I lent someone my dewalt electric impact

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Like this?

1664326796993.png

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I for the life of me can’t remember who now.. I’d appreciate it if it’s returned

Thx..

(I will remember who it was sooner or later.. )
Dumbass. I only lend mine to people if they are in my yard. So I can make sure I get it back before they leave

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
. . . probably the 'only' slightly good part of being a 'Tile Guy' . . . very few on this planet are stupid enough to ask to borrow tools of the most 'God Forsaken' trade on the planet.
I'd have to do a 'reverse-rent' where I'd 'pay' people to use my shit.
I've said this before . . . but it's worth repeating.
If I ever win the lottery . . . I'm posting an ad on Craigslist where I 'PAY' some poor soul to come take all of my tools . . . and pay them money on top of that.

DLC

Reaction score
Did you look at the sign up sheet?

I hope the monthly dues doesn’t increase …

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I did the same with my engine stand. I have no idea who I loaned it to??
You only have one? I think I'm up to six...three loaded, three spares...and it seems like they multiply:oops:
I think I give one away every year.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I loaned a cam holder for a honda 450 out once and it didn't come back thank goodness it was $20 but it sure is handy when needed.

My father in law is always asking if theres tools i want to borrow though as they come back cleaned up and any consumables if needed are over stocked. I tell him thats how i pay for the tool rental.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I loaned somebody something. As soon as I go to use it, and can’t find it, I’ll remember what it is. 🤷🏼‍♂️

ltbaney1

Reaction score
You only have one? I think I'm up to six...three loaded, three spares...and it seems like they multiply:oops:
I think I give one away every year.
hahahah somehow i have 3 cherry pickers and the chainfall mounted in the shop. engine stands the same way. what i want now but cant push my self to pull the trigger is the low style stands that bolt the mounting points for storage. for some reason i think it would be easier to store the engines i currently have on regular stands.

Capture.PNG

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
. . . probably the 'only' slightly good part of being a 'Tile Guy' . . . very few on this planet are stupid enough to ask to borrow tools of the most 'God Forsaken' trade on the planet.
I'd have to do a 'reverse-rent' where I'd 'pay' people to use my shit.
I've said this before . . . but it's worth repeating.
If I ever win the lottery . . . I'm posting an ad on Craigslist where I 'PAY' some poor soul to come take all of my tools . . . and pay them money on top of that.
Once every year or two I run GRC and I have a tripod vice for threading …. But I don’t have a good place for storing the tripod… anytime someone wants to use it, I just consider it free storage.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
hahahah somehow i have 3 cherry pickers and the chainfall mounted in the shop. engine stands the same way. what i want now but cant push my self to pull the trigger is the low style stands that bolt the mounting points for storage. for some reason i think it would be easier to store the engines i currently have on regular stands.

View attachment 1158785
I made a couple "skids", and sit them on furniture dollies...I didn't count them 😂

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
My neighbor is constantly borrowing my round point shovel, trencher shovel, and manual lawn aerator. What homeowner doesn’t have a damn round point shovel? We’re talking maybe a combined $70 for these and he just dropped $30k+ on a spa and other home improvements. Weird.

When I need a tool, I just go buy it!! What man doesn’t like an excuse to buy tools?!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm 5 miles from my mailbox, and a fair piece from "town". Most people have their own little stuff. For the most part, I get asked for help more than tools, but we bring our own to work with folks.
It's an advantage to living out a ways, it costs the same in gas to come to my place now as it does to buy the tool 😂

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

View attachment 1158785

I have a set for Windsors. and trust me, your thought is correct. They also make it easier for dressing an engine once the oil pan is on (if you dont mind working from a stool)

SoCalDave

Reaction score
When I was hands on and worked out of my roll-away I had this big sticker on it that said "This is not a community box".

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have a set for Windsors. and trust me, your thought is correct. They also make it easier for dressing an engine once the oil pan is on (if you dont mind working from a stool)
Harbor Freight sells a hydraulic cart. I've had the same one for 20 years. I use it as an adjustable welding table, and for motors
2021-04-29 15.11.23.jpg

I removed the vertical push cart handle, and I think the deck goes from 10 to 32". It's started to bleed down now over a couple days, but still works. I've done small blocks, Ls motors and obviously flatheads on it, and it's narrow enough to go between the legs on most cherry pickers.