I think twitter is done!!!

4Waters

Reaction score
The comments are gold, people threatening to leave the country 🤣🤣🤣

buh-bye-buh-bye-gif.gif

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
The comments are gold, people threatening to leave the country 🤣🤣🤣 bye
We should make a list of those threatening to leave and just preemptively kick them out.

None of this threatening to leave and then not like last time. Can you imagine how much better this country would be now if the last group of libtards were tossed out after threatening to leave?

4Waters

Reaction score
We should make a list of those threatening to leave and just preemptively kick them out.

None of this threatening to leave and then not like last time. Can you imagine how much better this country would be now if the last group of libtards were tossed out after threatening to leave?
I think we should set up a gofundme, I don't want these people spending their hard earned money🤣 on plane tickets

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
He defined "long hours" in previous communications. Any labor lawyer worth their salt would certainly put the communications together to paint the whole picture. Doesn't really matter as its revenue is objectively rapidly decaying by Musk's own admission.

You elite Marxist must realize though you have contempt for the wealthy the people you support are all wealthy and not one of them ever worked a day in their lives.

You hate Musk.
Tesla was a 10% company supported by kick start, all on paper when he arrived.
He invested his life savings and brains that took the company to 100% and it was Musk that made it work.

Musk employs 15.000 with good pay, good bennies, solid job security and pays more billions and billions of dollars in taxes than anyone.

You Marxists want all the credit. Total contempt for the constitution.
Your votes for these elite, promise something for nothing liberals are handing them the rope to hang you with. You get nothing for something.

Eventually they will come after you.

Remember the famous saying:

First the Nazis came after the Jews, then the infirm, then the Gypsies,,,,then the midgets, then the Ford owners,,, then they came after me.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
The pledge is also a mandate to work 80 hours a week. Might be a labor law or two that violates. 🤷
If these employees are salaried exempt (which I imagine almost any software engineer or other professional are classified) Twitter can require them to work any number of hours and not violate any law.

Point of fact Twitter can make any employee work 80 hours as long as they pay the appropriate OT for nonexempt workers.

I imagine Twitter is very bloated and this is a way to thin the ranks without a formal "layoff".

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
If these employees are salaried exempt (which I imagine almost any software engineer or other professional are classified) Twitter can require them to work any number of hours and not violate any law.

Point of fact Twitter can make any employee work 80 hours as long as they pay the appropriate OT for nonexempt workers.

I imagine Twitter is very bloated and this is a way to thin the ranks without a formal "layoff".
I'm a salaried exempt employee; my work week expectation is 50 hours. No one confirms my hours. It is usually more than 50. The harder I work, the better my bonus. I suspect those that stick it out with Musk and bust ass will be significantly rewarded. When we lived in Reno, I met a guy at a bar who worked as a production engineer for the Tesla Battery plant. He said his job was 100% performance based. He worked whatever hours he wanted. He worked all damn night without distractions and usually finished projects before and under budget. He said it was demanding work, not for everyone, but he made great money in bonuses because he learned to be more productive.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Kids and the younger generation don’t use Twitter. They use Tic Toc, FB and Instagram. Ask your kids what they use.
My kids and nephews and their group of friends use twitter. They ate all HS and college age.

Snap and twitter are their go to.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I spent my career in advertising working 12 hour days on the regular.

No one came to rescue me because it’s a woke industry.

Musk asks the same from his newly acquired Twitter employees and people lose their shit.

Last edited:

Dunerking

Reaction score
The comments are gold, people threatening to leave the country 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 1173569
Damn not that shit again! Just a bunch of typical hot air!
And my thought on the “extra hours” isn’t that why a lot of businesses put people on salary? Sometimes as a salary employee you win on the beating the hourly/week rate and sometimes you lose. I’ve been working 60-90 hour weeks for 25+ years,sometimes in town and sometimes out of town…it’s the bed I made and my family knows it. As of now I’ve been working across the country for 4 months and have 3 more to go,so I have no sympathy for people having to work 40+ hours..while being able to go home every night.

4Waters

Reaction score
Damn not that shit again! Just a bunch of typical hot air!
And my thought on the “extra hours” isn’t that why a lot of businesses put people on salary? Sometimes as a salary employee you win on the beating the hourly/week rate and sometimes you lose. I’ve been working 60-90 hour weeks for 25+ years,sometimes in town and sometimes out of town…it’s the bed I made and my family knows it. As of now I’ve been working across the country for 4 months and have 3 more to go,so I have no sympathy for people having to work 40+ hours..while being able to go home every night.
I have a family member that is salary and his employer was taking advantage of that, he started documenting start and end times and no lunch..... he took the info to the CA labor commission and he got a fat check as well as a several others and the company got a fat fine. He still works there with no issues, the company extended it's hours and hired a second shift.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I'm a salaried exempt employee; my work week expectation is 50 hours. No one confirms my hours. It is usually more than 50. The harder I work, the better my bonus. I suspect those that stick it out with Musk and bust ass will be significantly rewarded. When we lived in Reno, I met a guy at a bar who worked as a production engineer for the Tesla Battery plant. He said his job was 100% performance based. He worked whatever hours he wanted. He worked all damn night without distractions and usually finished projects before and under budget. He said it was demanding work, not for everyone, but he made great money in bonuses because he learned to be more productive.

90 percent of my working life was on commission. The more I worked, the more money I made. Worked 12 hour days if I felt like it.

Personally...

I kinna liked money! 😁

Singleton

Reaction score
I was salary, bonus (75% of salary) and commission 2014 - 2019.
In 2016 senior leadership decided our bonus needed a gate and our commission had a limit (over 250% of target, the commission percentage started to decline). 25% of my overall take home went bye bye.

New leadership arrived, eliminated and my job band (moved to another band, equal level).
In 2019, I moved to salary w/OT (OT budget is 40% of salary), bonus (40% of salary), plus commission. However, we still had a gate on the bonus and declining commission %.

In 2021, leadership removed the gate on the bonus and the decline in commission % starts at 400% of target.

Elon follows some of the same principles for his engineers that I got in 2019, but will not start that practice until those cancerous employees are gone.

530RL

Reaction score

Agree on exempt with the caveat that California Labor Laws do not mirror federal labor laws and are as one would imagine much more cumbersome reducing the number falling into the exempt category. There are already over three dozen labor lawsuits filed in California court since the change in ownership many seeking class status.

In either event, twitter does not need as many employees when the revenue drops from 5 billion in 2021 to a new reported run rate of less than 2 billion. So naturally headcount reductions are appropriate given the dramatic reduction in business levels as well as the increase in interest expense of over 1 billion per year for the buyout debt.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Agree on exempt with the caveat that California Labor Laws do not mirror federal labor laws and are as one would imagine much more cumbersome reducing the number falling into the exempt category. There are already over three dozen labor lawsuits filed in California court since the change in ownership many seeking class status.
Once again, more reasons to follow suit..."labor law" must not be easily translated into Chinese🤣

rrrr

Reaction score
He defined "long hours" in previous communications. Any labor lawyer worth their salt would certainly put the communications together to paint the whole picture. Doesn't really matter as its revenue is objectively rapidly decaying by Musk's own admission.

Instead of falsely claiming that Elon Musk stated all Twitter employees are now expected to work 80 hours per week and linking news stories that purport to accurately report Musk made this demand, you could have spent 90 seconds to find and read the original story produced by CNBC.

The executive summary:

Your claim is BS.

The real story:

It goes back to October 31st, and a piece published by CNBC. Some number over 50 of select Tesla and SpaceX employees were sent to Twitter offices following the October 28 sale to perform a specific task, with a deadline of the first week of November.

One immediate project is to redesign the company's subscription software, dubbed Twitter Blue, and the company's verification system (known sometimes as "blue checks" for the way they are denoted on the service). Employees say Musk wants that work done by the first week of November. The Verge previously reported that Musk wants to charge $20 per user per month, and to only give verification marks to the accounts of users who are paid subscribers, and would remove verification from accounts who do not pay for Twitter Blue.

Managers at Twitter have instructed some employees to work 12-hour shifts, seven days a week, in order to hit Musk's aggressive deadlines, according to internal communications. The sprint orders have come without any discussion about overtime pay or comp time, or about job security. Task completion by the early November deadline is seen as a make-or-break matter for their careers at Twitter.

Note that the story identifies "managers" as the source of the directive to work extended hours, not Musk. It also clearly states the defined task is to be performed by a select group of employees from Tesla and SpaceX in conjunction with Twitter employees, and is to be delivered in a span of a week to ten days.

The directive is obviously not a specific and articulated demand for every Twitter employee to work twelve hour shifts seven days a week from now on, as you have asserted.

Your lazy "research" and inaccurate claim is typical of individuals that cherry pick a news report of a news report, and twist the already misleading information into a completely false statement devoid of any relationship to the facts.

The actual source:

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
The platform as Musk envisions, unlimited free speech with no content moderation, does not support a business model reliant upon mainstream advertising.
Another completely false claim. Musk has clearly stated several times, the latest just hours ago, there will be content moderation.

Musk has faced near-constant criticism since taking over the platform as he has fired most of its senior leadership and staff, overhauled the platform’s subscription and verification system, and announced a number of changes to its moderation.

In another tweet on Friday, Musk assured he was navigating Twitter to prioritize "freedom of speech, but not freedom of reach."

"Negative/hate tweets will be max deboosted & demonetized, so no ads or other revenue to Twitter," he wrote. "You won’t find the tweet unless you specifically seek it out, which is no different from [the] rest of [the] Internet."

Your commentary about Twitter since the announcement Musk intended to buy the platform has been generally lazy and inaccurate. The two posts of yours I have responded to, this one and the one above it, are demonstratively false. Your credibility erodes further and further every time you post.

The source of my quotes above:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

In either event, twitter does not need as many employees when the revenue drops from 5 billion in 2021 to a new reported run rate of less than 2 billion. So naturally headcount reductions are appropriate given the dramatic reduction in business levels as well as the increase in interest expense of over 1 billion per year for the buyout debt.

D72A5C35-14F5-4380-B6BF-1B91E8CFC6CB.gif

Nordie

Reaction score
Remember that time the liberals tried to take down RDP and they didn't invite 529.673 to the club, but tried to invite Racey? Now Bobby has to clutch to 528.789.