WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I think twitter is done!!!

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
@Bobby V leg humping @530RL the last couple weeks is cracking me up. Did you guys have a strategy call or something?
C1D0A915-DD4A-4C8A-8FD3-52C1ACF75DEB.jpeg

retaocleg

Reaction score
musk is hella smart, he knows the company is losing 4 mil a day and those funding the loses are not going to fund it while he owns, loving nothing more than to drop the 50 billion in debt on his head.......i applaud the cost cutting/ free speech restoration, but i will never use it.......social media is the new cancer

Singleton

Reaction score
musk is hella smart, he knows the company is losing 4 mil a day and those funding the loses are not going to fund it while he owns, loving nothing more than to drop the 50 billion in debt on his head.......i applaud the cost cutting/ free speech restoration, but i will never use it.......social media is the new cancer
Smart phones is the cancer. Folks forgot how to have face-2-face conversations

brgrcru

Reaction score
The pledge is also a mandate to work 80 hours a week. Might be a labor law or two that violates. 🤷
So
Just trying to get all those back hours . The employees never worked , but were paid for .

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Agree on exempt with the caveat that California Labor Laws do not mirror federal labor laws and are as one would imagine much more cumbersome reducing the number falling into the exempt category. There are already over three dozen labor lawsuits filed in California court since the change in ownership many seeking class status.

In either event, twitter does not need as many employees when the revenue drops from 5 billion in 2021 to a new reported run rate of less than 2 billion. So naturally headcount reductions are appropriate given the dramatic reduction in business levels as well as the increase in interest expense of over 1 billion per year for the buyout debt.
I hadn't considered California laws, so yesterday I did a little research (it was frigid cold and snowy so I had some time).

No where did I find any limits on hours worked. As with Federal law, most everything to do with hours worked has to do with OT for non-exempt employees. The big difference between the two I can find is that Cali require OT after 8 hours worked and 40 hours, where Federal only has OT kick in after 40.

So, again, as long as Twitter pays per the laws people can be expected to work as many hours as needed. Salaried exempt? Twitter owns you.

AFA lawsuits,.maybe workers are going to claim they are misclassified as exempt. Which evidently wasn't an issue when they only worked 30 hours a week. Seems that might be hard to prove, but WTFDIK...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I hadn't considered California laws, so yesterday I did a little research (it was frigid cold and snowy so I had some time).

No where did I find any limits on hours worked. As with Federal law, most everything to do with hours worked has to do with OT for non-exempt employees. The big difference between the two I can find is that Cali require OT after 8 hours worked and 40 hours, where Federal only has OT kick in after 40.

So, again, as long as Twitter pays per the laws people can be expected to work as many hours as needed. Salaried exempt? Twitter owns you.

AFA lawsuits,.maybe workers are going to claim they are misclassified as exempt. Which evidently wasn't an issue when they only worked 30 hours a week. Seems that might be hard to prove, but WTFDIK...
My experience in hourly work drilling in CA is that, as you state, over 8 is 1.5, then everything after 40 in a week.
In AZ if you work 4 10’s and you’ll have 40 Reg and zero OT, but in CA you’ll have 32 regular, 8 OT.
After 12 you get a second 30 minute lunch by state law, but you can waive that if you want. Over 12 is double time.
I’m sure there are contractual waivers and of course the standard AG and Oilfield exemptions, but that’s the basics as I recall.

sintax

Reaction score
My experience in hourly work drilling in CA is that, as you state, over 8 is 1.5, then everything after 40 in a week.
In AZ if you work 4 10’s and you’ll have 40 Reg and zero OT, but in CA you’ll have 32 regular, 8 OT.
After 12 you get a second 30 minute lunch by state law, but you can waive that if you want. Over 12 is double time.
I’m sure there are contractual waivers and of course the standard AG and Oilfield exemptions, but that’s the basics as I recall.

Fair to state that all dev resources at twitter are going to be salary employees.

OT would not apply

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Fair to state that all dev resources at twitter are going to be salary employees.

OT would not apply

They got around that OT BS at the dealership when the service writers started crying about their (work) hours.

Dealership said...

You are no longer service writers, you are now Assistant Service Managers!

Management position = Salary position.

Guess what? Not a single one of em quit.

😜

rrrr

Reaction score

Did you notice 530 hasn't responded to my posts that blow up his completely false claim that Musk has mandated 80 hour weeks for all?

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Did you notice 530 hasn't responded to my posts that blow up his completely false claim that Musk has mandated 80 hour weeks for all?

Of course not. But if Musk were a outspoken, flaming liberal, he would be singing his praises and telling everyone how great Musk is.

530RL

Reaction score

As you point out it was 7 days a week 12 hours a day and that is 84 hours. The link to the demand for 80 hours was as you said, "completely false".

My fault, I was wrong.

Happy Thanksgiving

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

I don't have a bone to pick with 530, if I'm wrong (which I am... Often 😂 ) I'd like to know where so I can correct the memory files.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

The list of companies that want half the country silenced.

• Abbott Laboratories
  • Allstate Corporation
  • AMC Networks
  • American Express Company
  • AT&T
  • Big Heart Petcare
  • BlackRock, Inc.
  • BlueTriton Brands, Inc.
  • Boston Beer Company
  • CA Lottery (California State Lottery)
  • CenturyLink (Lumen Technologies, Inc.)
  • Chanel
  • Chevrolet*
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.*
  • Citigroup, Inc.
  • CNN
  • Dell
  • Diageo
  • DirecTV
  • Discover Financial Services
  • Fidelity
  • First National Realty Partners
  • Ford*
  • Heineken N.V.
  • Hewlett-Packard (HP)
  • Hilton Worldwide
  • Inspire Brands, Inc.
  • Jeep*
  • Kellogg Company
  • Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
  • Kyndryl*
  • LinkedIn Corporation
  • MailChimp (The Rocket Science Group)
  • Marriott International, Inc.
  • Mars Petcare
  • Mars, Incorporated
  • Merck & Co. (Merck Sharp & Dohme MSD)*
  • Meta Platforms, Inc. (formerly Facebook, Inc.)
  • MoneyWise (Wise Publishing, Inc.)
  • Nestle
  • Novartis AG*
  • Pernod Ricard
  • PlayPass
  • The Coca-Cola Company
  • The Kraft Heinz Company
  • Tire Rack
  • Verizon
  • Wells Fargo
  • Whole Foods Market IP
  • Yum! Brands

🖕 corporate oligarch faggots.

Sandlord

Reaction score

• Abbott Laboratories
  • Allstate Corporation
  • AMC Networks
  • AT&T
  • Big Heart Petcare
  • BlackRock, Inc.
  • Boston Beer Company
  • Chanel
  • Chevrolet*
  • Citigroup, Inc.
  • CNN
  • Dell
  • Diageo
  • DirecTV
  • Fidelity
  • Ford*
  • Heineken N.V.
  • Hewlett-Packard (HP)
  • Hilton Worldwide
  • Inspire Brands, Inc.
  • Jeep*
  • Kellogg Company
  • Kyndryl*
  • LinkedIn Corporation
  • Mars Petcare
  • Mars, Incorporated
  • Nestle
  • Novartis AG*
  • Pernod Ricard
  • PlayPass
  • The Coca-Cola Company
  • Tire Rack
  • Verizon
  • Wells Fargo
  • Whole Foods Market IP
  • Yum! Brands

🖕 corporate oligarch faggots.
Thats fine.
They advertised on Twitter in order to make money for the shareholders.
less advertising, lower revenue.
the competition thanks them.

Sandlord

Reaction score

• Abbott Laboratories
  • Allstate Corporation
  • AMC Networks
  • AT&T
  • Big Heart Petcare
  • BlackRock, Inc.
  • Boston Beer Company
  • Chanel
  • Chevrolet*
  • Citigroup, Inc.
  • CNN
  • Dell
  • Diageo
  • DirecTV
  • Fidelity
  • Ford*
  • Heineken N.V.
  • Hewlett-Packard (HP)
  • Hilton Worldwide
  • Inspire Brands, Inc.
  • Jeep*
  • Kellogg Company
  • Kyndryl*
  • LinkedIn Corporation
  • Mars Petcare
  • Mars, Incorporated
  • Nestle
  • Novartis AG*
  • Pernod Ricard
  • PlayPass
  • The Coca-Cola Company
  • Tire Rack
  • Verizon
  • Wells Fargo
  • Whole Foods Market IP
  • Yum! Brands