, so no expert. But I can offer some personal observations from close friends about the state of youth, in Cali circa 30 years ago. When I met a friend's daughter's new BF. I respectfully told her mother, in no uncertain terms, birth control. Yesterday. "Don't you remenber HS?" "Oh, they aren't doing anything..." Grandkid number 1 was born not long after. Mom's Hubby had told me stories of the Jr. HS kids caught, "doing it," plus inadvertently picking up the phone, and hearing the girls talk about the hot and heavy stuff going on in their social circles. keep in mind, this was in Jr. HS 30 years ago. SoCal.

A co-worker was caring for his SIL, and her 2 kids, they had moved in with his Fam. He would overhear conversations from these 2 HS girls that would curl your hair. Oral sex, BJ's, have become the new, "First Base." Come senior prom night, he was livid. Kid's Mom had made a hotel reservation so the Kid's would be, "Safe."

Your experiences may vary, and I surely hope they do. Godspeed. But, just like on Jurrassic Park. "Life will find a way..."

True story. Years ago now at school I had a coworker discover a 17 yr old boy and an 18 yr old girl going at it when she unlocked the door to a bathroom meant for staff only. Her scream of surprise brought me out of my room instantly.
Seems these two waited for a teacher to come out of the single toilet bathroom, and then ducked in before the door closed.

Nature will find a way.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
This was the thread I didn't know I needed. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. I also had to think about the future.

Sounds like you're doing a fine job. I hope to do the same.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Update:

young mistakes, my daughter thought she was ready for a relationship and realized she wasn't ready. I know my daughter learned from this and I hope he did too
This is the goal, learning about how a relationship works and what works and doesn’t for her. There is so much more that goes into it, but it’s a start.
Was she able to communicate to him how his actions made her feel? I know it was just the first dating experience, but if she can learn about the communication in a relationship, that would be huge.

4Waters

Reaction score
This is the goal, learning about how a relationship works and what works and doesn’t for her. There is so much more that goes into it, but it’s a start.
Was she able to communicate to him how his actions made her feel? I know it was just the first dating experience, but if she can learn about the communication in a relationship, that would be huge.
She didn't go in depth I guess but if he asks she will gladly tell him.