WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I love this..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
John west vs Leah.. how they met

Not just any deposit slip.

So, it's Thursday night. My friend Michelle asked if I wanted to go out, so we met up with some other friends at Carlos Murphy's and hung out a bit. Being it was Thursday night meant it was 91X night at Diego's in El cajon, so we headed there next.

After hanging there for a while, when Michelle got up to go to the restroom, a girl came and asked me to dance. I could see the dude she was with was a big guy, kind of thinking it was a set up to get my ass kicked, but she was cute, so we danced.

Throughout the night we danced a bunch more times, found out she was there as a wingman for her friend Tammy McGuire and that the guy she was with was just a buddy of the guy that Tammy was with. So it wasn't looking like I was going getting my ass kicked after all.

As it got later she said she had to go, that she had school the next day. I asked "SDSU?" She said no, then I'm like "UCSD, USD, Grossmont?" She blew off the question and asked if I had something to write her number on. I didn't, so she asked the girl I was with, Michelle. Michelle said she didn't and didn't have a pen either. So the girl says "you have to have something" and sees that Michelle has her check book in her purse. So she says "give me one of your deposit slips" and scratches her name and number using the carbon imprint and tears it out for me (you can see where she scratched it on there twice).

That was 30 years ago last night. I'm still with that pushy, obnoxious girl and love her just as much as ever. Leah Cook West changed my life forever that night.

Also- The next day when I called her, her friend answered the phone. She said that Leah had to put the baby down, as I hear a kid crying. I came real close to hanging up right then. It was just Cameron Anderson (her nephew she was watching).

One more thing- Leah was only 17 at the time, it was El Capitan High School that she had to be to the next day. She had used a fake I.D. to get in.

I've kept this deposit slip for 30 years. Her parents still have the same number. Leah says I hold on to stuff way too long. She calls them my "memories", because I don't like throwing things away that remind me of special times.

Of all of my "memories", this one is my favorite.
C7AB2F8C-A580-49A7-BE11-3DBFFB4262F2.jpeg

Super nice guy.. she called me billet boy (which I won’t forgive)

But I love them both.. history made

FYI John ran a Busch series truck at one point he was making that much. Ask him today? Happy to be out of the marine Industry! Lol

Been gone for a decade. I still consider them friends and my only regret is we don’t hang out more. Raised two bad ass kids too. His kid dj’d several events the old school forum guys went too!

Water Romper

Reaction score
That's a cool story with a happy ending. Good thing I don't dance, I never had to worry about getting my ass kicked at a night club/dance place 🤣

joecfd1

Reaction score
John west vs Leah.. how they met

Not just any deposit slip.

So, it's Thursday night. My friend Michelle asked if I wanted to go out, so we met up with some other friends at Carlos Murphy's and hung out a bit. Being it was Thursday night meant it was 91X night at Diego's in El cajon, so we headed there next.

After hanging there for a while, when Michelle got up to go to the restroom, a girl came and asked me to dance. I could see the dude she was with was a big guy, kind of thinking it was a set up to get my ass kicked, but she was cute, so we danced.

Throughout the night we danced a bunch more times, found out she was there as a wingman for her friend Tammy McGuire and that the guy she was with was just a buddy of the guy that Tammy was with. So it wasn't looking like I was going getting my ass kicked after all.

As it got later she said she had to go, that she had school the next day. I asked "SDSU?" She said no, then I'm like "UCSD, USD, Grossmont?" She blew off the question and asked if I had something to write her number on. I didn't, so she asked the girl I was with, Michelle. Michelle said she didn't and didn't have a pen either. So the girl says "you have to have something" and sees that Michelle has her check book in her purse. So she says "give me one of your deposit slips" and scratches her name and number using the carbon imprint and tears it out for me (you can see where she scratched it on there twice).

That was 30 years ago last night. I'm still with that pushy, obnoxious girl and love her just as much as ever. Leah Cook West changed my life forever that night.

Also- The next day when I called her, her friend answered the phone. She said that Leah had to put the baby down, as I hear a kid crying. I came real close to hanging up right then. It was just Cameron Anderson (her nephew she was watching).

One more thing- Leah was only 17 at the time, it was El Capitan High School that she had to be to the next day. She had used a fake I.D. to get in.

I've kept this deposit slip for 30 years. Her parents still have the same number. Leah says I hold on to stuff way too long. She calls them my "memories", because I don't like throwing things away that remind me of special times.

Of all of my "memories", this one is my favorite. View attachment 1058006

Super nice guy.. she called me billet boy (which I won’t forgive)

But I love them both.. history made

FYI John ran a Busch series truck at one point he was making that much. Ask him today? Happy to be out of the marine Industry! Lol

Been gone for a decade. I still consider them friends and my only regret is we don’t hang out more. Raised two bad ass kids too. His kid dj’d several events the old school forum guys went too!

John and Leah are great people! Our kids raced Trophy Karts together years ago.

Singleton

Reaction score
Great people.
Both sons have purchased their first homes in the last year.
JW supports the Temecula Off-Road club and is out on trails often (usually with Rebel).

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Shouldn’t have deleted the post OR.. awesome story!