WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I need to catch an opposum under my house.

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
I was running speaker wires under the house and I hit an opposum with my right arm, I think it was sleeping and I woke it up. It ran away, but now I have to catch this thing. I found where it is getting in from, but I don't want to seal that area without knowing if it is gone.

What trap does the RD community recommend?

rivergames

Reaction score
I was running speaker wires under the house and I hit an opposum with my right arm, I think it was sleeping and I woke it up. It ran away, but now I have to catch this thing. I found where it is getting in from, but I don't want to seal that area without knowing if it is gone.

What trap does the RD community recommend?

22 with a 1 gallon empty water jug :D

kilrtoy

Banned
Reaction score
Change the title to ...RDP member I need your help hot chick trapped under my house can you please get her out

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
BB gun that little fucker. Those things can be pretty mean.

edog

Reaction score
Cat trap loaded with apples. That's what i use works in minutes, and the cats wont go in it..

D

Deleted Account

They sell these traps at Harbor Freight, and they work...

Attachments

• 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 327

RivrKD

Reaction score
They sell these traps at Harbor Freight, and they work...

Or just kick some KFC under and let these three clear the problem. It should be great fun for the whole family :D:D:D

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Cat trap loaded with apples. That's what i use works in minutes, and the cats wont go in it..

This will work.

I put two 22 rounds into the head of one and it was still breathing the next day.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Or just kick some KFC under and let these three clear the problem. It should be great fun for the whole family :D:D:D

Are you trying to trap me, 460, or a possum? :D

Is this original?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
This will work.

I put two 22 rounds into the head of one and it was still breathing the next day.

When I read the bb gun deal I laughed...lol

I had a c02 powered pellet gun and I shot one at point blank and it just got pissed...

RivrKD

Reaction score
This will do it in one shot. Not like you .22 boys. The problem is the 375 makes a .44 look like a pussy. But you will have to have the ants to clean it off. You can't find that many small parts on your own.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do you what me to stop by? My name is'nt Cousin Eddie:D:D:D

Attachments

• 375.jpg
    375.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 211

milkmoney

Reaction score
once you catch it. does anybody have dibbs on them. those sum damm good eatin':thumbsup

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
When I read the bb gun deal I laughed...lol

I had a c02 powered pellet gun and I shot one at point blank and it just got pissed...

Yup. Things are indistructable!

Our dog got one in the backyard where it played dead on our patio. My pops carried it by it's tail to the grass where he put two rounds into it's head, threw it in a black plastic bag and then dropped it into the trash can.

Next day when taking the trash to the curb, I opened the lid and it was laying at the bottom of the can where it crawled out of the plastic. Two whacks with the breaker bar, a couple kicks of it's legs and it was finally dead.......maybe.

D

Deleted Account

This will do it in one shot. Not like you .22 boys. The problem is the 375 makes a .44 look like a pussy. But you will have to have the ants to clean it off. You can't find that many small parts on your own.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do you what me to stop by? My name is'nt Cousin Eddie:D:D:D

I'll see you, and raise, lol...:D

Attachments

• iPhone Pics 1867 (Large).jpg
    iPhone Pics 1867 (Large).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 206

Reaction score
Send pr388 over there. Fucker will die from his pathetic attempt and gathering trim.

SKIA36

Reaction score
:violin:

Possums?

No problem. They'll do the whole family!

Attachments

• 2010 11 18 068.jpg
    2010 11 18 068.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 144

SKIA36

Reaction score
Cool dogs, what breed are they?

Jack Russell Terriers(Long leg, smooth coat version)

They have Bronze Medallions, which means they have passed their trials for hunting certifications. They are unbelievably quick, and terminate small /medium rodents like you wouldnt believe. They have been known to dig for prey for 72 hours without food or water. My 2 have 30-40 kills. Rats, mice, gophers,squirrels, groundhogs,possums. Had to restrain them for racoon, fox(Used alot for these), coyote.They were willing, but I didnt like the odds.They are fearless.

If you look at some of the old English Fox hunting paintings, uou will see one of the mounted riders with a small white dog in his lap or saddlebag. Its a Jack Russell, used for pulling the fox out of the hole once it has been chased there by the pack of hounds, usually beagles, bloodhounds, etc.

Jack Russel Terriers are a mix of Staffordshire Terrier(Pit Bull), Beagle and Fox Terrier. Often referred to as the smartest dog breed.

fmo24

Reaction score
Those are good looking dogs. I was thinking they were tall but seeing your description understand why. I bet they are quick though

NicPaus

Reaction score
Those are good looking dogs. I was thinking they were tall but seeing your description understand why. I bet they are quick though

And high strung compared to a short legged. Cousins have had them and like mentioned fearless and fast.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
My neighbor has a couple of those lil' terriers. They are aggressive. They won't back down from the bigger dogs who get confused by their aggressive "attacks" until one of lil' shits nip too hard and then the tide changes.....Even after the big dog has his fill and fights back, they won't go completely away. Just stay out of reach and yap at 'em.:skull

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Call animal control. Around here at least, they will loan you a trap and then come pick up what you catch.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Call Billy.
Billy-the-Exterminator.jpg

I get all twitchy around rodents and reptiles...can't stand the mf'ers

Last edited:

cruzer

Reaction score
I was 10 feet from one and went for a head shot with the 22. I heard the bullet come whizzing back at me. The next shot was in the eye. That did the job. She had a baby on her back also. One shot for that.

They are tough to kill with a 22.