WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I lost a swim step in Parker Saturday

Cdog

Reaction score
If you happen to find it please LMK. The damn bracket broke off. Might be a good time to upgrade anyway. Water was choppy as hell but the Howard is an old war horse and plowed right through it all. Had a lot of fun. Cheers!!

F21438D9-C33F-4DD8-9D53-8EF49EC78263.jpeg
A89AF9CC-E689-401F-A02A-57A55A58EF56.jpeg
393B876F-9430-4FFD-A591-7A081D920E45.jpeg
37E07CAD-DD3D-4549-92C4-42C08F41178F.jpeg

96motorhead

Reaction score
Wow, I am glad I am in the process of fabricating new swim step mounts for my boat as we speak because one of mine was slightly bent. They are the same style as yours.

Cdog

Reaction score
Wow, I am glad I am in the process of fabricating new swim step mounts for my boat as we speak because one of mine was slightly bent. They are the same style as yours.

This broke right at the mounting hole in the aluminum bracket. The odds of finding it are slim to none. Does fiberglass float? Probably have to go with a set of billet steps from Marine Industries or Eddie Marine.

96motorhead

Reaction score
This broke right at the mounting hole in the aluminum bracket. The odds of finding it are slim to none. Does fiberglass float? Probably have to go with a set of billet steps from Marine Industries or Eddie Marine.
I hope you find it.

old rigger

Reaction score

I'm almost 100% sure Orange County Marine has a set of those molds, they could make you one to match if you wanted to go that route.

What year is your Howard?

Cdog

Reaction score
I'm almost 100% sure Orange County Marine has a set of those molds, they could make you one to match if you wanted to go that route.

1990. Thx I'll look into it. Cheers!

Cdog

Reaction score
Going out tomorrow for a week. I will keep an eye out for it. Especially on low water Thursday!

I launched at Echo, drove down to Sundance then back up to Echo and it was gone. Lol!

2Driver

Reaction score
Friend lost one similar in front of RR. It slowly sank and we spent an hour looking for it as the water was super clear. We never found it.

If I had to guess its on the bottom. I assume if it was taken you would have noticed it before you launched.
It looks good with just one step, we will all know its you ;)

cofooter

Reaction score
I launched at Echo, drove down to Sundance then back up to Echo and it was gone. Lol!
Easy, just look between Echo and SUndance, lol, maybe you got lucky and it fell off and flipped on its top, I'm downriver, will keep an eye out.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score

I will take my standup and cruise the area on low water Thursday early in the morning. Shallow and clear water, if its on the bottom I might find it!

9 years ago a buddy at Echo lost the prop off of his Nautique by the Keys. We did a grid pattern..... And....

prop.jpg

Last edited:

240Hallett

Reaction score
Whatever you end up doing, get some decent brackets made. You would not have lost that step if they had actually welded the gusset bars instead of a shitty little tack or two on the hidden side.

Cdog

Reaction score
I will take my standup and cruise the area on low water Thursday early in the morning. Shallow and clear water, if its on the bottom I might find it!

9 years ago a buddy at Echo lost the prop off of his Nautique by the Keys. We did a grid pattern..... And....

View attachment 870987

Thx bud! My friends are staying at space 97 at echo this weekend. I might come back this weekend. Just depends on how the week goes. Cheers!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I swear I don’t even know how shit like this happens.. not being negative to the boat owner. I’m just saying I am so worried about potential dock rash and dulling I can’t fathom losing pieces off the boat?

farmo83

Reaction score
Does Howard fab pieces them selves(or did I guess, past tense) or are they just bought from someone?

I agree with RD I freak out so much about my boat I can't imagine if part of it just fell off.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Thx bud! My friends are staying at space 97 at echo this weekend. I might come back this weekend. Just depends on how the week goes. Cheers!

OK, I will do my best to try and find it. There are only a few deep spots in the area you think you lost it. Most is pretty swallow.

old rigger

Reaction score
Does Howard fab pieces them selves(or did I guess, past tense) or are they just bought from someone?

We bought them from a supplier back then. Few builders make their own hardware.

We did make all our mounts at Howard though, most stuff under the hatch on the v-drives. That was a lot of fun, but the anodized parts, bezels, swim step brackets, all came from suppliers.

Last edited:

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I'm almost 100% sure that I can find it ...for a fee of course. That is if you wanted to go that route.

You can borrow my aqua foil if you need it. I'll even rent you a mask and snorkel.🤔
20200428_071227.jpg

Cdog

Reaction score
If is helps... I have 4 of these on a shelf that I wont be using. They might be a match.

Thx if I can find the step then I might be able to use them. If not then I’ll have to update to the current billet style. I’ll be in touch. Cheers!

Cdog

Reaction score
I swear I don’t even know how shit like this happens.. not being negative to the boat owner. I’m just saying I am so worried about potential dock rash and dulling I can’t fathom losing pieces off the boat?

This isn’t a 65k Schiada. The way it cleanly broke off at the mounting screws indicates stress cracks and a good smack to Finnish the job. Probably a slow speed right turn and a wake from a wake board boat. It was treacherous out there. Some lowest bidder made the fuckin thing. You can see where the gusset had a shitty tac weld on the bottom portion. The bracket was half assed executed if you ask me.

Last edited:

old rigger

Reaction score
Thx if I can find the step then I might be able to use them. If not then I’ll have to update to the current billet style. I’ll be in touch. Cheers!

Those should bolt right up, just check the angle first. Should be stamped on the back side.

707dog

Reaction score
sucks you lost it but good thing it didn't bust off with someone standing on it or climbing out of the water. cool howard a buddy of mine has one with the light/dark blue and salmon patterns

AFTERSHOCK RACING+

Reaction score
sucks you lost it but good thing it didn't bust off with someone standing on it or climbing out of the water. cool howard a buddy of mine has one with the light/dark blue and salmon patterns

I hope you find it buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FCT

Reaction score
I have a set of Eddie marine 14x28 steps that are stripped and ready for whatever color you want to coat them. @Cdog

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Hope you find it! If it makes you feel any better I took a good buddy and his sister boating and she completely obliterated one of those bracket's by exceeding the weight limit by a pound or 97. It completely pancaked and just exploded. Thank God she wasn't hurt and has since had the overly large people stomach surgery bless her heart lol. True fucking story and a awkward afternoon

Cdog

Reaction score
I have a set of Eddie marine 14x28 steps that are stripped and ready for whatever color you want to coat them. @Cdog

Thx bud I’ll do some measurements tomorrow and see if they will fit.

Reactions: FCT

FCT

Reaction score
Thx bud I’ll do some measurements tomorrow and see if they will fit.
They are pretty much brand new. All my hardware is polished with clear PC, but my exhaust melted that shit right off. I tried high temp chrome cerakote but the metal is to contaminated and it just bubbles. Normal PC colors will coat normal just not chrome or clear. So I just bought freshies again And had those ones stripped so they are ready to go.
E7A09DB8-5331-41EB-898D-97B915626DB9.jpeg

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Sad to report I could not locate the step this morning. Even with low water Thursday! Will still keep an eye out tho.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
They are pretty much brand new. All my hardware is polished with clear PC, but my exhaust melted that shit right off. I tried high temp chrome cerakote but the metal is to contaminated and it just bubbles. Normal PC colors will coat normal just not chrome or clear. So I just bought freshies again And had those ones stripped so they are ready to go. View attachment 871456

If they don’t fit for cdog, are these for sale?

FCT

Reaction score
If they don’t fit for cdog, are these for sale?

Yeah. They are still at half baked powder coating in el centro but I’ll have them in the next week or two when he finishes my new ones. Or he could PC them for you and ship them direct? Whatever works. $400 for the set. Half baked isn’t the cheapest guy around but they do top notch work. They have a Instagram if you want to check some of their work out.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
The fiberglass steps are stupid expensive. It’s cheaper to go with billet.

Reactions: DWC

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Your step was missing when you went by my dock in the Keys if that helps your time line or location.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
The fiberglass steps are stupid expensive. It’s cheaper to go with billet.

If you want to keep an oem look without the flashy billet I have a set from my warlock. They’ll clean up they’re just been sitting in the garage. I’d trade for a flashy billet set only becausemy boat won’t fit in the garage with them on. I need something that won’t eventually get loose etc by taking them on/off a bunch of times.

Attachments

• 781E614C-9F0C-48D1-AD83-7B9931153EC8.jpeg
    781E614C-9F0C-48D1-AD83-7B9931153EC8.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 43

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Ouch i literally pictured that as i read it.
To the op if the waters semi low and not to crowded, take a funoodle and slot it then a piece of 12x16 or 16x24 piece of plexiglass and then just let it float in front of the bot while you float the area. Makes for a picture window to the bottom of the river. Good for 12-15 foot of water.

Cdog

Reaction score
Sad to report I could not locate the step this morning. Even with low water Thursday! Will still keep an eye out tho.

Thx for your help. I owe you a couple of beers. Cheers!

Cdog

Reaction score
Your step was missing when you went by my dock in the Keys if that helps your time line or location.

Thx! I noticed it was gone when I returned from the run right after I launched Saturday morning.