WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I spent 9 hrs in the ER yesterday.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
We were a bit worried about our 17 year old son. He has been suffering with headaches and dizziness for about a month.

Started off with his pediatrician who have him one migraine medication and referred him to a neurologist. Seems about right, I have migraines. Our son didn?t tolerate that medication well.

We get the neurologist appointment, it?s a zoom call. Dr. hasn’t been to the hospital and has only been doing zoom Dr. For 2-1/2 years because china virus? even though he is proudly 4X vaxxed. The very courageous Dr, he even took off his mask for the zoom call. 5 minutes into the call and Fauchi finds out our son had COVID in July. Insta-Diagnosis: long COVID and incurable but we can treat it. SMFH. What a lazy sonovabeach! Seriously, we waited 2 weeks for this quack and now we have a neurologist diagnosis of long covid on the kids?s record. Had to fight like hell to get the insurance to allow a 2nd opinion. It doesn?t seem possible in america for me to grab a fist full of cash and just hire a Dr for a 2nd opinion anymore :(

Well yesterday morning my wife calls me at work, kid’s headache is bad can I take him to the ER?

Quick look around the ER and it’s apparent that I’m the only one who will be paying his bill. Naturally we wait 3 hrs to be seen.

Check-in nurse, most interested in: ”Is he up to date on his vaccinations?” “Yes, he has all his childhood vaccinations” This is a recurring theme in this story.

Wait 2 hrs to be called, ER room nurse checklist: ”Is he up to date on his vaccinations?” “Yes, he has all his childhood vaccinations”.

Next nurse: ”Is he up to date on his vaccinations?” “Yes, he has all his childhood vaccinations”.

Finally the Dr, Young guy, early 30’s? Seems like a good doctor. He goes on to perform a pretty thorough examination, probably 1/2 hr.

Midway through the examination he starts asking my son about chest pains. The kid thinks maybe he?s had chest pains. Dr digs into that, sharp or throbbing? Here, or here? Has it migrated to your back? Lots and lots of questions, pushing and prodding my son’s chest.

I’m curious. OK, I’ll bite: Doc, what’s all the chest pain questions about? ”Is he up to date on his vaccinations? We are seeing a lot of boys his age with inflammation around the heart lately.”

Yea..really? Kid comes in for headaches and dizziness, Dr is checking him out for myocarditis? I’ll assume it’s because that’s what he’s seeing a lot of.

Anyways, I did speak with the attending and after bloodwork, EKG and everything, it’s most likely migraines and dehydration. We have a MRI scheduled for next week just to be sure it’s not something terrifying.

4Waters

Reaction score
We were a bit worried about our 17 year old son. He has been suffering with headaches and dizziness for about a month.

Started off with his pediatrician who have him one migraine medication and referred him to a neurologist. Seems about right, I have migraines. Our son didn?t tolerate that medication well.

We get the neurologist appointment, it?s a zoom call. Dr. hasn’t been to the hospital and has only been doing zoom Dr. For 2-1/2 years because china virus? even though he is proudly 4X vaxxed. The very courageous Dr, he even took off his mask for the zoom call. 5 minutes into the call and Fauchi finds out our son had COVID in July. Insta-Diagnosis: long COVID and incurable but we can treat it. SMFH. What a lazy sonovabeach! Seriously, we waited 2 weeks for this quack and now we have a neurologist diagnosis of long covid on the kids?s record. Had to fight like hell to get the insurance to allow a 2nd opinion. It doesn?t seem possible in america for me to grab a fist full of cash and just hire a Dr for a 2nd opinion anymore :(

Well yesterday morning my wife calls me at work, kid’s headache is bad can I take him to the ER?

Quick look around the ER and it’s apparent that I’m the only one who will be paying his bill. Naturally we wait 3 hrs to be seen.

Check-in nurse, most interested in: ”Is he up to date on his vaccinations?” “Yes, he has all his childhood vaccinations” This is a recurring theme in this story.

Wait 2 hrs to be called, ER room nurse checklist: ”Is he up to date on his vaccinations?” “Yes, he has all his childhood vaccinations”.

Next nurse: ”Is he up to date on his vaccinations?” “Yes, he has all his childhood vaccinations”.

Finally the Dr, Young guy, early 30’s? Seems like a good doctor. He goes on to perform a pretty thorough examination, probably 1/2 hr.

Midway through the examination he starts asking my son about chest pains. The kid thinks maybe he?s had chest pains. Dr digs into that, sharp or throbbing? Here, or here? Has it migrated to your back? Lots and lots of questions, pushing and prodding my son’s chest.

I’m curious. OK, I’ll bite: Doc, what’s all the chest pain questions about? ”Is he up to date on his vaccinations? We are seeing a lot of boys his age with inflammation around the heart lately.”

Yea..really? Kid comes in for headaches and dizziness, Dr is checking him out for myocarditis? I’ll assume it’s because that’s what he’s seeing a lot of.

Anyways, I did speak with the attending and after bloodwork, EKG and everything, it’s most likely migraines and dehydration. We have a MRI scheduled for next week just to be sure it’s not something terrifying.
My daughter started getting migraines about 3mo post covid and is a real problem for all ages post covid. Sux

traquer

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Just remember that there's a ton of things you can do during and post covid to help you get better. One of them is reducing inflammation and increasing antioxidant levels (NAC is the best supplement for it).

Read this, very important info that I send to everyone I can. Helped my family a lot after covid. We've never been healthier actually! https://hiddencomplexity.substack.com/p/things-hidden-series-how-to-heal

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
I was pretty surprised just how much effort was put into screening my boy for myocarditis especially since I didn’t think he was presenting any symptoms for it.

I spoke with him today, he is feeling a lot better. Seems like dehydration was the thing.

HotRod82

Reaction score
I was pretty surprised just how much effort was put into screening my boy for myocarditis especially since I didn’t think he was presenting any symptoms for it.

I spoke with him today, he is feeling a lot better. Seems like dehydration was the thing.
I had a bout of pluracy that landed me in the ER last year, I was asked 100X if I was recently vaxed or boosted. They told me the same thing they told you, lots of people coming in with myocarditis. Good to hear your boy is ok.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score

Totally agree. It seems SO hypocritical that they are all over his vax record nearly pushing covid vax and boosters and yet inspecting for myocarditis!!!!!!! HELLO???? They don't see the correlation?

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Have his vision checked out.

Long story short I had migraines for a month and a half straight….everyday multiple times a day…

Until I got glasses

No headaches, migraines, or. Dizziness after that
I use him when I don’t have my readers handy.

His headache started the day he came back from a BSA camp out. The theory is that his eating habits keep him on the edge of dehydration and 3 days camping put him over the edge and he never caught back up. ER attending also proposed a lack of electrolytes/salt

went to costco and picked up 3 cases of gater aid of his choosing. MRI today and force feeding him hydration is the current plan.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
You might want to consider having him add electrolyte to water…no sugar and makes it easier to keep hydrated, I find it much easier to drink than plain water.

299E2095-AA60-4B10-93E2-A91325D57D2B.png

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I use him when I don’t have my readers handy.

His headache started the day he came back from a BSA camp out. The theory is that his eating habits keep him on the edge of dehydration and 3 days camping put him over the edge and he never caught back up. ER attending also proposed a lack of electrolytes/salt

went to costco and picked up 3 cases of gater aid of his choosing. MRI today and force feeding him hydration is the current plan.

Pedialyte!!

That was my go to after cutting weight for a wrestling tournament

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Did the ER give him IV bags for his dehydration? They shouldn’t have let him leave without doing so.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I hope the MRI went well!

With my older boy, we have to keep on him to drink water. In his case, there are other contributing factors. In a nutshell, for him the water is needed to help flush toxins from his liver. When he gets dehydrated, a whole laundry list of things can and have happened. Most times, it ends up being chest or neck pains. One doctor said it has to do with how his body/nervous system reacts to the impurities in his blood.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Start a new deal with him. Send him out with 2 liters of water every day. HIs job is to finish those 2 liters every day, in ADDITION to anything else he drinks.

I am a fan of Smart Water, they come in a 1 liter size and help promote hydration via electrolytes (tastes good).

That will help him keep a guideline, if he's starting to get a headache, and notices he still has 1 water or more left...there ya go!

All I drink is water, I save all my other calories for Nitro (grape) and vodka at night...😈😁

500bbc

Reaction score

That is fucking horrifying on multiple levels.
Praying for your son

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, we haven’t seen the MRI result yet but it seems I spent $2k to find out my kid need to drink more water.
If that is the case, it's the best 2k you've probably spent;) There's been times we've been to 3 appointments with one dr. just to get referred to another...and start over.

Glad your boy's feeling better! Water's cheap and readily available.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
bummed for you and your kid. try the liquid IV, they have it at costco, dump a pack in a water bottle, taste good and its easy to carry.