WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I LOVE these videos!

Tank

Reaction score
Same- my wife will walk in, look at me and leave LOL.

LOL....Funny thing is, we've run out of there a shit load of times and have never seen it like this. But we've definitely heard it gets like this at times. Something about the tide going out mixed with a little wind and swell causes the waves to stack right up at the entrance. My thing is though if it's like this go out Govt. cut or South Biscayne.

Here we are running my old Cig out of Haulover. :D

RichL

Reaction score
Not getting sucked in.....

.....this time

:rolleyes::D

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
LOL....Funny thing is, we've run out of there a shit load of times and have never seen it like this. But we've definitely heard it gets like this at times. Something about the tide going out mixed with a little wind and swell causes the waves to stack right up at the entrance. My thing is though if it's like this go out Govt. cut or South Biscayne.

Here we are running my old Cig out of Haulover. :D
Remember the first time we came in with the 35' cig and not knowing better i came off of plane coming in. Don't think i have ever been that wet in a boat,

Tank

Reaction score
Remember the first time we came in with the 35' cig and not knowing better i came off of plane coming in. Don't think i have ever been that wet in a boat,

LOL. yeah, that inlet gets stupid weird rough.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You planning on running your cig around the country next year?

what have you don’t to be able to get on and off the back of that god damn thing so you don’t end up like me?

Tank

Reaction score
You planning on running your cig around the country next year?

what have you don’t to be able to get on and off the back of that god damn thing so you don’t end up like me?
LOL. No, I'm no baller like Dan (H2O Toie)! :D But we plan on using it a few times in Havasu, up and down So. Cal and hit Nacimiento a few times. Once AJ finishes it that is!! It's sitting out in the rain in front of his shop today! LOL Most likely wont be on the water again until Dessert Storm.

I'm pretty good navigation from boat to boat and in and out of those Cigs. Fuckin' grew up on them after all. ;)
That was just a very (very very very) unfortunate fluke with you. Perfect storm shit.

Speaking of which, we going in June to try it again? I still have my airline tickets and that place you rented last year saved on my phone. Get back on that horse hombre!! Maybe @H20 Toie Dan will have another Cig by then and will roll with us.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I'm the baller? i don't even have a boat :)

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I watch these too.

What is the deal with that inlet? Is there a bar there?

mobldj

Reaction score
f the ocean.she will kill you.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
So trim up, down or neutral and let the hull and buoyancy do it's job?

Tank

Reaction score
I watch these too.

It's a narrow inlet to the intercoastal (Biscayne Bay) and the only one in the area (north side of the bay) so as the tide rises and lowers, water rushes in and out of the narrow gap. Add a little swell and it's game on. Good thing is it has to be the right conditions (swell / wind) which is somewhat rare. All the times we've been out of there it's been zero issues. And you can actually head south about 5 miles and come in Government Cut where the cruise ships and container ships come in and then run up the bay to Haulover or wherever you need to go. So in reality no one HAS to deal with it.

So trim up, down or neutral and let the hull and buoyancy do it's job?

Depends if you're coming in our going out. Going out against the swell is actually safer than coming in. Coming in you can capsize as the stern of the boat gets pushed around and into the next swell. So trim up a bit and work the throttles is the key. Going out, trim down to keep the bow flat and gas on jack-son!:D

f the ocean.she will kill you.
Ocean is great boating and a different world. You just need to plan a bit more than looking outside, seeing it's sunny and heading to the ramp. LOL. Easy enough now-days to check the swell, timing of the swell, wind and weather via phone apps. Little 10 minute research the day before you roll out to the ocean and the morning of and you're golden.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Funny when I was at looking Reservations for FLIBS I looked how far my hotel was from that inlet. I was gonna do a side trip to see it in person.

Next year. I might even miss my return flight after the boat show and hit the key west races next year. We’ll see

Tank

Reaction score
Funny when I was at looking Reservations for FLIBS I looked how far my hotel was from that inlet. I was gonna do a side trip to see it in person.

Next year. I might even miss my return flight after the boat show and hit the key west races next year. We’ll see

Key West....DO IT! You wont regret it.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I thought it was great watching the express cruisers with chicks laying out on the bow and nobody giving a rats ass... instant safety check in Thompson bay barely idling on totally flat water, just barely up on the rear swim deck. What a difference a couple thousand miles makes!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
LOL. No, I'm no baller like Dan (H2O Toie)! :D But we plan on using it a few times in Havasu, up and down So. Cal and hit Nacimiento a few times. Once AJ finishes it that is!! It's sitting out in the rain in front of his shop today! LOL Most likely wont be on the water again until Dessert Storm.

I'm pretty good navigation from boat to boat and in and out of those Cigs. Fuckin' grew up on them after all. ;)
That was just a very (very very very) unfortunate fluke with you. Perfect storm shit.

Speaking of which, we going in June to try it again? I still have my airline tickets and that place you rented last year saved on my phone. Get back on that horse hombre!! Maybe @H20 Toie Dan will have another Cig by then and will roll with us.
You need to bring it Tahoe!

Tank

Reaction score
You need to bring it Tahoe!

I think that actually may be a plan. Maybe this summer we can make it happen. You can finally buy me the beer you owe me!! ;):p:D

I actually need to hook up with Dave Tratell that has all the Apaches / owns TKO. He's been inviting me up there for years.

Can I VRBO one of those marina houses and keep the boat at a dock?

Last edited:

RichL

Reaction score
I thought it was great watching the express cruisers with chicks laying out on the bow and nobody giving a rats ass... instant safety check in Thompson bay barely idling on totally flat water, just barely up on the rear swim deck. What a difference a couple thousand miles makes!
That's something that bugs me as well.

HotRod82

Reaction score
I like how the big Hatteras just bulldozed through it like a Cat D9, like it DGAF....

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Yes. Look up Tahoe Keys.

leave yoreself extra time for the mussel inspection

I think that actually may be a plan. Maybe this summer we can make it happen. You can finally buy me the beer you owe me!! ;):p:D

I actually need to hook up with Dave Tratell that has all the Apaches / owns TKO. He's been inviting me up there for years.

Can I VRBO one of those marina houses and keep the boat at a dock?

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Yes. Look up Tahoe Keys.

leave yoreself extra time for the mussel inspection
Only found one place on the water with a dock in the keys in Aug. We'll see.

2Driver

Reaction score
I watch these too.

Slips at that marina must be cheap to put up with that bullshit. :D

God, the one guy in the 3rd video standing on the swim step of the yacht while the driver is backing up trying to catch the dingy.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I forgot to mention it gets extremely crowded there. You have to book way ahead.

Not sure how Grads does it

I have been trying to get an RV spot close by at zephyr cove for years but to no avail. Sold out

Only found one place on the water with a dock in the keys in Aug. We'll see.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Found another good one. Lost of performance boats. :D

RichL

Reaction score
Damn...I got sucked in again.
:D

Tank

Reaction score
Damn...I got sucked in again.
:D
LOL I know right? I was watching the video of River Lynch Mobs Schiada run from the other thread and then moved on to like 5 other videos including the one I posted above. It's like looking at that black and white hypnosis circle!! :D
giphy.gif

rivergames

Reaction score
I haven't had cable for years, only chromecast on my TV's. These shows are my top 5 on Youtube. I put them on when I'm tinkering with projects in the garage. Can't get enough of them!

Tank

Reaction score
Happen to run across this one just now.

Watch the big azz sport fisher at the 8:00 mark on it's way in come to a complete stop fighting the current. Current is MOVIN'!!

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
The world is made up of two kinds of people.
Surfers and non-surfers.
Catching a tasty wave means getting out to the line. :)