WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I might burn down my house...insurance question.

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure most houses built on slabs using copper run through the attic.

In Arizona (Phoenix), most homes built on slab are plumbed underground. My home is 30 years old, and has in ground copper. There was a time when plumbers were re-piping in the attic with copper.

Now most re-piper's use "plastic tubing" of the current preferred vender, and everything is done through the attic and walls.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
In Arizona (Phoenix), most homes built on slab are plumbed underground. My home is 30 years old, and has in ground copper. There was a time when plumbers were re-piping in the attic with copper.

Now most re-piper's use "plastic tubing" of the current preferred vender, and everything is done through the attic and walls.
I guess it’s different in different areas, most of the houses here copper is run in the attic although I don’t think most people are using copper anymore it’s all pex now I think. I have seen a lot of leaks from pipes running up through the concrete that were not sleeved properly.

comfortably numb

Reaction score
We were at a friends house in Oregon City one weekend and his wife hammered a nail into the wall to hang a picture and hit the hot water pipe that went to the upstairs bathroom and water shot all the way across the house at about 2000 fpm.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Well this went from bad to worse to nightmare! This little pin hole leak turned into fucking mold everywhere. There's walls gone and and my house looks like an episode out of Dexter. The first company that came out (E.S.R.) gave us bunk advice and essential set up fans that blew the mold spores all over our house for 4 days. Now my wife has had a sore throat and cough, I'm a little better with just some watery eyes and sore throat. We have a company in here know that knows their shit but this is not a fast process.

I should have burned the fucker down like I said in my original post.

wzuber

Reaction score
Well this went from bad to worse to nightmare! This little pin hole leak turned into fucking mold everywhere. There's walls gone and and my house looks like an episode out of Dexter. The first company that came out (E.S.R.) gave us bunk advice and essential set up fans that blew the mold spores all over our house for 4 days. Now my wife has had a sore throat and cough, I'm a little better with just some watery eyes and sore throat. We have a company in here know that knows their shit but this is not a fast process.

I should have burned the fucker down like I said in my original post.
this is a bit hard to understand for a couple reasons....
1)the symptoms described sound like my and my wifes colds we've had for the last couple weeks and we have no mold in our house, certainly not exposed anyway.
2 ) any wet base board, walls etc. should have been removed to dry out. When removed mold would have been visibly obvious as well as by smell, it's pungent.
3) Any remediation Co. would know the importance of anticipating and treating for and killing mold with at the very least a bleach and water mixture.

RichL

Reaction score
1)the symptoms described sound like my and my wifes colds we've had for the last couple weeks and we have no mold in our house, certainly not exposed anyway.
2 ) any wet base board, walls etc. should have been removed to dry out. When removed mold would have been visibly obvious as well as by smell, it's pungent.
3) Any remediation Co. would know the importance of anticipating and treating for and killing mold with at the very least a bleach and water mixture.
This^^^

GRADS

Reaction score
Sheetrock was exposed to show all the wet studs etc. There was a vanity on the other side of the wall that was not removed at the time. The mold remediation says there was no mold and said all we needed at the time were some heaters and dehumidifiers. They half ass tarp the area and throw the heaters in there. They also say say they sprayed something to like bleach to kill anything. The heaters blow for 4 days blowing that nasty moldy smell throughout the house. They come pick up their equipment and say we're good to go to put drywall up. About 2 hours after they left I get in there and start looking around and find pretty obvious signs of mold. Pretty sure they are going to be sued the contractor who is responsible.

New company comes in rips out the vanity and finds mold behind it as well. So now at this point. A bathroom is ripped out, walls in our master, and they've spent the last two days removing mold. They also think it may have gotten into the HVAC so they will be cleaning the ducting as well. I can post pics of everything if you'd like as I have documented it all.

C-2

Reaction score
Did the initial remediation company also test for the presence of mold, both before the job started and after it was completed? Typically they take a static reading at the start, and after remediation is finished, they test again. They use several different testing methods, including testing the air inside and outside of the residence. The mold testing company is usually a 3rd party company, not the remediation contractor itself.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Sheetrock was exposed to show all the wet studs etc. There was a vanity on the other side of the wall that was not removed at the time. The mold remediation says there was no mold and said all we needed at the time were some heaters and dehumidifiers. They half ass tarp the area and throw the heaters in there. They also say say they sprayed something to like bleach to kill anything. The heaters blow for 4 days blowing that nasty moldy smell throughout the house. They come pick up their equipment and say we're good to go to put drywall up. About 2 hours after they left I get in there and start looking around and find pretty obvious signs of mold. Pretty sure they are going to be sued the contractor who is responsible.

New company comes in rips out the vanity and finds mold behind it as well. So now at this point. A bathroom is ripped out, walls in our master, and they've spent the last two days removing mold. They also think it may have gotten into the HVAC so they will be cleaning the ducting as well. I can post pics of everything if you'd like as I have documented it all.

Why not. Like they say, this thread is worthless without pics.

GRADS

Reaction score
Did the initial remediation company also test for the presence of mold, both before the job started and after it was completed? Typically they take a static reading at the start, and after remediation is finished, they test again. They use several different testing methods, including testing the air inside and outside of the residence. The mold testing company is usually a 3rd party company, not the remediation contractor itself.
The first one did not. The company that is doing the work now has already had an outside company test twice and is testing again next week. The tests showed positive for mold although I'm waiting to hear back exactly what they showed.

Reactions: C-2

78Southwind

Reaction score
Damn, good luck. Hope it all ends well for you. This sure is Grads.:mad: BTW...we are changing the meaning of Grads from Gay to Fucked UP.o_O

Yellowboat

Reaction score
The first one did not. The company that is doing the work now has already had an outside company test twice and is testing again next week. The tests showed positive for mold although I'm waiting to hear back exactly what they showed.
Just a fyi. There is zero legal standard on what is and is not safe. So trying to sue over mold is a extremely hard thing to do. Now suing becuase some one fucked up, is a lot eaiser. Also duct cleaning flat out does not work.

nowski

Reaction score
Grads, there are thousands that have passed on through this life that would love to be in your 10 years cancer free shoes. You've overcome the Biggest Obstacle in your life, a little leak and some mold should just be a bump in the road...

GRADS

Reaction score
Also duct cleaning flat out does not work.
What do you suggest?

Grads, there are thousands that have passed on through this life that would love to be in your 10 years cancer free shoes. You've overcome the Biggest Obstacle in your life, a little leak and some mold should just be a bump in the road...
I've tried to remind myself that many times this week.

Last edited:

GRADS

Reaction score
Here's a few pics from the pinhole leak to my Dexter cutting room....

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2251 2.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2387 2.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Grads, next time you hang something on drywall, use a toggle bolt...

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
When was that crown moulding installed?? That sill plate looks like it’s been damp for a while.

Sent from a van down by the river. [emoji3577][emoji41]

RichL

Reaction score
When was that crown moulding installed?? That sill plate looks like it’s been damp for a while.

Granted I'm just looking at pics from a couple thousand miles away rather than being on site but I just can't shake the feeling something else is going on here. I get that the carpenter caught the piping with a nail but that could have happened to anyone especially given how the copper appears to have been run. I just hope he isn't going to take a hit for something that was beyond his control.

GRADS

Reaction score

The water was running for about two and a half weeks.

GRADS

Reaction score
Granted I'm just looking at pics from a couple thousand miles away rather than being on site but I just can't shake the feeling something else is going on here. I get that the carpenter caught the piping with a nail but that could have happened to anyone especially given how the copper appears to have been run. I just hope he isn't going to take a hit for something that was beyond his control.
Keep in mind the house is 41 years old. How should the copper have been run down the wall?

RichL

Reaction score
Keep in mind the house is 41 years old. How should the copper have been run down the wall?
Again, based solely on the pics it appears to have been run too close to the outer face of the top plate. Add to that the lack of protection and you have the potential for a problem. I've run my share of trim over the last 29 years and always made the effort to ensure I was nailing in alignment with wall studs or rafters but in the end I for one don't have X-ray vision and sometimes shit just happens.

GRADS

Reaction score
This has literally gone from bad to worse to nightmare to I'm considering taking a bulldozer to the house. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. At best we're looking at $15-20K in repairs and mold remediation...and that's if nothing else unforeseen happens.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Hey moron, yea YOU. TROPHY HUSBAND.....
put your wife, the pets, and your miserable inbred self in a reasonably decent hotel and DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM...
You're the shithead that had to have some outdated crown "molding" installed. HEY, GET THE PUN? MOLDING????:D:D:D:D:D

Take your WORTHLESS ASS off of "atrophy husband" status and DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM!!!!

For ONCE IN YOUR LIFE, DO SOMETHING ABOUT AN ISSUE, OTHER THAN SIT BACK AND CRY!?!?!

Headless hula

Reaction score
How about go get some mold preventative, and READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, AND APPLY IT????

Headless hula

Reaction score
How about you do a mediocre GOOGLE SEARCH on how to rid your house from mold, and follow the guidance given?

Why keep coming here and crying about how shitty it is instead of making it better?

Oh, I know why...

Cuz ORANGE MAN BAD.....

YOU FUCKING PILE OF FUCK DEMOCRATS CANT DO ANYTHING FOR YOURSELVES......

Carry on crying in your own feces....

Fuckhead.

This should have been taken care of a week ago. Instead you waited on others to cure your woes.

Standard operating procedure for a blue voter....

God, you're a sorry excuse for a "man".

Headless hula

Reaction score
This has literally gone from bad to worse to nightmare to I'm considering taking a bulldozer to the house. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. At best we're looking at $15-20K in repairs and mold remediation...and that's if nothing else unforeseen happens.
And what did "YOU" do about it?

Oh yea... went to Tahoe..... :rolleyes:

GRADS

Reaction score
And what did "YOU" do about it?

Oh yea... went to Tahoe..... :rolleyes:
Huh? I don't get it? I went to Tahoe to escape the house before the mold remediation started.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Did you "rely" on others to ensure the safety of your family??????

Sure seems so....

GRADS

Reaction score
DUMBFUCK...

WHAT DID "YOU" PHYSICALLY "DO" ABOUT THE MOLD IN YOUR HOUSE?, ORHER THAN RUN FOR THE HILLS OF TAHOE??????
I'm sorry but I'm not a mold expert. I got the out of the house and waited for the experts to show up and take care of it. Still don't understand what you're getting at.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Ya know, the volunteer school teachers I met in the Abacos weren't "experts" either.

They didnt hesitate to follow the instructions by the World Health Organization on remedial mold removal from dwellings.

They wore Tyvek suits and used scrub brushes for hours upon hours in 90 degree temperatures and 100% humidity in the Bahamas.

These were volunteers, that were trying to get school teachers housing back to livable conditions, after a cat 5 hurricane.

A little bit of mold was the least of their problems, maybe get your manicured hands and toes a little dirty and get your lazy ass to work.

Headless hula

Reaction score
No I relied on "experts".;)
God forbid you took a little bit of responsibility to ensure your and your family's home was actually safe, instead of relying on others.

Headless hula

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I'm not a mold expert. I got the out of the house and waited for the experts to show up and take care of it. Still don't understand what you're getting at.
Mold "expert"?????

Are you fucking kidding????

GRADS

Reaction score
There's certifications involved that I can't provide and if I ever want to sell the house those could be kind of important. Let it go HH, not sure why you have such a hard on tonight.

Last edited:

Headless hula

Reaction score
I'm guessing you've never seen how mold remediation is done.
Nah bro. Never ever.

You moron. God forbid you idiots actually take the reins on ANYTHING.

Headless hula

Reaction score
LOL @ HH

Trolling the troll. You’re guys’ lines are going to cross with this many lines out! WAIT........ you’re going to cross what???
Pump da brakes big shoots........

"Atrophy husband" has it all under control...

He'll ask "siri" what to do next.....

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Grads, the mold that you have pics of does not happen in the time frame this thread provides.
You are now getting jacked by the 2nd company to fleece your insurance company.

GRADS

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your expert opinions.;) Freaking jet boaters....:rolleyes:

Headless hula

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your expert opinions.;) Freaking jet boaters....:rolleyes:
No, fuckstick....

How about do EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY AND HOME??????
Has this singular thought EVER CROSSED YOUR SELF SERVING MIND??????

PULL YOUR STINKY FINGER OUT OF YOUR ASS AND DO SOMETHING PROACTIVE!!!!!!!!

FER FUCKS SAKE MAN....(and I use the term "man" LOOSELY....).....

Take care of you, and your own first. Then worry about every other idiot....

For God's sakes Greg....

This should have been solved, remediated, fixed, taken care of,,,,, within 3 days of the the first post.

Not 2 weeks later.
Mold is no joke.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Pump da brakes big shoots........

"Atrophy husband" has it all under control...

He'll ask "siri" what to do next.....

Why don’t you “pump da brakes” bob vila......

Not everyone is skilled enough, or confident enough to take care of things like that themselves mr mighty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk