WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Idaho Vehicle Registration Question

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
If one was to purchase a used motorcycle in CA that hasn't been registered in 2 years and register it in ID, would there be any issues? ID doesn't care about current CA registration do they?

getoffmylawn

Reaction score
If one was to purchase a used motorcycle in CA that hasn't been registered in 2 years and register it in ID, would there be any issues? ID doesn't care about current CA registration do they?

Not that I’m aware of. We NEVER have any problems with ID DMV. They may want to see it in person to confirm id #s tho. Call your local ID DMV and ask

srttruck

Reaction score
Expired reg no issue, you'll need the title and they'll need to either physically see the VIN or you can have an LEO fill out a VIN verification for you and take that in with the title.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Was it registered in californy? I had a Vehicle that I did not Register for over 5 years cause of two parking tickets,
Then tried to Register it, DMV told me the Vehicle was not in the system, they purge there vehicles every 5 years.
So all I had to do is take the vehicle to the DMV and they took the Vehicle id number, and Gave me a new registration, and new plates.
By the Way Echo Lodge Smart move to get out of Californy.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Was it registered in californy? I had a Vehicle that I did not Register for over 5 years cause of two parking tickets,
Then tried to Register it, DMV told me the Vehicle was not in the system, they purge there vehicles every 5 years.
So all I had to do is take the vehicle to the DMV and they took the Vehicle id number, and Gave me a new registration, and new plates.
By the Way Echo Lodge Smart move to get out of Californy.

Yes, its a KTM 500 exc. Reg for 2 years in CA. Owner did not register it past 2 years. Daughter recently moved to ID and I was going to use her address. Might just register it in AZ like I did my old school Rhino in 2007.

nameisbond

Reaction score
In WA all they cared about was the title. Bought a car in California from an estate sale. car hadn't been registered for a few years.

Tittyman

79 Sanger Picklefork
Reaction score
Idaho is closed....but all you need is title and registration...you can call the DMV and they will answer with a live person and answer your questions...