WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I need a drop through fin for an old Connelly wood ski....

jody165

Reaction score
I am re-furbishing an old wood Connelly Wake Jumper for myself to use when I want something different than my 360... The drop through fin is not the correct one and looks like hell. Any of the old Connelly wooden skis would have the correct fin.... has 4 holes.

Does anyone have an old Connelly Hook wooden ski that is crap condition and therefor would be willing to send me the fin? Odd request, I know.

The ski I am redo-ing is 3rd from right.

Dave, the ski you are going to use is on the far right... it's a beast but will get you up. Then you will transition to ski 3rd from left. That's a Taperflex wakejumper. Pretty flexy but that's good when learning. Then you will end up on a nice stiff 360 in the end... at least that's the plan.

Jody

Attachments

• 100_1828.jpg
    100_1828.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 347

jody165

Reaction score
I also need one rear cover piece for a Maha 360 fiberglass ski. The little black cover for the back end. Anyone have one? Doubt it...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Jody, bring the ski's down to my shop.. I'd bet we can make a drop through fin pretty quick. :) It won't look "period" correct or anything like that, but it'll be the nicest damn thing on the ski when I'm done.. :D

RD

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
I also need one rear cover piece for a Maha 360 fiberglass ski. The little black cover for the back end. Anyone have one? Doubt it...

Gimme a better description and/or pix and I'll check. I've got a couple of Maha's at the river house that serve only as art work so I'd give one up of the covers if'n I've got what you need.

Carl

Boat211

Reaction score

Call Bob (Maha) at his shop. He probably has one. 800-624-2754

jody165

Reaction score
Call Bob (Maha) at his shop. He probably has one. 800-624-2754

Tried that a few years ago, he doesn't have anything for the old fiberglass skis. We even tried to convince him to dust off the mold for the fiberglass 360 and make a few new ones but he said the molds are gone.

jody165

Reaction score
Gimme a better description and/or pix and I'll check. I've got a couple of Maha's at the river house that serve only as art work so I'd give one up of the covers if'n I've got what you need.

Carl

Thanks, look at the pic, the second ski from the right. Look at the tail where you can see two screws that attached a simple plastic block off plate covering the rear of the ski. It only came on this fiberglass 360 ski, none of the other Maha's needed it.

jody165

Reaction score
Jody, bring the ski's down to my shop.. I'd bet we can make a drop through fin pretty quick. :) It won't look "period" correct or anything like that, but it'll be the nicest damn thing on the ski when I'm done.. :D

RD

Uhh, I think I'll take you up on that. I can do alot in my garage but I still cannot weld.... Trade you a ski ride for a ski fin... ;)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have a bad ass little welder, but I don't know how to weld.. LOL. If I make it I'll end up machining it all out of one piece or something. Or making up 2 pieces and sending them out to weld.

RD

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
That rear piece for the glass 360 should be easy I think,, you have another as a sample? Been quite a few glass 360's on Ebay lately,, I know Jason Becker got one,, been watching others for Justin.

I see those old Connelly Hook skis cheap sometimes, have you been checking Craigslist?

I need to get another wrap for my wood 360,, only got a couple of rides after replacing that one with the piece you sent me,, then the other tore.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I have a bad ass little welder, but I don't know how to weld.. LOL. If I make it I'll end up machining it all out of one piece or something. Or making up 2 pieces and sending them out to weld.

RD

What kind of welder do you have that you aren't using Dave?

jody165

Reaction score
Give me your address again Barry and I'll send you another Maha wrap. I have quite a few fiberglass 360's and could sell one but I'd want $400 for one. I know that's alot.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What kind of welder do you have that you aren't using Dave?

Ya know.. I dunno.. Everyone one of my friends that has seen it says.. "That's a bad ass little welder right there" :D

I remember when we bought it, it was a relatively small package that could do welds on some pretty thick materials. I believe it's a TIG welder?

I dunno.. I dunno shit about welding, that's why everything I design bolts together. :D

RD

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Ya know.. I dunno.. Everyone one of my friends that has seen it says.. "That's a bad ass little welder right there" :D

I remember when we bought it, it was a relatively small package that could do welds on some pretty thick materials. I believe it's a TIG welder?

I dunno.. I dunno shit about welding, that's why everything I design bolts together. :D

RD

Quickest way to tell, does the handle have a trigger on it and shoot wire out?

Or is it a foot pedal, and the handle has no trigger?;)

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
I have a bunch of brand new old and new style vogue drop in fins that would work. I also have more rubber and hardware for the vogue bindings. actually i have everything new for the vogue skis.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have a bunch of brand new old and new style vogue drop in fins that would work. I also have more rubber and hardware for the vogue bindings. actually i have everything new for the vogue skis.

I need the bindings for a vogue ski.. I will take some pics of it and put them up.

RD