WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I love my Job!! HEY LAM!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So through the course of RDP we often get asked to promote / market certain things.. The latest thing is a new development down in Troncones Mexico that is being built right now. Villas that you can purchase from 499 and up..

So I have really been looking forward to going down and checking out the project because I need some Mexico in my life and soon.. The developer just sent me an e-mail and said this was the house that he Secured for us. Sounds like Stacy, Tom, Carter and I are going to have to "rough it" while we are down there.. LOL.

Seriously this place is crazy nice! :). Really looking forward to going down and checking out the development, as well as spending a couple of days on the beach.

attitude

Reaction score
You should do your research on the new cartel in town that is harvesting body parts. I’m no expert on it but the HR lady at my work grew up in Mexico and won’t even go down there to visit her family right now. Apparently the reason they are so much more dangerous than the other cartels is because the tourist towns aren’t off limits to them and people have been going missing all over the place.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You should do your research on the new cartel in town that is harvesting body parts. I’m no expert on it but the HR lady at my work grew up in Mexico and won’t even go down there to visit her family right now. Apparently the reason they are so much more dangerous than the other cartels is because the tourist towns aren’t off limits to them and people have been going missing all over the place.

You see.. Yesterday I posted about people that always gotta say something negative.. LOL

In this particular thread, you are the one being negative. We are flying pretty far south, and then the locals take us to this place, and to the compound. We aren't winging this and dealing with driving and cartels..

RD

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Do you need a butler/personal assistant? If so I am in!!!!

attitude

Reaction score
You see.. Yesterday I posted about people that always gotta say something negative.. LOL

In this particular thread, you are the one being negative. We are flying pretty far south, and then the locals take us to this place, and to the compound. We aren't winging this and dealing with driving and cartels..

RD
I don’t think warning you is being negative, when someone who grew up in Mexico and now visits all the time tells me they won’t step foot in Mexico right now because of what’s happening I figured I would pass on that info to you. You can take that info and do your research to decided if you are comfortable going or not.

Personally I love Mexico and have been down there multiple times both on vacation and off-road racing but I won’t be going down there in the near future.

DMF

Reaction score

RD
I see how this could be a negative comment. Normally, I would agree that there is a lot of bullshit negativity around here. However, Mexico is a very risky place to visit these days! Just saying...

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Im thinking they will take a pass on Dave's liver.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
So through the course of RDP we often get asked to promote / market certain things.. The latest thing is a new development down in Troncones Mexico that is being built right now. Villas that you can purchase from 499 and up..

So I have really been looking forward to going down and checking out the project because I need some Mexico in my life and soon.. The developer just sent me an e-mail and said this was the house that he Secured for us. Sounds like Stacy, Tom, Carter and I are going to have to "rough it" while we are down there.. LOL.

Seriously this place is crazy nice! :). Really looking forward to going down and checking out the development, as well as spending a couple of days on the beach.

Have a great time! Send a post card C/O bored in Kingman. (Being positive). :D

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
So where do you fly into? Do you have to fly into Acapulco or Ixtapa? I just drove to Rocky Point and I am heading to San Carlos soon... I have logged at least 300 trips south of the border over the last 25 years and still have all my body parts... Unfortunately, my only person experience with being robbed at gun point was in Chander Arizona...

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
So where do you fly into? Do you have to fly into Acapulco or Ixtapa? I just drove to Rocky Point and I am heading to San Carlos soon... I have logged at least 300 trips south of the border over the last 25 years and still have all my body parts... Unfortunately, my only person experience with being robbed at gun point was in Chander Arizona...

You're just not trying hard enough then.:D

San Carlos is a great place and we used to drive down at least 2-3 times a year to dive. I haven't been there for a year or so but that has nothing to do with fear of Mexico.
We're headed to Cabo next month.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
That’s weird. When I was younger and lived in Chandler, I got robbed at gunpoint in Mexico by Federalies. No more Mehico for me... not just because of that incident though.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
That’s weird. When I was younger and lived in Chandler, I got robbed at gunpoint in Mexico by Federalies. No more Mehico for me... not just because of that incident though.

Never had any guns pointed at me anywhere in the world that constitutes the 15 countries I have visited... Just Chandler Fashion Mall and I still go there quite often.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Never had any guns pointed at me anywhere in the world that constitutes the 15 countries I have visited... Just Chandler Fashion Mall and I still go there quite often.
Have you ever sped down Revolution BLVD going the wrong way?
Lived out in the country? Pulled over to help a "Nice Guy" at 3 a.m.?
People poke guns in faces like taco-bell used to ask if you wanted hot sauce and napkins.
Never say Never. 😬

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I had a guy in Mesa stick a banana in my lower back and try to rob me. Whew. Glad it wasn’t HIS banana. Does that count for anything?

Either way, looks like Dave gets a great opportunity to have some time away from the grind of living in Havasu. Looks like a cool spot to chill on the beach and drink tons of piss tasting mexican beer. Add enough lime and it will be delicious.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Tourist areas are generally safe because the cartels own them.

But sometimes they want to “send a message”...

I like Mexico. Wife and I will likely buy something in Playa del Carmen and Airbnb it out when we aren’t there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Did he say "dame tu billetera" as he pointed it at you?

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Have you ever sped down Revolution BLVD going the wrong way?
Lived out in the country? Pulled over to help a "Nice Guy" at 3 a.m.?
People poke guns in faces like taco-bell used to ask if you wanted hot sauce and napkins.
Never say Never. 😬

I can't say I have sped down Rev Blvd the wrong way... and I hope at my age to never see anything outside of my house or hotel at 3 am, because I goto bed at 9 pm even on vacation most nights. BUT I do have the Philippines and/or Vietnam on my bucket list, so I still have a chance or getting another gun pointed at me!

Singleton

Reaction score
When did land ownership in Mexico change. Used to be you had to be Mexican to purchase or you were at risk of losing property. Big reason I avoided purchasing a place in Rocky Point a few spots down from JJ Catina in the late 90’s

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
You can be negative and positive . . .

1603407377715.png

1603407410459.png

grumpy88

Reaction score
Just dont be a dick tourist and ware shorts and sandals and you will be fine !

riverroyal

Reaction score
I love mexico. Had amazing memories there. My memory bank is full at this point. Enjoy! Looks awesome. Just keep your spider senses going, youll be fine. But in the event they dont go fine please ensure us Grads cant log back in?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
As far as I know, you still cannot purchase property in mexico unless you are a citizen. Gringo's can lease for 99 years at a time.

My family has sold all their "century" timeshare equities and all the weeks they owned last year, because of the cartels and blatant shakedowns.

They had been going for 8 weeks a year for 30 years. This is Cabo San Lucas...not some rinki dink "all inclusive" .

I wish you well RD, hope that it's a great as it looks!

I used to love going to mexico, the last few trips when federalies robbed us at gun point in broad daylight, I knew I was never coming back.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I think the safest way to where you're going is if you jumped out of the commercial airliner over your destination and parachuted into the compound. Avoiding having to go through a Mexican airport, dealing with "locals" and having to be traveling on a road to anywhere.

I thought Dave was a White Claw guy?

just_floatin

Reaction score
I have a friend that has a place in San Carlos Mexico. He keeps his fishing boat docked there and his home oversees the ocean. He paid right around 500k about a year ago. He and his girlfriend love it and have no problems with the cartel types. He said don’t mess with their women or act like an ass at the bar, and they leave you alone.

Anyway have fun and charter a fishing boat while you are there. Most likely your catch will feed the family for the duration of your trip.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
You must realize, RD will immediately just blend in down there . . . . . . right? Right? Right ???

Last edited:

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
As far as I know, you still cannot purchase property in mexico unless you are a citizen. Gringo's can lease for 99 years at a time.

My family has sold all their "century" timeshare equities and all the weeks they owned last year, because of the cartels and blatant shakedowns.

They had been going for 8 weeks a year for 30 years. This is Cabo San Lucas...not some rinki dink "all inclusive" .

I used to love going to mexico, the last few trips when federalies robbed us at gun point in broad daylight, I knew I was never coming back.

So folks are clear there’s some wrong here.

You can purchase property, but not own the land (if coastal).

Land-Leases can be 1day short of 10 years.

99 year leases are for government.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score

What part of Mexico is she from?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

There has been ways around that since I was a kid. The property is out in a trust and held buy a bank. The trust owns the property the American owns the trust

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
There has been ways around that since I was a kid. The property is out in a trust and held buy a bank. The trust owns the property the American owns the trust

Yep, I’m sure that trust gives the cartels and federales pause before they rob and dismember you :)