WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ICB 26' Kool Kat

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
So a few weeks ago OSB and I payed a visit to check out Interceptors new 26' Kool Kat. I must admit I really like the profile of this boat. Chris the owner welcomed us to get in and look around and answered any questions we had. Another interesting thing ICB is starting to do is build their own trailers in house. From what I can tell from the one being completed for a 28' Kool Kat it's well built. It's no secrete I'm interested in one of these. Pending performance #s and cost comparisons to the other offerings, it will more than likely be the one I purchase. At the time Chris wasn't sure what he was going to install for power. He did mention the this particular one will be getting a full cap. I'll post updates when I get a chance.
Exterior shots. Not sure I like the black under the bow. I do however like the transom done in black.
IMG_2315.jpg IMG_2292.jpg IMG_2293.jpg IMG_2316.jpg IMG_2317.jpg IMG_2313.jpg
Interior shots
IMG_2312.jpg IMG_2311.jpg IMG_2310.jpg IMG_2306.jpg IMG_2307.jpg IMG_2309.jpg IMG_2301.jpg IMG_2298.jpg IMG_2299.jpg
Trailer pics
IMG_2274.jpg IMG_2275.jpg IMG_2276.jpg IMG_2280.jpg IMG_2281.jpg IMG_2282.jpg IMG_2284.jpg IMG_2290.jpg IMG_2285.jpg IMG_2286.jpg

l84theriv

Reaction score
Hey Budman have you seen their 28deck that is all silver with the red clay/dark tan color interior. The pics I saw were badass. Just cant remember where I saw them or I would have posted them here. Wondering if you and Joe might have grabbed some on one of your visits.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Boat design and proportions looks great...What is it based off of?

I will be the first one to say it I don't exactly love the looks of the Nordic deck boats but you would be very hard pressed to find a better built/rigged boat. The fact that they don't use wood is a big deal to me.

I would say the price difference between the two companys would have to be pretty big for me to take that gamble ;):)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I will be the first one to say it I don't exactly love the looks of the Nordic deck boats but you would be very hard pressed to find a better built/rigged boat. The fact that they don't use wood is a big deal to me.

I would say the price difference between the two companys would have to be pretty big for me to take that gamble ;):)

I would bet the 26 is under 100K

RD

rvrrun

Reaction score
Interesting that some of the bulkheads have radiused openings and others don't.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Hey Budman have you seen their 28deck that is all silver with the red clay/dark tan color interior. The pics I saw were badass. Just cant remember where I saw them or I would have posted them here. Wondering if you and Joe might have grabbed some on one of your visits.

Joe and I seen it when the full cap was being done. Chris had shown us a rendering of what the interior was going to look like. Seen it completed in Havasu cruising the channel. Looked nice from what I could tell.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score

I would agree with you about the no wood. But considering the price of a new Nordic to the ICB my pocket book says maybe the ICB. :D

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
They were finishing the rigging of this 600 in one of their 28' Kool Kats. This is the one going on the trailer they were finishing. IMG_2320.jpg IMG_2319.jpg IMG_2321.jpg IMG_2322.jpg IMG_2324.jpg IMG_2326.jpg IMG_2328.jpg IMG_2323.jpg

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I saw it up close in the Channel. Everything about that silver boat is over the top and the camel alcantra interior is beautiful. I think they said the system in it is something like 16k watts. Who knows, it was loud as hell though and CLEAN!!

Personally I am not a fan of the 28. It's the old Fundeck mold and is just a little dated IMO.

I am considering building a 26 like Budman, but want to obviously see some real world reviews first!!

I can tell you that it is under $100k with an 8.2 MAG. We would do the Merc 540 so not sure exactly what that upgrade will cost.

l84theriv

Reaction score
I saw it up close in the Channel. Everything about that silver boat is over the top and the camel alcantra interior is beautiful. I think they said the system in it is something like 16k watts. Who knows, it was loud as hell though and CLEAN!!

Personally I am not a fan of the 28. It's the old Fundeck mold and is just a little dated IMO.

I am considering building a 26 like Budman, but want to obviously see some real world reviews first!!

I can tell you that it is under $100k with an 8.2 MAG. We would do the Merc 540 so not sure exactly what that upgrade will cost.
Just a serious question Joe and not trying to ruffle feathers here but why would you go with a boat company without a track record for a new boat over a used Howard or Hallett for the same price used? Look at the deal Randy just got on the 29. I'm only asking because I'm right there with ya.

Sunset

Reaction score

Rob King designed it he does great work Ask DCB.

Singleton

Reaction score
Just a serious question Joe and not trying to ruffle feathers here but why would you go with a boat company without a track record for a new boat over a used Howard or Hallett for the same price used? Look at the deal Randy just got on the 29. I'm only asking because I'm right there with ya.

Can't find a used Howard deck under 100k.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I don't know......lol

I just really like the look of this boat and if it performs well, then it's going to be tough to pass up.

I want a deck boat and a new Howard is WAY out of my price range and used ones are like a freaking unicorn. The used ones are so high priced, I would rather do a new build at a good price exactly how I want it with Merc (warrantied) power.

Hallett deck boats are ugly but I would consider a Hallett 30 with the side door if one came on the market.

l84theriv

Reaction score
I don't know......lol

I just really like the look of this boat and if it performs well, then it's going to be tough to pass up.

I want a deck boat and a new Howard is WAY out of my price range and used ones are like a freaking unicorn. The used ones are so high priced, I would rather do a new build at a good price exactly how I want it with Merc (warrantied) power.

Hallett deck boats are ugly but I would consider a Hallett 30 with the side door if one came on the market.

I agree that 26 ICB has a really nice look to it. Im a younger guy like you so there only a few Halletts I would own and yes the Howard decks are unicorn like. lol. I do like the retooled Hallett deckboat but even with that with minimal power new I think its around 130k? And the new 288 is 225K so ya out of my price range.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Is this 26' shown here the same as the 25' listed on their site starting at 100k?

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score

Hey nobody knows my deal. . . LoL

I think these new Interceptors look great, obviously it comes down to how they ride/perform. If they are as advertised consider ourself one of the first one's to get a hot new boat from a new manufacturer.

The black bottom would be a "HELL NO" for me Mr. RD

l84theriv

Reaction score

I think these new Interceptors look great, obviously it comes down to how they ride/perform. If they are as advertised consider ourself one of the first one's to get a hot new boat from a new manufacturer.

I agree no black bottom. Definitley a badass boat tho. Perfect size to get into a tandem garage as well with a swing away. And still handle Havasu chop with no problem.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

I agree no black bottom. Definitley a badass boat tho. Perfect size to get into a tandem garage as well with a swing away. And still handle Havasu chop with no problem.
Yeah, NO GO on that black bottom. I would do something similar to this one with all an white (pearl) base and simple gel design. No more dark colors!! We would do half cap too.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Rob King designed it he does great work Ask DCB.

So it's not an old bottom with a retooled deck like the 28?

All new ground up design?

I think it looks great would prefer a full Bench and hatch with a nice usable swim step.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Yeah, NO GO on that black bottom. I would do something similar to this one with all an white (pearl) base and simple gel design. No more dark colors!! We would do half cap too.

The pearl white with the metallic grey looked so clean.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score

I thought I had more pics but it did catch my eye. Pretty good looking boat.

IMG_8089.jpg

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score

We are in this exact boat (pun intended). Talked with ICB about a 28 Kool Kat with a 520, and optioned out to the base Nordic, was Nordic money or damn close to it. (135)

curtiej10

Reaction score
Its nice to see someone trying something different. Tired of seeing all the new boats with flames and motor home graphics. Don't really care for the trailer, the lights are not recessed and the jack is bolted on.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I am curious to have a closer look. Even when i was at the boat show I tried to get a closer look but was pulled away.

I am not a fan of the black under the bow as I think it could reduce its visibility and being seen by oncoming boat traffic.

sirbob

Reaction score
I thought I had more pics but it did catch my eye. Pretty good looking boat.

View attachment 580781

I saw that boat on the water a couple of weeks ago - it looked a little bland from a distance, but I liked it a lot up close. As a capped boat I would be a little nervous with those tall flat sides however. I didn't see a Bimini top and wondered what that set up would look like.

I saw it again being pulled by silver Range Rover Sport - again, it looked great as a package!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Yes. After final fitting the 2 halves the overall length measured 25'11" so it will be considered a 26'

That the topside measurement then.

So its a 24FT boat with 2 feet or so of overhang?

UD

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I think it's cool Chris is going after a scaled down size market. The selection is vast for a 28 deck, not so much here in this 24-26 niche.
I think it's great to see a relatively new comer selling, and tooling.
It should give all the mfgs hope for the future, and a moment of pause.

Apparently what ever they're doing down there is working, they're still here and don't show signs of weakening.:thumbsup

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I think it's cool Chris is going after a scaled down size market. The selection is vast for a 28 deck, not so much here in this 24-26 niche.

Apparently what ever they're doing down there is working, they're still here and don't show signs of weakening.:thumbsup

I think they are breaking ground on their new facility in the next month or so and it is going to be bad ass! He is waiting to purchase some more equipment once it is complete so they can do a ton of custom fabrication in house.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Interesting that some of the bulkheads have radiused openings and others don't.

I saw that too, and was kinda wondering about it.

The system in that silver boat is loud as FUCK!!

ICB has been around for awhile now. I am seeing more and more of them in Havasu.

I would consider a Hallett 30 with the side door if one came on the market.

That's one of my dream boats.. I'd sell my Schiada and this toon in a heartbeat if I thought I could pull it off and have something with decent power.

I said I liked the black transom! :D

He's really busy down there.. Can't build them fast enough.

RD

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
So it's not an old bottom with a retooled deck like the 28?

All new ground up design?

I think it looks great would prefer a full Bench and hatch with a nice usable swim step.
Is that bottom and deck from the Cole
mold thats been laying around for years? Stan @ Crusader did alot of tooling on it awhile back and made a mold I know it was last seen
over at Carrera.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Is that bottom and deck from the Cole
mold thats been laying around for years? Stan @ Crusader did alot of tooling on it awhile back and made a mold I know it was last seen
over at Carrera.

Cole had a performance cat?

lol who knew:D:cool

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
There has been a rumor going around for awhile that there is a 25 Cole (Cat) mold laying around somewhere........

And ICB does have the 25 Cole V mold........

I hope it runs good and they knock it out of the park.....

I think the boat looks great wish they would use composites instead of marine ply.

templates and a router would go a long way cutting bulk head openings as well.

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
Cole had a performance cat?

lol who knew:D:cool
Yes he never saw it the tooling was started by Ron edle than was moved around
to a few others and Crusader ended UP with and finished it and made a mold. Jim never saw the finished product
before he passed away.

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
There has been a rumor going around for awhile that there is a 25 Cole (Cat) mold laying around somewhere........

And ICB does have the 25 Cole V mold........
Rumors true the 25 was there also long with the 22 and the 20 and the 28
if he bought the 25 he saw the cat.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Very cool thread! I like it and the idea of the market target

Can you get bank loans on a newer builder? I'm assuming yes

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
FF0908F1-62E4-4CE4-9FA5-0E671A9F339B.jpeg
9F98CA69-EF4C-42C8-8873-38717BFEB9BD.jpeg
0E00B854-0974-434B-BC93-A177D00291C4.jpeg
0920C32E-F331-4828-9C40-91AD8B14011B.jpeg
806DA02E-2306-4378-91D4-028B404508BF.jpeg
B0A3F616-D383-45F8-9610-6FA2FBF748AA.jpeg
E3228D26-0170-4998-8946-41125C813E3D.jpeg
F3C6F9F4-C010-46A8-8FB2-AADC90336310.jpeg
0F0C4CF1-2096-4ED4-9F38-04AC06CB4999.jpeg
0F7B6317-B893-4B4E-B8A6-1D02E7AB3D90.jpeg
1E368251-0562-44DE-9F46-EFE5F5E283D6.jpeg
7F98900D-2E2E-45BA-9C49-19783BF6FC54.jpeg
97922CEC-CEDE-4FA7-B7FE-6D75CA868628.jpeg
844A5318-16E4-4482-91E7-ED2D5AC8BAC9.jpeg
D6D0FA29-7145-439F-9FBD-DFEE94D4F61C.jpeg
4EF1623C-8D4A-4064-A566-AA86E44A4F3C.jpeg
0C143FAF-2BDE-46F9-9994-32D4AB80C73C.jpeg
DCED0AD0-BF05-403C-8CD4-28DAAEFADD25.jpeg
BD45122D-C8ED-4F50-A106-B496460DC264.jpeg
C58231C3-6656-4F53-8521-E4058DAC3FD3.jpeg
9A3C67E8-FB19-4B02-A07B-856ACF02A1B8.jpeg
OSB and I paid another visit to ICB last week to check out the progress. It’s been slow going, but at least progress is being made. The boat was in the rigging stage, and about 90% buffed out. I will be honest. I wasn’t a real fan of the gel scheme but after seeing it buffed out the colors really came to life. I still think it needs just a little something more, not sure what but something. I really like how the Interceptor logo was ghosted in. I also took a few pics of a 28 Kool Kat in progress. Was told both boats would be ready for the boat show in January. Chris was also telling us he has a few more 28’s on order and has sold a 26.

Last edited by a moderator: