WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I need paperwork

stupidbaker57

Reaction score
I bought a 18ft 1970 Rayson craft. The guy I got it from never registered it and the previous owner is nowhere to be found. The boat needs a total restoration, but is complete and runs well. I want to return this boat to service, but can't title the boat. (my state titles all boats 14ft and longer).
I bought "papers" for 2 of my street rods that I built that had simular paperwork problems and had no trouble what so ever at the DMV.

My question (and you know what I'm asking) is where can I get a title or expired registration for a destroyed flat bottom? Any simular boat of 18ft built before 1972 would be perfect.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
If you were in CA, I could legally help you.

stupidbaker57

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. My boat is in need of a light resto over the winter, so I'll have a while to hunt up something.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Is there anyway you can get ahold of the registered owner listed with your local DMV. Is it possible to just have him sign a release of liabiilty form or something similiar like we do here in Cali. I'm guessing you will be on the hook for the Reg back dues.

An on that note, how many years is it out? Is it possible all the info has fallen out of the system and you can register it as a salvage or owner build?

stupidbaker57

Reaction score
Yes I am looking for the pink slip and possibly the HIN. My boat is a 1970 so there are no numbers. The guy I bought it from never registered it in his name. The reg expired in 2001. The guy he bought it from is no where to be found. (moved, jail, dead, who knows)
I've gone thru this with 2 of my custom street rods that I have built. The DMV needs a title or previous reg. They also want a pencil rubbing of the hull number which would be no problem for me. The boat is not seen by the DMV or inspected by them unless it's a newly built craft, then they need the reciets for all the materials and have to see it to verify that it's what I said it was.

stupidbaker57

Reaction score
Thanks to all with your sugestions and help. I have found the papers that will get the boat titled.