WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I scared ALL of the fish away yesterday!

Nikwho

Reaction score
Or so I was told! 🤣 My wife, son and I hauled our old Tahiti down to Lake Pleasant yesterday. We launched at the north ramp of Pleasant Harbor Marina. Sure, my boat isn't the most quiet, but it's a mostly stock rebuilt Olds 455, mild cam, through transom exhaust with original logs and snails! Its not that loud! Anyway, an older gentleman asked me about the engine nicely enough, then told my wife while I was parking the truck/trailer about how "these boats" scare all of the fish away! She didn't know how to respond. Made me chuckle, thinking about how upset he would have been had a boat with open headers been there.

I understand wanting some tranquility while fishing! I also spend a lot of my time fly fishing in remote areas. Buy my goodness. Its a pretty big lake. I'm not offended, or wound up about it. Just sharing, for the sake of sharing, merely out of boredom.

On a positive note, it was a successful first trip out with the new (to us) boat. It didn't sink, ran pretty darned well, and astonishingly hit 62 MPH on GPS! I say astonishingly, because I have the bigger carb that came on the boat off to rebuild, and I stuck a Quick Fuel Brawler 650 cfm carb on it, with no tuning! I went one jet size richer on the mains and secondaries. That was full of fuel, full Ice chest and myself. I did not catch the RPM that the engine was at when it topped out. I hope that I didn't over-rev the poor Oldsmobile! I did install a new MSD cap and rotor, new plugs and wires, fresh oil change, two new fuel filters and a new fuel pressure regulator, and a Mallory capacitive discharge ignition box with rev limiter, but didn't adjust the rev limiter from how it came from the factory.

Nik

Last edited:

Nikwho

Reaction score
00M0M_gA3FHt8Mnh5_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
IMG952836.jpg

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Damn.. that's nice!!

What year?

Pump?

Nikwho

Reaction score
1974, Berkeley 12JC pump, with hydraulic Place Diverter. Unknown impeller.

arch stanton

Reaction score
My wife has trolled off the back of this Shockwave with a 502 and Lightning headers with though the hull exhaust on a jet a number of times with no problem catching fish while going past guys running electric trolling motors they start out unhappy about the noise and end up pissed as she adds another to the stringer.
IMG_2288.jpg

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
Wife and I have fished out of my boat a few times. Just gotta pay close attention when getting ready to cast, pretty close quarters, lol...