WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I see this being a huge new trend in the performance boat market...Pretty cool!

Tank

Reaction score
LED Rubrail? Looks pretty slick actually. I know Poon-toons already did it but I'd never seen big CC's or especially performance boats doing it...YET. Deep Impact just released this though. Looks good.

lauderdale19_deepimpact1.jpg

lauderdale19_deepimpact3.jpg

2Driver

Reaction score
I think it looks pretty cool.

That said, I’ve never seen a LED that is tremendously resilient, and it would look goofy if it developed blank sections. Crap I won’t even buy a ceiling fan if the LED is built in.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That will last in the 120 dry heat for sure. :)

Neat idea. if it was integrated into the lines of the gel design it could look pretty cool.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That will last in the 120 dry heat for sure. :)

Neat idea. if it was integrated into the lines of the gel design it could look pretty cool.
Having had buddies in the low rider and mini truck crowd, I did some odd projects. One was embedding led's into a fiberglass panel, sanding them smooth, and painting over them. The back lighting was to highlight a design, and worked pretty well. This was 20 years ago, and the available components were nowhere near as good as the stuff now.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Me and docks are getting along a lot better these days at least
We have to dock against some pretty strong current on the river, when the water is flowing high. The rub rail ends up getting a beating sometimes despite our attempts to keep it "gentle"

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Love the new Deep Impacts!

Someone told me Tim Gallagher left MTI and went to Deep Impact. Was kind of surprised to hear that.

Tank

Reaction score
We have to dock against some pretty strong current on the river, when the water is flowing high. The rub rail ends up getting a beating sometimes despite our attempts to keep it "gentle"
You should actually wrap the NEW DOCK EXTENSION in this stuff! ;);):D:D

Tank

Reaction score
Love the new Deep Impacts!

Someone told me Tim Gallagher left MTI and went to Deep Impact. Was kind of surprised to hear that.
Yep, couple weeks ago. Went over as General Manager. I swear, Tim just keeps on climbing the ladder. I remember when he was with Cigarette nearly 15 years ago. Good dude. Mike Grifiths went back to Mercury from MTI as well.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Not a fan. People use these under way and it obscures the nav lights. Rates right up there with "headlights".

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I think it’s cool but will not last in Havasu at all. Leds do fail and having a dark spot looks goofy. Then there is the whole legal argument

Tank

Reaction score
I know the blue lights on the boats are a no-no, especially in Havasu. Is it just underway though, or all the time. I think it would be cool all lit up at the dock. Not running at night across the lake. But maybe drifting in the middle of the lake at night so people see you. And I'm almost certain it's no big deal to have multiple color LED lights. So you could have this rub rail blue at the dock, white under way, change like a disco show if you wanted. LED's are VERY user friendly and versatile.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Most people have a difficult enough time distinguishing the required navigation lights. Additional lighting sure wouldn’t help that situation. BTW when drifting at night nav lights are still required.

Mikes56

Reaction score
The cops will be on that like stink on shit.

PlanB

Reaction score
I know the blue lights on the boats are a no-no, especially in Havasu. Is it just underway though, or all the time. I think it would be cool all lit up at the dock. Not running at night across the lake. But maybe drifting in the middle of the lake at night so people see you. And I'm almost certain it's no big deal to have multiple color LED lights. So you could have this rub rail blue at the dock, white under way, change like a disco show if you wanted. LED's are VERY user friendly and versatile.

Can't have blue lights, period. Unless you are beached or tied to a non-moving object, nav lights only. Even anchored you can't run multi-color led's. MCSO has reminded me twice that they don't like blue lights, even interior lights that you can barely see from outside the boat. No such thing as spirit of the law out there. Must not be something they are taught in the academy.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
this is what the "performance boat market" has come to? led lights everywhere? its like xzibit from pimp my ride showed up to a marketing meeting.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty cool.

That said, I’ve never seen a LED that is tremendously resilient, and it would look goofy if it developed blank sections. Crap I won’t even buy a ceiling fan if the LED is built in.
I have LED’s on my trailer that have over 1,000,000 miles on CA freeways. Although not as bright as new. They are still working

old rigger

Reaction score
this is what the "performance boat market" has come to? led lights everywhere? its like xzibit from pimp my ride showed up to a marketing meeting.

that boat with all those led lights looks like a strip joint or whorehouse. Put a pole up front and you could name it “Deep Throat”.

Tank

Reaction score
Can't have blue lights, period. Unless you are beached or tied to a non-moving object, nav lights only. Even anchored you can't run multi-color led's. MCSO has reminded me twice that they don't like blue lights, even interior lights that you can barely see from outside the boat. No such thing as spirit of the law out there. Must not be something they are taught in the academy.

That's what I figured. Yea, like a vehicle you can't run with them but if you're docked or beached you're fine. Cool.

Wonder why they have such a HUGE hard on for blue lights on boats. I've heard numerous times people being hassled for it.

I get it, can't run around like a Christmas tree. Frankly, I hate having any lights on in or around my boat at night except nav lights. I usually lay a towel or something over my dash lights even. The lights FUCK with my night vision.

Last edited: