WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

From my Mustang to an AC Cobra, a build thread.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I just wrecked my first car tonight. Hit a deer tonight at TX highway speeds. I took it head on and it lifted me up off the ground. I then slid sideways for about 1/4 mile, at one point into a trench and then back out. Pretty sure I tagged a sign with my drivers door at some point too before coming to a stop. In of all places, a hospital parking lot. Im covered in glass and pretty pissed off right now. A whole lot of memories died tonight.

The mother fucker was just lying down in the middle of the highway. Fully alert and shit.
20200911_025808.jpg
20200911_031300.jpg
20200911_031249.jpg
20200911_031336.jpg
20200911_031324.jpg
20200911_031959.jpg
20200911_031310.jpg

Last edited:

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
And now makes 24hrs ive been up. Have been waiting on a flatbed since 230 this morning

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Maybe the pictures are misleading but it doesn't look like the car is a total loss. The only thing that looks bad is the driver side rocker, but then again there are so many parts available for those fox bodies now

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Sucks. We live in the mountains, between myself, family, friends, we've hit deer, cows, horse, cougar, turkeys, not counting the little stuff. But near a hospital at night at 100???

Wedgy

Reaction score
Sucks. We live in the mountains, between myself, family, friends, we've hit deer, cows, horse, cougar, turkeys, not counting the little stuff. But near a hospital at night at 100???

Let this be a lesson to you. Good you and everyone else who could be a victim is ok. But. Dude. WTF..
If you look up irresponsible in the dictionary..

Singleton

Reaction score
Be thankful you are walking around and not in the hospital.
Spending summers with my grandparents at the family cabin in WI, we averaged at least 2 deaths on the lake road a summer due to car vs deer.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Damn rats with hooves. Glad you're safe. Your car did it's job and saved your life. Get that deer and mount the head as a hood ornament on the next one. Good news was it's a short walk to the er...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Doing 100 on a country highway. With deer and other animals around. You're very lucky to have survived your decision to go that fast there
It's hollywood screenwriter practice. If he'd written 55-60 and a few hundred feet of sliding the dramatic affect would have been blah.
At any rate I'm glad he's ok and physically uninjured.👍

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Holy crap! Glad you were able to walk away from this. It could've been a lot worse. At the very least, you still have memories to look back on.

traquer

Reaction score
Thankfully you're safe. Fixing cars is cheap and painless compared to human life and injuries!

I've hit a deer once and almost went off on Glendora ridge road

shunter2005

Reaction score
You gotta be nuts to drive like that anywhere near Austin. Those snowflakes up there will want to file on you for cruelty to animals. Glad you are ok.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
He hit it over on Slauson Avenue....it was a South Central Deer..

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
in a hospital parking lot ?
On a country hwy. A hospital parking lot that was butted up against the hwy is just where i happen to come to rest.
If this is your "normal" driving style, you might reconsider the kit car approach. I don't think they would hold up as well as the fox body did in a similar situation.:)

just my 2/100 of a dollar

Not typically, no. first car wreck in my life. As said this car was my first car and I've had her over 15yrs with 1000s of hours of wrench time and countless irreplaceable memories attached to her.

Yes, it is my fault for driving beyond the headlights at night on a road that is known to have deer. You always see them but you never think it is going to be you who hits one until it happens

I am pissed because no amount of money can replace this one car and I only have myself to blame for losing it
20200911_073616.jpg
hit it back by the barricade in the distance coming towards where I was standing when taking the picture, the car is another 100yrds behind me.

Last edited:

Javajoe

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that man. My wife totaled her new Tesla yesterday but she is fine. She shed a lot of tears though. If you like to drive fast, better buy a safer car. Wife’s Tesla actually deployed an air bag at her feet. That’s just crazy. Then Tesla called her and said we know you have been in an accident, are you alright 😳. Be safe brutha. It only takes one time.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Let this be a lesson to you. Good you and everyone else who could be a victim is ok. But. Dude. WTF..
If you look up irresponsible in the dictionary..

Huh? i assume this was meant for the OP.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Yes. You are correct Sir. Carreer over. 5 surgeries later, looking at a 4 level fusion,, caused by irresponsible drivers, I just might be a little biased. Still have questions?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Yes. You are correct Sir. Carreer over. 5 surgeries later, looking at a 4 level fusion,, caused by irresponsible drivers, I just might be a little biased. Still have questions?

I'm sorry thats happened to you. I was running down a country road in the middle of nowhere. The hospital where I landed was literally the only building on that road for 5 miles in either direction. It took 6 hours for a flatbed truck to get to me. You can't honestly tell me that none of you drive fast down Rice road. But ya, that one is on me.

Fast? yes. Irresponsible? I have to disagree with you.

As far as a lesson learned, this car is/was my single most prized possession in the world. I built it in highschool. Memories of my first love, first heartbreak, several heartbreaks after that, a friends death (non vehicle related) multiple times my sister has OD'd, a suicide attempt on her part as well, making and losing good friends, good and bad times with my family as it fell apart around me. It has moved with me from California to Florida, Florida to Arizona, Arizona back to California, and California to Texas. She has been the 1 constant in my life up until yesterday morning so you bet your ass im fucking devastated right now.

Lesson or not she likely saved my life yesterday morning because I dont know how the fuck my head didn't hit that pole that caved in my drivers door. But right now, I have a huge hole inside my soul because of this.

Last edited: