WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I think my wife and I are going to donate our stimulus checks..

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
She's been laid off and i do just fine, work is actually thriving. We have a few friends swimming with 20 lb weights around their waste and trying to just survive the day.

It doesn't feel right to sit on a checks and blow it on something stupid. Anyone thinking of doing this?

poncho

Reaction score
I would if I was getting one, wife said we get nothing?.....Grandparents are raising my In-Laws Niece and Nephew I have secondary custody of. Grandpa is going through Chemo and off work......Hard being 6000 miles away.

Good for you for thinking of others right now. 👍

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
The IRS will probably want their cut at the end of the year...
Document your donation.

Dan'l

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
She's been laid off and i do just fine, work is actually thriving. We have a few friends swimming with 20 lb weights around their waste and trying to just survive the day.

It doesn't feel right to sit on a checks and blow it on something stupid. Anyone thinking of doing this?
send me the checks.....

caribbean20

Reaction score
The IRS will probably want their cut at the end of the year...
Document your donation.

Dan'l
Yup likely gonna be taxable income to you so make sure you keep a little back to pay federal and state income taxes. A gift to a friend is not a tax deduction.

Any case, very generous gesture on your part. We need more of that. We aren’t getting a check but we did canvas our extended family to see if anyone needed help, thankfully everyone is OK.

Reactions: dmh

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
If I get one , i'm taking a pic and have it put on a t shirt so RD's daughter can make me a pillow...only thing the gov. has ever gave me was a warning

LC925

Reaction score
I’ll try to find the link someone sent me. Apparently the way it’s written, it’s not taxable according to a CPA that did the video. I’ll expect to pay something, but if it’s in fact not taxable, I’ll take it as an additional incentive.

Kudos to you for the thought of passing it on. I figure I’ll be starting my newborns savings account with it 🤷🏻‍♂️ Unless I can start an IRA or investment account for her.

caribbean20

Reaction score
I’ll try to find the link someone sent me. Apparently the way it’s written, it’s not taxable according to a CPA that did the video. I’ll expect to pay something, but if it’s in fact not taxable, I’ll take it as an additional incentive.

Kudos to you for the thought of passing it on. I figure I’ll be starting my newborns savings account with it 🤷🏻‍♂️ Unless I can start an IRA or investment account for her.
I stand corrected. Looks like they are classifying it as an advance on a tax credit, and thus not taxable. Hooray.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Very nice gesture.

When this first was being talked about, we were going to give back to our local, smaller mom and pop drink and eat establishments... but leaned no checks for us. Still will help out, just need them to open back up.

yz450mm

Reaction score
If I actually end up getting one, I'm going to cash it for new hundred dollar bills, then frame it and put it on the wall as a remembrance of this National Clusterfuk that we (hopefully) endured.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

cakemoto

Reaction score
Are you ready to donate your tax donation for next year

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I'm doing what the big boys do but on a much, much smaller scale. Hopefully it might make a dent in the kiddos future to avoid slavery.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I doubt that we will ever have to consider the option. We never get any breaks. Oh well we could be in the boat that needs the $$$$

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... Probably going to replace my hot water heater that went out about six months ago...
I keep meaning to order a new one through Harbor freight and then have the guy that Plummed the house do the install...
... How have I gotten away without a hot water heater for six months I simply walk out to the fifth wheel trailer or the Lance camper I flip the switch heat the water and take a shower ...if I need hot water in the house I’ve got a tea kettle👍...

Last edited:

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
We will be donating it to some local charity. We are new to the area and have to research which one. We haven't been effected financially by this and feels wrong to keep it.

bocco

Reaction score
I'll figure it out when I get it.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Yes. We're thinking of doing the same thing.

SLT Kota

Reaction score
What are the requirements where you get a check or not?

You get the full amount if you make under 75K single or 150K married, it gets reduced if you make that up to 99K single 198K married. If you make over that and you don't get anything.

Nordie

Reaction score
I read that they take away $5 for every $100 you go over

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
We donate ours every paycheck and now we will be doubling down as they keep giving money away thinking that is the solution to everything.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I thought you only get one if you make under 75k a year?

Reactions: DWC

SLT Kota

Reaction score
I thought you only get one if you make under 75k a year?

75K if you are single, 150K if you are married. Above that $5 is taken away for every $100 you make over that so it get phased out at 99K single 198K married filing jointly. You also get $500 for each qualifying kid 16 and under

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I'm not getting one, but the thought did pass my mine to donate it if I was getting one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I don't think I'm getting one but if I do I know a deserving young couple that needs it a lot more than I do.

boatpi

Reaction score
I got a big zero like others on top of that I still pay $552 a month for Medicare!

But if I got a check which I want I’ll give it away to somebody really needed it bad, not some shit bag but somebody that lost her job that was a hard worker.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Most of ours is already spent. I'll be able to get my truck fixed and registered, may be able to get the boat good to go for the summer as well (hopefully we'll get to take it out a few times at least). Also getting caught up on bills

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Ultra912

Reaction score
I don't qualify and my wife is borderline but it'll go by your taxable income which is different from what you make outright. That will qualify us as married.
You guys are making me feel greedy because We're gonna re-plaster our pool

rcmike

Reaction score
I don't qualify and my wife is borderline but it'll go by your taxable income which is different from what you make outright. That will qualify us as married.
Why feel guilty? You are giving someone work who probably really needs it right now..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How much are these checks supposed to be?

yz450mm

Reaction score
How much are these checks supposed to be?
I believe it's around 1250 single, 2500 married couple, add in 500 per kid. I think they're using your direct deposit information from your last tax return, rather than sending out a paper check.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I believe it's around 1250 single, 2500 married couple, add in 500 per kid. I think they're using your direct deposit information from your last tax return, rather than sending out a paper check.

I read direct deposit “may” start this week. Paper checks a couple weeks later.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Why feel guilty? You are giving someone work who probably really needs it right now..

I think that's the whole point of this deal. To help put people back to work.

A friend of ours was selling oranges From her backyard, to try and come up with a couple of bucks. Single mom. Husband passed years back.

I told my wife to go buy some from her. Give her hundy for a bag.

Maybe we can give the check to her if we get one. She Needs it a whole lot more than we do. 😔

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Mine has shown up in my "pending" transactions in my account, just FYI. It shows the deposit to be made April 15th.