WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Idiotic Drivers

JayBreww

Reaction score
This guy thought he could use the shoulder, trucker didn’t let him over for almost a mile.

Attachments

• C6E07293-F746-4D5A-9327-D0CC788E658F.jpeg
    C6E07293-F746-4D5A-9327-D0CC788E658F.jpeg
    377.5 KB · Views: 353

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
The water is one thing, but the drive to and from the river is why we do not do holiday weekends. People post stuff on here every holiday weekend about stupid drivers and or stupid boaters. Have seen enough of it in person to realize holiday weekends are not the way to go. Let the newbies and and the ones that want to watch the shit show go. Last weekend was great water.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
It scares me to drive anymore.

I had a black TCP suburban pass me on the left shoulder and cut me off.

I had a semi merge into me so I had to drive on the shoulder to avoid carnage.

These were not "bad" drivers, they were agressive assholes.

Singleton

Reaction score
Took 7 hours to get home (SD) yesterday.
Left the Islander at 130, home at 830.
The I10 Whitewater backup took over an hour.

Only idiot driver I saw was leaving Havasu. Someone (black SUV with LB sticker) forgot to check his mirrors before passing (as I was passing them and another car) and cut me off. After that idiot, just had the normal, drive in left lane for the F of it folks.

Last edited:

Joker

Reaction score
I
Took 7 hours to get home yesterday.

Only idiot driver I saw was leaving Havasu. Someone (black SUV with LB sticker) forgot to check his mirrors before passing (as I was passing them and another car) and cut me off. After that idiot, just had the normal, drive in left lane for the F of it folks.
We tried cutting across from the 40 through Amboy to avoid traffic but it appears they’ve never fixed the roads. We were at 5.5 hours door to door.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I had a river whips guy I could have easily spun into the desert but I refrained since the wife was with me. It's a very easy truck to spot for future encounters.
How can you tell when a truck is 7.3 powered? The owner will tell you! :)

tires.jpg

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Took 7 hours to get home yesterday.

On the 40 yesterday, I spent more time in the slow passing slower cars in the fast lane.. AND, I can't believe the number of people towing boats that stay in the fast lane. GTFOver!!!!

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
On the 40 yesterday, I spent more time in the slow passing slower cars in the fast lane.. AND, I can't believe the number of people towing boats that stay in the fast lane. GTFOver!!!!
Yeah I have to say, after going home the 40 to the 15 yesterday (compared to going down to Parker and out Rice road to desert center), that the 40 was full of people that wouldn’t get out of the fast lane and were holding up traffic and forcing other people to get around them when possible from the slow lane (and tons of semi truck racing) and that was all the way to the 15.

At least with Rice road everyone is forced into a single lane and passing opportunities exist. Yeah more dangerous with oncoming traffic (only if you want to play that game, or wait until it’s clear) but then at least idiots can’t camp out in lanes they don’t belong in. Once you get to the 10 though, same problems as the 40.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Spend about 10 miles in the slow lane while towing and you'll soon realize why they're in the fast lane. That and you'll have to gum your food from then on because your teeth will have rattled loose. I wanna know where my gas tax money went.

I stay in the slow lane before people start flaming me.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
We drove from Oxnard to the river yesterday. The traffic going the other way was unbelievable and for miles.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Took 7 hours to get home (SD) yesterday.

Try the 74 over the hill from Palm Desert, may not be faster but nice drive unless you are towing.

Singleton

Reaction score
Try the 74 over the hill from Palm Desert, may not be faster but nice drive unless you are towing.
Have done that before animals. My dog does not do well with curvy roads.
We no longer drive rice because he would get sick on the up and downs.

wet hull

Reaction score
We went that route yesterday on way back to Vista. Left Havasu at 3:30 and home at 8:30pm

Reactions: mjc

welldigger00

Reaction score
My idiot story happened in the marina at the castle rock shores luxury mobile estates. This homeboy launches his boat, and proceeds to park at the convenience dock. Next thing I know is the boat is in reverse, turned all the way to the port, and backing up into the marina(which is very small) and the homeboy is in the water. He’s trying to hold on to the side of the boat and climb in. He lets go of the boat, and is trying to swim after it. Everyone was yelling at him to get out of the water, meanwhile the boat is doing doughnuts, and drifting towards my boat with every doughnut. The wind then finally blows it to the sea wall next to my boat, and another homeboy jumps into the boat, and gets it under control. Once they got their program together, they attempted to go make some high speed passes out in front of the castle rock estates. Needless to say the homies were not very talented, because their drive was in the trailer position, and they were not moving very well. It was a little intense for a minute, thank god no one was harmed. It made for some good entertainment tho.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Spend about 10 miles in the slow lane while towing and you'll soon realize why they're in the fast lane. That and you'll have to gum your food from then on because your teeth will have rattled loose. I wanna know where my gas tax money went.

I stay in the slow lane before people start flaming me.

This.

If you don’t like what the wake tractors do to the lake, why would you stay in the slow lane by choice?