WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I need a new Dishwasher

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
No, not the wife....

I mean an actual dishwasher. The one that has been working just fine for over 20 years is finally circling the drain.

For those of you privileged people that use a dishwasher, what would be your recommendations? Trying to keep it under 1k

rivergames

Reaction score
I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher here at my pad in LA and it works great!

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher at my pad in Parker and it works great!

boatpi

Reaction score
KitchenAid will last you probably forever other than that Bosch.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
We put in a Kitchen Aid Dishwasher about 4 years ago when we remodeled our kitchen. It's been flawless, and I would buy it again & again! Just don't buy a Kitchen Aid Refrigerator. They are junk - we went thru 3 in 1 year :eek:

NicPaus

Reaction score
Bosch. They make them for high end manufacturers and relabel.

badgas

Reaction score
I just got one three weeks ago. We paid $1,139.00 OTD delivered and installed with new hose etc.

$899.00 was the list price

It was in stock not on order. We got a kitchen aid this time. Last one was a Bosch that lasted 7 years and the one before that was kitchen aid that lasted 7 years.

This one is nice and quite. The racks work much better than the last one. The more movable parts and modular crap on the racks the sooner they will fall apart. The Bosch was also quiet 44 DBA but inside fell apart. You can Choose the DBA level, the new one is like 39 DBA and is quiet. Our dishwasher is like 8 feet from our sofa where we watch TV so I needed it quiet.

PXL_20210813_185953730.jpg
PXL_20210813_190007790.jpg

PXL_20210813_191727027.jpg

Last edited:

petie6464

Reaction score
I have a twelve year old Bosch, that a neighbor gave to me when his house went to the bank. It's basically silent, you hear the water draining through the sink vent and that's it. When it dies I'm definitely getting another one.

badgas

Reaction score
I have a twelve year old Bosch, that a neighbor gave to me when his house went to the bank. It's basically silent, you hear the water draining through the sink vent and that's it. When it dies I'm definitely getting another one.

Yeah our last two have been that way. They are so quiet that without the little light you can't even tell that it's running. I don't know what the DBA level is on ours at the Havasu house but it sounds like you are in a drive thru car wash when you are in the kitchen 😂 sucker is loud but it gets things clean and dry.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
i have a samsung in my house. it was installed in 2007 i beleive(way before i bought myplace) and i can say it works, dont have to prewash shit before putting em in dishwasher, and its quiet, so quiet i cant tell its on standing next to it.

fyi kenmore at my old ca house worked pretty dam well for what i needed cleaned..

View attachment 1037355
I take you're not married or were married!!! :D

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
Stay far far away from this one or any anything similar
B0E54F58-EE14-448B-8CBF-CB4E37102476.jpeg

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Ours shit the bed about 7 months ago right in the middle of ZERO appliances here in Havasu. Lowes got a small shipment in of Whirlpool and we snatched up one of those. Very quiet and does what it's supposed to. I read about it that night and it said don't clean off the dishes before you throw them in and my wife was like you're crazy. We tried it and now never clean anything off but the bigger stuff. Works perfect.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
nope, and even if i was/had been i still woulda done it. worked awesome for final cleaning of dust and any dirt that brake clean hadnt already gotten off so i could begin final assembly.
I'm kinda looking for a used one to put in the garage for just that reason.

Parts cleaner

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
I just got one three weeks ago. We paid $1,139.00 OTD delivered and installed with new hose etc.

It was in stock not on order. We got a kitchen aid this time. Last one was a Bosch that lasted 7 years and the one before that was kitchen aid that lasted 7 years.

This one is nice and quite. The racks work much better than the last one. The more movable parts and modular crap on the racks the sooner they will fall apart. The Bosch was also quiet 44 DBA but inside fell apart. You can Choose the DBA level, the new one is like 39 DBA and is quiet. Our dishwasher is like 8 feet from our sofa where we watch TV so I needed it quiet.

View attachment 1037356 View attachment 1037357

View attachment 1037360

We got the same one also about 4months ago love the extra top rack

propcheck

Reaction score

View attachment 1037356 View attachment 1037357

View attachment 1037360

This is the one. We have the same unit it rocks. That said Bosch is good also

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
DF8DCD54-4711-4F82-9CA4-BCA4494BC8A1.jpeg

2 year old Samsung I just took out when we moved cause the new owner was going to demo kitchen. Works great. Slate color.$100 to an RDPer. I have a matching microwave too.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I'm kinda looking for a used one to put in the garage for just that reason.

Parts cleaner

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
A short soak in a bucket of gasoline followed by the potscrubber cycle works wonders.

....and then I bought the wife a new Bosch dishwasher

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
regardless of brand... get a stainless inner. not just the door, the whole inside. it keeps the inside of the dishwasher hotter and thus cleaner dishes.

we put a brand new samsung in our bus and its almost silent you have to look at it to make sure its on. i know someone with the "top controls" and its kinda annoying because every time you shut the door all the way, it beeps and turns on. actually pushing the buttons is kinda a pain as well.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
I went online at Costco and purchase what was on sale, It was a Whirlpool, about 6 years ago with no problems to date.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
We have a couple of Kitchen Aids and they work great. Can't even tell the newer one at the Havasu house is running.

My parents needed a new one and a new fridge, so I took my dad to Pacific Sales. It was a few months ago and I know there were shortages, He wanted a Kitchen Aid fridge and the matching dishwasher with the red-tipped handles. He also had to have a light in the dishwasher. The fridge was fine, but no stock or eta on the dishwasher, so we picked out a COVE which is part of Wolf. It got delivered and when they went to install, they realized there was no SS front panel and it was unavailable also with no eta. He ended up calling Ferguson and they found a red-tipped Kitchen Aid with a light and they said it works great. Yay for Ferguson!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Miele dishwasher for the win. Far and away the best - better than Bosch and KitchenAid (tho the old KitchenAids were the best ever).

This is the one.

There is no comparison to anything else.

I've got a 21 year old unit at the rental house (going strong) and a 1 year old unit here in Nor Cal.

I pulled a one year old perfectly good maytag in my " new" place (gave it to a friend with a dying LG) for a new miele, and dont regret to for a minute.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I’ve had an Asko for about 10 years. Just about the best there is. Haven’t thought about it for 8 or 9 years until I saw this post 😁

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
No, not the wife....

I mean an actual dishwasher. The one that has been working just fine for over 20 years is finally circling the drain.

For those of you privileged people that use a dishwasher, what would be your recommendations? Trying to keep it under 1k
Not under $1k but our cove dishwasher in Havasu is legit...our whirlpool in Texas is a POS

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
regardless of brand... get a stainless inner. not just the door, the whole inside. it keeps the inside of the dishwasher hotter and thus cleaner dishes.

thats one benny...there is another

SS units can effectively dry without a heater rod, the moisture condenses to the walls and you simply blow air through it to dry - this makes it cheaper to run.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Had a Samsung pieces of shit IMHO. Know a couple people with Bosch and have nothing but problems. They say overpriced pieces of shit as well.
We have a newer LG 3 drawer with the 10 warranty deal now. Super quiet (44db I think)a must as our family room is off the kitchen area.
In all fairness I guess it’s luck of the draw as you’ve read people have good luck with all brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Kitchenaide is great. Our new remodel we went with Fisher & Paykel double drawer and really like it.
View attachment 1037368 View attachment 1037369

These are pretty cool.
I had a 1st gen one of these in my old office - worked pretty well.
The top one got a real workout multiple daily runs mostly from coffee and bagel/muffin plates.
I really like not having to bend over to pull from the bottom rack.
These are also great in a motorhome where one drawer can do it for you. Its really hard to do as good a job by hand with as little water.

riverroyal

Reaction score
GE profile
Pacific sales is now owned by best buy.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Ok, this topic is too complicated. Lets try which is better, Ford or Chevy?

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Bosch
Like a BWM or Mercedes with no service ever.....

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

nowski

Reaction score
It's a drought year...

If all of a sudden there was a rush to buy new dishwashers Havasu could be the next Lake San Antonio / Nacimiento. Use paper and plastic the landfills are still open...