WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ID housing nose dive

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Maybe a month ago they where selling but big market areas it has slowed . I have two close friends that own mortgage co and title and the real estate office . His comment is they should of saved there money. They pay him 1500 per month for a desk in one office he has 3 offices very wealthy Mexican guy

It’s “their”… just sayin!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Chinese Shit… HA.. you thought you could get me… but you got nothing… NOTHING..

Hopefully the fully sarcasm comes thru.

Mines pre China! It’s THAT old!
Wings last night were to die for!!
Going full veggie tonight, I’ve got my foil wrapped asparagus down to a science!!

My Traeger is all tricked out, aftermarket fan and everything!

Xring01

Reaction score
“The best laid plans of mice and men”.

I made $250K - $350K for years, bought 4 acres and a big ass ranch house with a 40K gallon pool!
Diving board and everything!
3 car shop, drag boats in every stall! Lol.
Had to sell the Hydro to make a spot for the corvette! The epitome of douchebaggery!!
In a one year span EVERYTHING disappeared except the Miller and my wife.
5 years later, all I had was a laborer job and the Miller…

Not once did I lose any hair or stress over shit like houses and cars and interest rates.
Our property was in the only possible county where even an idiot like me could lose money on a house. Lol

Do not fall into the trap of requiring perfect timing or perfect returns or any return at all.
It can all end with a single stroke of a pen, a single phone call, a single happening of a thousand different means.
I think back and can identify a never ending string of decisions and expenditures and vacations that make no financial sense whatsoever , and I don’t have a single regret, nor do I have a single grey hair on my head, and at 60 I can still grow a full head of hair!

My point is don’t get too wrapped up in the grind. It isn’t worth it.
Yeah, at 60 I still have to work some more. But pulling close to $200K working half the time is not too bad a deal for an 11th grade dropout living by himself!
😎👍😎

It took me way to long to learn very valueble lesson in life… I wished I would have learned it alot earlier… but I didnt..

The key to financial success is not about how much you make, its how much your keeping / saving / investing wisely for retirement purposes.

There are alot of people who made alot less than I have over the years, who are alot further ahead.
And there are alot of people who made alot more than I have over the years, and have alot less.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It took me way to long to learn very valueble lesson in life… I wished I would have learned it alot earlier… but I didnt..

The key to financial success is not about how much you make, its how much your keeping / saving / investing wisely for retirement purposes.

There are alot of people who made alot less than I have over the years, who are alot further ahead.
And there are alot of people who made alot more than I have over the years, and have alot less.

True.
On the other hand, I’ve been to 9 countries and every state and every province…
When saving for a future, and that future is taken from you, what have you left?
All that bail of money does is let you sit there and lament.
We lived like wanna be rappers for over a decade. I wouldn’t do a thing different. I can win this race either way!!
😎

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Oh know now you did @was thatguy . Their ewe go and correct a wrong. Two many times eye try to help butt then the Vin//grammar police told me too just let them bee.

You get a pass!!

The whole deal is, and Froggy was all about this, if yore gonna lecture people you better at least spell yore sheet Wright!!

TeamGreene

Reaction score
You get a pass!!

The whole deal is, and Froggy was all about this, if yore gonna lecture people you better at least spell yore sheet Wright!!
Never use to bother me but I've made a conscience effort to spell correctly and use the proper word in a sentence. The they there their they're deal bugs me but also sell sale and advice advise being used wrong.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Never use to bother me but I've made a conscience effort to spell correctly and use the proper word in a sentence. The they there their they're deal bugs me but also sell sale and advice advise being used wrong.

Lately I’ve taken exception to “boarder/ border”…

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I think most people just include it in their payment.

I think we’ve moved entirely into a payment driven ideology vs what things cost.
Yes. Leased cars, never ending payments for phones, subscriptions for everything.

I self impound. Every check an allotted amount goes to another account I control for taxes and insurance.

boatnam2

Reaction score
My sister has lived in KUNA 25 years unbelievable how much prices have went up there and the amount of tract homes, use to be a sweet ass little town, now its just an Idaho Corona.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Yes sir always impounded smart move hopefully everyone thinks that way

Actually, I don't have my property taxes impounded. I like to keep my money for as long as I can, lol. I work for myself and I want the flexibility on when I can pay it. I don't necessarily think impounding taxes is a "smart move", it's just preference. You just have to be responsible enough to have the funds ready by the time the taxes are due.

500bbc

Reaction score
Well when oil is cheaper gas is cheaper… wow what a concept. Last time oil was $120 a barrel gas wasn’t $6 a gallon. The 2 are connected but not directly.

The assertion that the 2 rates are not directly tied together is 100% accurate.

Who is “they”? Those are commercials put out by realtors. Just like they (pharmaceutical companies) say “ask your doctor if this HIV medication is right for you”

Well I don’t have the HIV so I don’t need to ask.
Are you sure?
When was the last time your were tested?

Water Romper

Reaction score
My sister has lived in KUNA 25 years unbelievable how much prices have went up there and the amount of tract homes, use to be a sweet ass little town, now its just an Idaho Corona.
3 bedroom, 2 bath cookie cutter homes are renting for $2500.00 over here just east of Boise. Idaho doesn't have higher paying jobs to support that kind of payment- seems the retired folks from out of state are the renters but still, how long will this last. Wish I purchased a few homes 20 years ago, but I was just getting by in So Cal.

boatnam2

Reaction score
3 bedroom, 2 bath cookie cutter homes are renting for $2500.00 over here just east of Boise. Idaho doesn't have higher paying jobs to support that kind of payment- seems the retired folks from out of state are the renters but still, how long will this last. Wish I purchased a few homes 20 years ago, but I was just getting by in So Cal.
I was going to buy a compound in Kuna for few of my family members to live on 3 years ago and part time it when i retired, but thought it was little high at the time, that was 400k ago. Cousin live on course at banberry , paid 400k or so 4 years ago, guessing its over a million now.

guest hs

Reaction score
If you can catch one of the last guy willing to pay moonshot pricing and then hold out for a few, she might be right. You might be ok just listing it and if ya get it you get it.. If ya don't stay where you're at.

We purchased a lot a little while back.. We are holding on starting to build on it when construction prices come down. That said I think our income is gonna come down right now too, so I'm not sure what difference it makes.. LOL.

RD
Told you it was coming toys and homes taking a huge hit. You said you were going to make a note about this when I mentioned it to see if I was right. Well what do think?

c_land

Reaction score
Idaho housing market is in a free fall. Seeing big increase in inventory with homes sitting on the market. 60-100k price drops are happening daily. Big home builder is now advertising all homes are getting 60k reduction, claiming lumber prices have dropped, so they are passing the savings onto the buyers. Only 30 days ago the house two doors down went on the market. They had 8 offers, it sold for 50k over ask in just 2 days. House right next door hit the market Saturday with an open house that literally saw only one couple look at it. Crazy how fast things changed.
Did this housing economist follow this thread? 😂 nice title @Tom Slick
I think their mountain region is Ut, Co, ID

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
The Fed announced last week that they “may” sell their mortgage backed securities. Sell a bunch of bonds...price of the bond goes down. Effectively, the rate goes up. They are trying to increase the rate...payment goes up unless prices come down. It’s intentional. Hopefully the dam of institutional ownership of rental property doesn’t break. If These assholes try to sell off...freefall.