WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I look at this everyday

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
Ahhh, what's the worst that can happen if you buy it Dave?

4Waters

Reaction score
Just zig and zag in that order, and buy it. If you zag and zig you'll get hit.🤣

Hypnautic

Reaction score
You know Dave—you get to a point in life and in marriage, that you just don’t ask anymore.

My last two cars I bought. One just showed up on a flat bed and the other I just drove home. After I made the deal—I went downstairs and said “ look at the car I just bought”

Come think of it—didn’t ask the wife when I bought my daughters car either.

You work hard—. You want it—get it.

Money does not bring happiness—what you do with it does!!

Singleton

Reaction score
You know Dave—you get to a point in life and in marriage, that you just don’t ask anymore.

My last two cars I bought. One just showed up on a flat bed and the other I just drove home. After I made the deal—I went downstairs and said “ look at the car I just bought”

Come think of it—didn’t ask the wife when I bought my daughters car either.

You work hard—. You want it—get it.

Money does not bring happiness—what you do with it does!!

My wife would hurt me if I purchased a car without discussing it.
She has never said no when I asked to buy something over our agreed spend limit.

ridebig

Reaction score
Damn! So nice and fair price! If I had the room I’d buy it.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Seems like the motor alone would be worth the dough to somebody restoring a 60's COPO camaro, if the date codes and stuff were right.....

It would make sick garage art for sure!

This is accurate.

baja-chris

Reaction score
I once bought a Porsche 911 Turbo S without telling my wife. Kept it in a classic car storage near the airport in another state where I flew into often for work.
Put it on a separate insurance policy, thought I had all my bases covered. Life was good. Until a few months later when my wife opened a letter from XM Sirius congratulating me on the purchase of the P-car and would I like to add the service to my account. Opps.

Buy the Campbell, you only live once (even if it is cut short by your wife!)

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Bought a boat once without consulting my ex....in all fairness..she didn't answer her phone nor texts. She was mad for all of 20 min lol.

I buy all kinds of shit without telling Brianna..especially to resell. She doesn't particularly care as long as it doesn't interfere with bills getting paid.

If it was a jet..I'd roll the dice on her yelling at me..she wants a wood inlay jet boat in the worst of ways.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Seems like the motor alone would be worth the dough to somebody restoring a 60's COPO camaro, if the date codes and stuff were right.....

Garage art is about all I’d use it for..

Not real conducive to my present ankle situation.

Like I said I just look at it everyday. I don’t really have anywhere to keep it.. I wouldn’t use it.

For 20k someone on here should buy it. Hopefully in Havasu so I can go look at it every now and again. Lol

2Driver

Reaction score
I would be deaf from all the yelling.. lol

Geez $20k. Seems like a safe investment even if you get it out of your system and flip next year. LOL Its probably good most of us have limited garage space.
E8FBE496-4D8A-4553-AA86-69D9087DD359.jpeg

Last edited:

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Cool boat. If I had money and owned a boating website and could write if off I'd own that.

rrrr

Reaction score

I'm skeptical about that "COPO" claim. COPO was a way to order a car, not an engine. There wouldn't be any documentation other than a sales order for an engine, and if the guy is claiming it was previously installed in a car, there's no way to verify that.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Tell your wife it's for your new rental business

clarence

Reaction score
If it'll really retain it's value, think of it as just another form of savings, not as a toy.

Dana757

Reaction score
I attended the show those pics were take at. I throughly checked that boat out that weekend. It really is a stunning example of a wood decker. No way would I buy a boat I couldn’t drive though. Dave would be better off with a nice Snap On box in his garage.

Last edited:

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I'm skeptical about that "COPO" claim. COPO was a way to order a car, not an engine. There wouldn't be any documentation other than a sales order for an engine, and if the guy is claiming it was previously installed in a car, there's no way to verify that.
Exactly, COPO stood for Central Office Production Order and was a way of ordering vehicles with specialized equipment. It wasn't a particular special option, it just means that someone checked some particular option boxes for their car or truck.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I attended the show those pics were take at. I throughly checked that boat out that weekend. It really is a stunning example of a wood decker. Patterson is not a boat you see often. No way would I buy a boat I couldn’t drive though. Dave would be better off with a nice Snap On box in his garage.

this is a 65 Campbell. Has a similar paint scheme to Super Cinders though

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I saw it at pirates too, cool ride. That show is next week.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
That is cool , I would put that in my living room for damn sure, open a beer and watch TV from the drivers seat.

oldschool

Reaction score
That is bad ass. You definitely should buy it.

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
I once bought a 24' wood deck Campbell "MISSY" from Judy Whalen at Campbell boats after Bob passed away.
Didn't tell my wife, figured Pleading for forgivness was better than asking for permission and being denied!
Didn't work out too well! Every time she was in the boat she told me how much she hated it and everything was wrong with it.
I finally sold it because I was tired of listening to her.

4Waters

Reaction score
I once bought a 24' wood deck Campbell "MISSY" from Judy Whalen at Campbell boats after Bob passed away.
Didn't tell my wife, figured Pleading for forgivness was better than asking for permission and being denied!
Didn't work out too well! Every time she was in the boat she told me how much she hated it and everything was wrong with it.
I finally sold it because I was tired of listening to her.
Sold the boat or her🤣

dribble

Reaction score
Who wears the pants? Do what I would do. Tell her you’re buying the boat and if she needs to get a second job to pay for it you’ll help a little around the house.