WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Idiots are out in force! Post your Memorial Day pics! Lol

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
My last trip, I had to trailer with one engine, in the wind, by myself. There were 2-3 trucks waiting to launch (Islander). Two trucks sported RDP stickers.

I hollered for help, they just stood there watching me.

I got it on without any drama with no thanks to those spectators
Was this guy one of them?

1653795712950.png

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
It’s a pelter coupling, they have been around since 1834

Most of the better "electric coolers" actually have a small 12v compressor. The thermoelectric ones are usually only good for 25 to 30 degrees below ambient. Not enough for refrigerated items during a hot day.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Most of the better "electric coolers" actually have a small 12v compressor. The thermoelectric ones are usually only good for 25 to 30 degrees below ambient. Not enough for refrigerated items during a hot day.
You can stack the pelted couplings and get more but yea electric cooling is pretty expensive and inefficient.

I have a research hospital that needed some freezers protected against power failures and due to difficulties with CARB the building they chose to use battery backups, I’d have to pull the invoice but it was a lot of money to get 12 hrs… like what I paid for my 240 kind of money.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
Many, many years ago, (88-89?) @Instigator and I were camped at Roosevelt, Horse Pasture campground. At this spot, you back in, right in front of your camp.

We all had big trucks with big tires and even a few of us had winches.

100% of the time, we helped folks launch, pulled out stuck Motorhomes, you name it. If us helping them, made their trip easier or better, we helped. Never even had to get asked.
I was at Roosevelt all the time back then. Sometimes Apache.

vstdispatch

Reaction score
No way! Do you frequent the hall often? Last night was the real deal. I couldn't make it. Had a birthday party. But I'll be by today for some more bifanas and mussels.
No it was my first time went with my neighbor who is portuguese

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Ya thats him
Lol. I know some of his family more than I know him. But I know who he is. It's a small community, but it's a good time! Tonight will be the big party.

I'm sure you enjoyed the bull fights. The forcados, where they line up and catch the bull, is insanity.

vstdispatch

Reaction score
Lol. I know some of his family more than I know him. But I know who he is. It's a small community, but it's a good time! Tonight will be the big party.

I'm sure you enjoyed the bull fights. The forcados, where they line up and catch the bull, is insanity.
Last night was crazy some guys got jacked up by the bulls and the band was great last night

propcheck

Reaction score
My last trip, I had to trailer with one engine, in the wind, by myself. There were 2-3 trucks waiting to launch (Islander). Two trucks sported RDP stickers.

I hollered for help, they just stood there watching me.

I got it on without any drama with no thanks to those spectators
let me guess the two truck were parked crooked😂

E4L

Reaction score
You've got me, what Festa and where? I've been trying to put it together.
Our Lady Miracles in Gustine. Im actually active in 3 GPS Gustine Pentecost Society and TPA Turlock

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Our Lady Miracles in Gustine. Im actually active in 3 GPS Gustine Pentecost Society and TPA Turlock
I had our lady. It was the M I couldn't figure out. My parents and grandparents use to go to Gustines all the time for a Festa. That must be it. I don't remember ever making it with them. Tulare many times. Turlock and Gustine I don't personally remember ever doing.

Small world. Rdp strikes twice in a day.

Reactions: E4L

renodaytona

Reaction score
Can’t post the gruesome pics or video sent to me, but some friends were out at Moonrocks up here right out side Reno for Memorial Day. A guy was holding a fireworks mortar launcher and it blew his hand off. He stood there and kept drinking his beer before people made him get down to get help. Another guy took shrapnel from it to the chest and he ended up with a collapsed lung, lacerated liver and pieces in his heart.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
@RiverDave . . . from the bit of research I've done, these seem to be considered one of the better one's . . .

This is the one we have in our motorhome basement and we are extremely happy with it. Keep in mind, we are full-time in the RV. So it is our second fridge. I can control the temps from my phone. I am told an alarm goes off if the temperature goes too high, but I've never had that happen. It's dual-zone down to sub-zero, so you could have either side be a freezer if you wanted. 12V or 110. Not much better than ice cream in the afternoon at the river. While the Nevercold in my coach fluctuates temperatures from 35° to 55° on a daily basis, the Dometic is at 34° 100% of the time, unless I decide to change it.

Dometic CFX3 75DZ

Last edited:

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Can’t post the gruesome pics or video sent to me, but some friends were out at Moonrocks up here right out side Reno for Memorial Day. A guy was holding a fireworks mortar launcher and it blew his hand off. He stood there and kept drinking his beer before people made him get down to get help. Another guy took shrapnel from it to the chest and he ended up with a collapsed lung, lacerated liver and pieces in his heart.
You can't fix stupid.

Tank

Reaction score
Came home to this yesterday after kids football game.

My daughter was here, heard the strike. Went outside old dude got out and walked down to the bar. We get home I’m like MOTHER FUCKER (just had the house painted and wall stucco’d 2 months ago).

I call the po po but while waiting I walked down to the bar and find the dude. He comes back tells me he’ll pay for repair. I cancel the police, get his info. Fair ‘nuff. Painter coming Wednesday. 🤦‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
65DE8889-E82B-467A-9822-6FEE57A69D53.jpeg
CF0D904F-3389-4BED-AC1B-CE8C6085CE1A.jpeg
511B7DA7-F3F3-4016-A28F-1B488800D3C7.jpeg