WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I saw ones of these today…….. 4x4 Boat

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have seen them in Havasu a few times.. I personally don't get it, but whatever floats your boat.

RD

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Recall one of these even made a pass in the DS Shoot Out a few years ago. Don't remember it's exact speed. But, it wasn't that fast.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
A guy in the Islander Management Family owns one

spectras only

Reaction score
I like this kind of water-car, made by the Dodge Brothers in 1924, 22.6 feet, Chrysler Hemi V-8. Friend spent a fortune have it restored by Absolute Classics.
Amphicar was a failure [ too slow ] at least these modern versions are fast,but still.

1675711157004.jpeg

1675711187413.jpeg

1675711216957.jpeg

1675711241518.jpeg

1675711276101.jpeg

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
100-158k? Think I'd buy a used truck and a used deck boat...I'm pretty good at backing down the ramp;)
Pretty cool though. I could go up river to the free ramp in Laughlin, cut over to see @jeepdog , get some malts and head via the river back to the trailerhood.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
The Southern California Water car folks originally bought out Panther Jet drives when it tanked (Drain Oregon) and then built the majority of the first generation water cars with Panther drives and various engine combos , largely Honda V6 , the first Ones provided mediocre performance and were snapped up by the wealthy as novelties here and overseas . Then from what I gather they may have developed issues with California emissions laws (because they are also cars) and the Panther drive also had some "performance issues" and longevity problems . With these jet drives coming of age and the jets developing inherent internal performance and wear issues . When we invented our Panther conversions , JBP began getting inquiries from all over the world where these "water cars" ended up, To date several have received and utilized our Panther mixed flows with significant performance and efficiency gains . Currently I understand they are now using IOs vs jets , time will tell ,additionally I think they may have moved production to Florida as well (Photos is but one of several converted to date
watercar 1.jpg

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
The Southern California Water car folks originally bought out Panther Jet drives when it tanked (Drain Oregon) and then built the majority of the first generation water cars with Panther drives and various engine combos , largely Honda V6 , the first Ones provided mediocre performance and were snapped up by the wealthy as novelties here and overseas . Then from what I gather they may have developed issues with California emissions laws (because they are also cars) and the Panther drive also had some "performance issues" and longevity problems . With these jet drives coming of age and the jets developing inherent internal performance and wear issues . When we invented our Panther conversions , JBP began getting inquiries from all over the world where these "water cars" ended up, To date several have received and utilized our Panther mixed flows with significant performance and efficiency gains . Currently I understand they are now using IOs vs jets , time will tell ,additionally I think they may have moved production to Florida as well (Photos is but one of several converted to date View attachment 1196793

Cool bit of information that you have. I find the way that the wheels are pulled up intriguin. What kind of suspension do they run?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
2FF will be along any moment to explain how a SxS can do it better than that Jeep 😂