WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I win again - BBQ Stuffed Salmon

Xring01

Reaction score
At costco, they sell stuffed Salmon. We have been buying it for years, pretty much every Costco trip, means we are bringing it home.

I am prettty sure, I have perfected cooking it.

Prep- Load the Weber Summitt up with Charcoal, and 3-4 big chunks of Cherry wood, and kick off the coals.

Then find a nice cast iron skillet or what ever you have. Coat it with a bit off oil, and some butter.

Now comes the hard part.
In preparation for this dish. You have to go on line and Search ”Dances with Smoke, Lemon Pepper rub”. You guys know, I make the vast majority of the rubs that I cook with. But I have not figured out how this guy gets such great lemon flavor in his rub.

When I buy it, I buy 10 bottles at a time, which lasts me about a year. I dont go thru that much, I give some away to family members who also love it. Until then, just use what you got.

Any, put that lemon rub on the salmon. (IMHO its the best Lemon Rub I have ever had).

When your BBQ comes up to 350 ish degrees, put the salmon on the BBQ, and cook it till the internal stuffing reads 165. Thats what the costco instructions say..

I prefer to serve it with a Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay, but use what ya got.

While you have the bbq up and running... get some Zuccini, cut them lenth wise in half, and in half again, to get 1/4 Zuccini spears. Coat them with a bit of olive oil, and use the Above lemon pepper on them... Put them on about 10-12 minutes, before the salmon is done... day around 120 degrees internal temp, or your best judgement.. both should be done around the same time.

I will edit this with a few pics, if you try it let me know. I just love how you get the BBQ Smoked taste on the Salmon, but its not dryed out. Serve it with a bit more of the Lemon Rub, and a big ole fresh lemon wedge to squeese on top, with the Zuccini.

71E8AC76-3DE4-44EB-B9DC-59D92851D4B3.jpeg
758C0F6C-AEF1-404C-A0EB-12A85FCDFB0D.jpeg
809AEF8D-D602-4219-AB72-C09A50CDF156.jpeg

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Fantastic. Thanks for the page outta yo playbook.