WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I stepped in it last night....

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So here’s the deal.

You didn’t offend her cooking, rather you showed little appreciation for here significant effort to attempt to please you.

She went to a lot of effort to make something different, healthy and something you would hopefully like. You made her feel like a dick for caring. Start there with your apologies.

Also, hold the onions on the In N Out :D

And.... this.

Spot on.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol
FB_IMG_1535167315557.jpeg

JD D05

Reaction score
This is exactly the same scenario that happened a few months ago at my house when I tried to feed Mr.DB cauliflower fried rice with chicken.

It didn't end well for him either. Lol

Ugh sounds terrible

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I made my earlier comment joiningly, (kind of) as i think most everyone has. Based on how you described your relationship, she probably has something else that is bothering her. She will share when she is ready, until then, enjoy In N Out...or accidentally slip it in to her pooper.

500bbc

Reaction score
Let it rest for awhile. If she starts the conversation just be honest and remind her of how many years have passed with you enjoying and loving her cooking. And you never said a word this time...
After 38 years of marriage and 40 plus together I have only had a few of those meals. I will try almost everything, but if I don't like it I just take the plate and clean it off say thank you, and tell her if she enjoys it let me know when it will be on the menu again and I will make a sandwich or something.
It is hell trying to not hurt their feelings when these situations come up, that is a fact.
I just eat it, in 35 years has happened twice. She said, this sucks, I just smiled and finished my plate.

Shes not upset about the ne as l.

C-2

Reaction score
Can I get the recipe?

Tell her you posted the story and there are 63 pile on responses, but there's one dick who wants the recipe.

Think that will help? :D

It does sound kinda good...

Gelcoater

Reaction score
So I am used to some great meals. But last night she made this healthy mess that I couldn't stomach. A halved spaghetti squash, filled with stewed tomatoes and spinach. Those are three things I can't stand. Only mushrooms would have made it worse.

Now it was topped with a garlic fried chicken chunks and cheese melted over the top of that. So I ate my way through the cheesy chicken. That part was tasty. But I just couldn't go any further. Just.... blech.
That all sounds....Awesome.
Even better with mushrooms.:cool:

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just go make me a steak.
Btw, Jan has a cauliflowerrice/chicken recipe I love. Makes it with a buffalo sauce. Did I mention?, I despise cooked cauliflower.
James is suuuuper picky. He didn't eat ANY vegetables until he met me. Cauliflower isn't one of those. Lol

Reactions: DLC

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Sounds like junior needs to be the one who sucks up to your wife first (not his choice, yours). You are going to have to suck it up as well (after junior does his part) Just tell her, that for whatever reason, the recipe that she got from the Food Network star just didn't work for you.

Keep in mind that she tried something that she thought would get you to eat things she likes. She made it because SHE wanted it and thought she could get you BOTH to eat/like them too.
If either of them lost weight from eating this healthy alternative they'd blow away with the ocean breeze.:)

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
another vote for in and out....

We need video of the reaction.

Disclaimer: We here on this website have never been successfully accused of making good decisions so take this advice for what its worth. We might be just trying to get you in even more trouble for our own entertainment.
To hell with poking the bear with a stick. You want him to whack it with a shovel. Then run like hell.

For the op

I hope your couch is comfy.

Your doomed man.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
This is exactly the same scenario that happened a few months ago at my house when I tried to feed Mr.DB cauliflower fried rice with chicken.

It didn't end well for him either. Lol

Nobody eats that shit. It looks like a vegans brains. All pasty and yuck.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Got get an In-N-out bag and have it hidden near the table. When she puts dinner on the table go over and get the bag and put it on the table near your plate.

If I did that my wife would laugh about it. She knows me too well to go psycho over a meal. If she did she would expect some kinda smart ass reply.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Nobody eats that shit. It looks like a vegans brains. All pasty and yuck.

We eat a lot of riced vegetables in our house, long before you could buy it in the store. Cauliflower is pretty bland, like rice, and can taste pretty much like anything you want with spices and fat. Goes good wwith a nice steak. The texture certainly is different, which some people don't like.

But to just eat a head of the stuff, blech....

Taboma

Reaction score
I just eat it, in 35 years has happened twice. She said, this sucks, I just smiled and finished my plate.

Shes not upset about the ne as l.
Yup me too --- before I opened my mouth I quickly weighed the worst that could happen from
A. Eating the inedible looking muck
B. Declaring it inedible looking muck. It was unanimous, shut the fuck up and get it down anyway possible. :(

I was most pleased that before I'd finished forcing the 3rd bite of it down, she declared it total crap. Simply nodding my head just a little in agreement I laid down my fork and silently Thanked God :D. A can of soup was opened to finish the meal ;)

Some times it really pays to just suck it up :p

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Menopause - get ready for a roller coaster of emotions for the next 10 years with splashes of dingyness, forgetfulness, and hot flashes. Just when you think it's over, a few months later it comes back with a vengeance.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Situations like this are the exact reason I do most of the cooking.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
...about have past ten
you know that baby of mine wouldn't let me in
move it on over
rock it on over

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Naaaaahhhhh....

Disclaimer: We here on this website have never been successfully accused of making good decisions so take this advice for what its worth. We might be just trying to get you in even more trouble for our own entertainment.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Get her some flowers and tell her you need a blow job from her or her sister lol

Reactions: C-2