WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I touched a GREAT wall today , bigly in person...with pics

riverroyal

Reaction score
So i was in campo at a flat track race. Vintage atvs. Kids mini dwarfs, cool little event
We took a polaris general to the 'wall"
I had no idea you could walk right up to it. Guess no reason you cant, just never thought about it.
We went to the old minute men post. Apparently they found a new location since the new wall works.
One pic shows whats left of the abandoned construction yard.
Kind of surreal. All humans know about the 'wall", to actually see it like this makes you really think
20210619_140410.jpg
20210619_141146.jpg
20210619_141012.jpg
20210619_141024.jpg
20210619_140440.jpg
20210619_140345.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
When the family and I went to Tombstone, made the run to the border. My kids saw, and touched the wall. We got to speak with some cool CBP folks that were curious what we were doing. We saw listening posts, UAV's and officers on quads. The most impressive, CBP "cowboys", horseback officers in the washes and grass.

DLC

Reaction score
Good Fences make great Neighbors!

You would think after all these years going just back to President Reagan we would have this wall built and figured out by now. Reagan been out of office for over 30 years…..

The cost of the wall is cheap compared to what we as tax payers pay for illegal immigration ! And that is chasing your tail in circles getting nowhere

instagator

Reaction score
So i was in campo at a flat track race. Vintage atvs. Kids mini dwarfs, cool little event
We took a polaris general to the 'wall"
I had no idea you could walk right up to it. Guess no reason you cant, just never thought about it.
We went to the old minute men post. Apparently they found a new location since the new wall works.
One pic shows whats left of the abandoned construction yard.
Kind of surreal. All humans know about the 'wall", to actually see it like this makes you really think View attachment 1015969 View attachment 1015970 View attachment 1015971 View attachment 1015972 View attachment 1015973 View attachment 1015974
IMG_0234.JPG
IMG_0233.JPG
IMG_0233.JPG

instagator

Reaction score
Supreme wall climbing kit / combo / Load hay and tie it down, under $20

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping to see pics of your China trip.

DLC

Reaction score
We have built a lot of buildings in otay Mesa and years ago there were strawberry fields right next to the industrial park, the Mexicans would run Accross the border pick the strawberry’s and when border patrol arrived they would run back Accross- cat and mouse type of game it was ridiculous to watch…..

They sold the strawberries to people waiting in line to come into America….

azsunfun

Reaction score
When the family and I went to Tombstone, made the run to the border. My kids saw, and touched the wall. We got to speak with some cool CBP folks that were curious what we were doing. We saw listening posts, UAV's and officers on quads. The most impressive, CBP "cowboys", horseback officers in the washes and grass.
its unbelelievable, i live here 30 miles from sasabe and the fence, went from 3 strand barbed wire to what you see now, death in the desert is rampent again, cbp has a tough job.

SixD9R

Reaction score
Question for some members- what better way to secure the southern border than the wall?
I’ll give you my answer. The wall is the only way we are ever going to keep the southern border secure IMO. And it really doesn’t matter who is paying for it because it will pay for itself. Sure, there may be a few that can scale it but that’s a very small number compared to what we have going on right now.
Rant over.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Question for some members- what better way to secure the southern border than the wall?
I’ll give you my answer. The wall is the only way we are ever going to keep the southern border secure IMO. And it really doesn’t matter who is paying for it because it will pay for itself. Sure, there may be a few that can scale it but that’s a very small number compared to what we have going on right now.
Rant over.
Mine field? Sentry guns?

instagator

Reaction score
Cameras and more man power create Jobs, to secure the boarder,

2Driver

Reaction score
I know a guy that was under contract building a small portion of the wall- small company.

He was owed $300k for his out of pocket cost when it came to a stop. When he presented the invoice they basically told him to eat it and by the way get your inventory out of the government holding yard

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I hate to be the bearer of bad news...... but the wall will be impossible to build entirely along the border. The upper Rio Grande comes to mind. Just look at pics of this area and you will know what I am talking about....... impossible! I am not disagreeing with the sediment here, just being realistic.

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
I hate to be the bearer of bad news...... but the wall will be impossible to build entirely along the border. The upper Rio Grande comes to mind. Just look at pics of this area and you will know what I am talking about....... impossible! I am not disagreeing with the sediment here, just being realistic.

Follow 170 along the Rio Grande in Texas. Same thing can be said, but there it is. There is a mile of it they say was the most expensive mile of HWY built in the USA at the time, yet there it is. Trans continental railroad, same thing, crosses through some terrible terrain, but there it is.