• IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 27

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Never going to happen....there done building cars shortly and are laying off almost everyone.

Go buy a Chevy ss asap they will be gone soon....I imagine all there us exported cars will hold value going forward

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
found a guy in Bellflower (?) that had 2 without motor and trans .

I'd like to buy them 100% turn key and not fight with rebuilding anything .

Can't find a reliable source for them down under .

dread Pirate

Reaction score
:champagne:

[video=youtube;N7uW_umBQkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7uW_umBQkU[/video]

sirbob

Reaction score
Those Holdens are hot in Oz - I've seen some pretty bad ass little sleds hauling ass when I've been there.

I agree with othes though - GM doesn't seem to keen on bringing them here. They have been making those for a long time but haven't brought them over yet.

The only thing close was the Pontiac GTO they had a while back - that was a rebranded Holden

DaBank

Reaction score
Never going to happen....there done building cars shortly and are laying off almost everyone.

Go buy a Chevy ss asap they will be gone soon....I imagine all there us exported cars will hold value going forward

What year SS do you like better the 16 or 17?

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
If someone would find me a 69 Nova I will swap them a VE SS commodore ute.

That's at Shepparton springnats, the next town over.

Pretty much the same on the outside . Trim chrome, key switch, dash trim, vinyl top ....

I had one of the first 1968 Nova's with a BB back then . 68's are different than 69>72's .

What about shipping and import fees, do you know what they are like ?

Finding a 'nice Nova' may be more costly than buying a UTE outright, don't know the values of either ......

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
What year SS do you like better the 16 or 17?

17 is the last year.Honestly I'm not sure they made alot of changes to the last year. I know alot of people were hoping for a lsa (supercharged) version but it won't happen.

I think that will be the one to have. I think a well cared for 6speed manual car with low miles will hold its value pretty good going forward. There pretty expensive and they will depreciate but than settle in. I have a friend that just got an order in for a 2017 and is hoping GM has the 20% off deal going when he takes delivery. Its a ton of car for 10K off.

GTO's are coming back in value

G8 GT's have come back quite a bit in the last 2 years. I bought my car for $17,500 a year ago and they are going for 21K now.....I think the secret is out that its a great looking v8 4 door that you can fix with a hammer and screw driver.

G8 GXp's never really depreciated...only built in 09 and still going for mid 30K's

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Those Holdens are hot in Oz - I've seen some pretty bad ass little sleds hauling ass when I've been there.

I agree with othes though - GM doesn't seem to keen on bringing them here. They have been making those for a long time but haven't brought them over yet.

The only thing close was the Pontiac GTO they had a while back - that was a rebranded Holden

The g8 is the one to have....

I liked my 06 gto but the g8 is holding value better and a nicer car overall.

IMG_8412.jpg

Jimmy

Reaction score
Pretty much the same on the outside . Trim chrome, key switch, dash trim, vinyl top ....

I had one of the first 1968 Nova's with a BB back then . 68's are different than 69>72's .

What about shipping and import fees, do you know what they are like ?

Finding a 'nice Nova' may be more costly than buying a UTE outright, don't know the values of either ......
Novas range from $20K-50AU ($15-38US)
www.ebay.com.au/itm/152405995003
www.ebay.com.au/itm/172415971199
I'm hoping to find something on the road for under $30k AU ($22k US), last I looked it was $8k AU ($6k US) to import.

A new stocks Holden SS ute starts at I think ~$34k US and they go up quickly from there.

What u want is a Holden Maloo, one of the boys at work has one and it looks nice.

www.carsales.com.au/bncis/details/Holden-Special-Vehicles-Maloo-2015/OAG-AD-12278167

Cray Paper

Reaction score
GM / Pontiac really screwed up by limiting the amount of GTO's coming in to the US as well as missing the mark by calling them GTO's. Same with the G8 GXP's. The dealers gouged the hell out of buyers and everyone thought they were buying a rare car. In the end, most are rare because they couldn't support the dealer price gouging. I've only seen 1 G8 GXP but have seen two of the Holden HSV Utes in the Seattle are in the last 9 years. It cant be impossible to import them because I've seen a couple in my home town, only saw them once though.