WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Idiots...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The rally outside the state capitol in Austin, Texas, was in part fuelled by fans of conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who was seen shaking hands with protesters. Amid chants of "let us work" were calls to "fire [Dr Anthony] Fauci", the US infectious disease chief on the White House taskforce, the New York Times reported.

As John Roland, a militia leader in Illinois, told the BBC: "Re-open my state or we will re-open it ourselves."

Meanwhile Christian Yingling, a former commanding officer of the Pennsylvania Light Foot militia, called the protest "an acceptable risk".

"I'm gonna do what I got to do to feed my family," he said. "If it means I got to risk my health then so be it… and yes even potentially the health of others.

:rolleyes::(

Andy B.

Reaction score
Some might call it patriotism who is anyone to tell someone not to work and provide for their family? We're not all in this together if you don't let people provide for themselves not everyone can sit on the couch and play armchair quarterback and sit on their high horse and judge people. Not trying to start an argument just giving a different side....

There are a lot of people out there besides Jones he's just gets media attention well because he's a media whore like I said the media is anti American IMO. Be healthy and prosperous sir.

And I can guarantee you 90% of the essential jobs people are glad they are still working and bringing home a paycheck they're not being forced not to work like some others who had that choice (freedom) taken away!

Last edited:

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
The rally outside the state capitol in Austin, Texas, was in part fuelled by fans of conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who was seen shaking hands with protesters. Amid chants of "let us work" were calls to "fire [Dr Anthony] Fauci", the US infectious disease chief on the White House taskforce, the New York Times reported.

As John Roland, a militia leader in Illinois, told the BBC: "Re-open my state or we will re-open it ourselves."

Meanwhile Christian Yingling, a former commanding officer of the Pennsylvania Light Foot militia, called the protest "an acceptable risk".

"I'm gonna do what I got to do to feed my family," he said. "If it means I got to risk my health then so be it… and yes even potentially the health of others.

:rolleyes::(

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Desperate People DO Desperate Things!

Who Am I To Judge?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Some might call it patriotism who is anyone to tell someone not to work and provide for their family? We're not all in this together if you don't let people provide for themselves not everyone can sit on the couch and play armchair quarterback and sit on their high horse and judge people. Not trying to start an argument just giving a different side....

There are a lot of people out there besides Jones he's just gets media attention well because he's a media whore like I said the media is anti American IMO. Be healthy and prosperous sir.

And I can guarantee you 90% of the essential jobs people are glad they are still working and bringing home a paycheck they're not being forced not to work like some others who had that choice (freedom) taken away!

Yes, and some are playing quarterback from their boats while mocking those who take it as a serious risk.
Not trying to argue.
Imo, like most things that get knotted up on these forums, the answer is somewhere in the middle.
Some, like you, 94, etc have crusaded from one side from the very beginning. Ridiculing people for even considering that there may be a danger.
Others, like ALAN F, or members with statistically high risk dependents, have crusaded from the other side, slamming your actions as those of inconsiderate selfishness.
Neither side is completely right, BUT neither side is completely wrong either.
Frankly, you’ve never missed an opportunity to interject your view in any thread.
Don’t get me wrong, you’re not at 94’s level! Lol
I acknowledge both sides.
One of my most valuable friends has an extremely high risk dependent. This virus would mean certain death to that individual.
He has no choice but to isolate completely, and fortunately he has the resources to do that.
Words like “fear”, “armchair quarterback” etc are not words I would use to describe him.

I consider almost everyone on this forum as a friend, this topic has easily been the most divisive topic I’ve ever seen on RDP.
It’s brought crusaders from FB, turned friends into enemies, etc.

pkbullet

Reaction score
Do you isolate until there is a vaccine? The virus isn't going away, the only reason to slow the transmission is to not overwhelm the medical capacity of an area. Unless you are going to quarantine and shut business for 12-24 months than the decision to open the economy seems simply, cases vs capacity. I see a lot of people with masks or other PPE equipment, are they going to wear them until we have the vaccine? If not, why wear them now? The only reason I would over protect myself now would be if I was concerned about access to care or thought I would be significantly healthier in the near future.

squeezer

Reaction score
I fully support the isolation measures until we know exactly how this thing behaves over a greater period of time. My companies revenue will be down 60%, Bonuses are gone for now. I fully expect renters to stop paying rent. The financial impact on our house will be significant...

The fact is I don't care. This virus and lock down literally means I will need to work a few more years before retiring. (Still 13+ years in the future) It does NOT mean I cant feed my family or pay my mortgage. If it did then I am sure my perspective would be different. I would be looking for ways to keep food on the table without compromising the necessary actions to fight this thing. Demanding "Back to normal" shows just how tiny some peoples brains are.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Do you isolate until there is a vaccine? The virus isn't going away, the only reason to slow the transmission is to not overwhelm the medical capacity of an area. Unless you are going to quarantine and shut business for 12-24 months than the decision to open the economy seems simply, cases vs capacity. I see a lot of people with masks or other PPE equipment, are they going to wear them until we have the vaccine? If not, why wear them now? The only reason I would over protect myself now would be if I was concerned about access to care or thought I would be significantly healthier in the near future.

100% Correct.

I have a kid who is an Eagle Scout from our Troop who is now an EMT. He came in contact with a CV19 patient a few days ago. His sister just finished chemo, so now he can't go home. I told his family he can stay in my toyhauler, but they decided to buy one of their own (mine is too big for their driveway).

The shut down is NOT to protect you or me, it's to protect the people that will be caring for us, once we do get sick.

You're either part of the problem, or part of the solution. Choose wisely.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Life is not a permanent or guaranteed situation. Some people don’t seem to fully grasp that concept, Americans have become soft and seem to forget that if Mother Nature wants to fuck you up, your gonna get fucked up. I see this as nothing more than any other species die off, unfortunately it happens to be humans and I’m one of those LOL

This whole thing is like a wet paint sign, one way to find out if the paints dry😉
AE7518D9-3D43-4476-9C7F-2D29D9E6D6A5.jpeg

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
There are a few major differences in this mess than other financial hardships. Lenders are working with borrowers this time and the Feds are helping to shore things up and there is a foreseeable end. This was brought on by a Global Pandemic that effects the whole world rather than a few greedy elitists taking Veiled risks and selling those risks as solid investments like what happened during the Great Recession.
There will be a ripple effect that everyone will feel in one way or another for sure. That ripple will be greater for some than others depending on how well each person has been prepared but it will be a recoverable event for most. The less prepared someone was the harder they will be effected obviously.
Hopefully EVERYONE learns something about being prepared and starts planning and preparing for their own future rather than living in the moment. Economies all over the world will be in better shape if that happens but it is more likely wishful thinking for most.
Just my 2 cents.

NicPaus

Reaction score
They were protesting in HB. One of the guys in the video has since gone to hospital for shortness of breath. Tested positive i heard and potentially infected the rest of the protesters. Can win every battle.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Yes, and some are playing quarterback from their boats while mocking those who take it as a serious risk.
Not trying to argue.
Imo, like most things that get knotted up on these forums, the answer is somewhere in the middle.
Some, like you, 94, etc have crusaded from one side from the very beginning. Ridiculing people for even considering that there may be a danger.
Others, like ALAN F, or members with statistically high risk dependents, have crusaded from the other side, slamming your actions as those of inconsiderate selfishness.
Neither side is completely right, BUT neither side is completely wrong either.
Frankly, you’ve never missed an opportunity to interject your view in any thread.
Don’t get me wrong, you’re not at 94’s level! Lol
I acknowledge both sides.
One of my most valuable friends has an extremely high risk dependent. This virus would mean certain death to that individual.
He has no choice but to isolate completely, and fortunately he has the resources to do that.
Words like “fear”, “armchair quarterback” etc are not words I would use to describe him.

I consider almost everyone on this forum as a friend, this topic has easily been the most divisive topic I’ve ever seen on RDP.
It’s brought crusaders from FB, turned friends into enemies, etc.

I get it not down playing the seriousness to your friend or anyone else in that situation yes some need to stay home but don't take the freedoms away from the others like I preach be smart use common sense and if you feel down or something coming on staby home.
I would hope sometime in the future he can have a conversation over a cocktail stay healthy and well, your friends also.

Andy.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I fully support the isolation measures until we know exactly how this thing behaves over a greater period of time. My companies revenue will be down 60%, Bonuses are gone for now. I fully expect renters to stop paying rent. The financial impact on our house will be significant...

The fact is I don't care. This virus and lock down literally means I will need to work a few more years before retiring. (Still 13+ years in the future) It does NOT mean I cant feed my family or pay my mortgage. If it did then I am sure my perspective would be different. I would be looking for ways to keep food on the table without compromising the necessary actions to fight this thing. Demanding "Back to normal" shows just how tiny some peoples brains are.

I think very few are asking for back to "normal" with the flick of a switch. Most are asking for things to begin opening back up. It is has been proven that the virus is far less deadly to the regular population than previously thought. Most people would be perfectly fine opening up in limited capacities with places exercising social distancing practices, wearing masks etc.

Just because you can hunker down and weather the storm, does not mean everyone can.

If a homeless person stole a loaf of bread you woudn't care. These people want to go back to work so they can actually buy the bread.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I think very few are asking for back to "normal" with the flick of a switch. Most are asking for things to begin opening back up. It is has been proven that the virus is far less deadly to the regular population than previously thought. Most people would be perfectly fine opening up in limited capacities with places exercising social distancing practices, wearing masks etc.

Just because you can hunker down and weather the storm, does not mean everyone can.

If a homeless person stole a loaf of bread you woudn't care. These people want to go back to work so they can actually buy the bread.

Yeah, no...

DLC

Reaction score
I look at this as a big wake up call to provide/ protect your family. I am not working, but my wife is and she is busy, very busy. This is a good trial run for retirement I’m 52, and looking at what I’ll get to deal with when I do retire in 7 to 10 maybe 15 years who knows.

Maybe some people should have saved a little bit more, went with out the new car/ truck, boat, trailer what ever, some people will Always live week to week paycheck to paycheck they are stuck, maybe some people need to look at the work they do and reassess their situation. It’s different for everyone.

In the end we all have something to work on to make life’s situations better , going back to work and living the same type of lifestyle will put you in the same spot when this happens again and it will happen again.

squeezer

Reaction score

If a homeless person stole a loaf of bread you wouldn't care. These people want to go back to work so they can actually buy the bread.

Really... Where is that proof? What testing rate is significant in order to make that determination? Whats the reinfect rate? How long do the antibodies protect a person who has been infected? Can a person with antibodies still be a carrier?

A projection that says more people have caught this that we thought does not mitigate how many Dr's, Nurses, and First Responders have dies from this thing.

There are differing numbers of what the fatality rate is for this thing. 3.5% for seniors, .5% for the under 30 set... Maybe less than that, maybe way less than that...

So lets put this in perspective, lets say it averages .1% for the healthy population of the RDP crowd. With over 100K users that means 100 of us are not going to survive this thing. @RiverDave please give us a list of the 100 members you think should die because @LargeOrangeFont wants a haircut...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah, no...

Yea, Yes.

We were told to stay at home because of a virus that has a 3-4% mortality rate. That stat on its face was incorrect, but governments and the media ran with it.

We were told all hospitals would be overrun. We were told the "surge" would be in 2 weeks for 6 weeks straight. We were told hundreds of thousands in the US would be dead by now. None of that ever happened.

We have studies as of last week that point to the virus being below a 1% mortality rate, and multiple antibody studies are now showing that the number of actual cases (not reported positive tests) is 50-80X GREATER than previously thought.

This means that a shit ton of people have already had the virus, and the symptoms were mild, or non existent.

This is why NONE of the modeling was correct that was used as basis to shut down the country. They put in shitty inaccurate data, and got inaccurate models.

Since I have to say this caveat every time I say this stuff - I'm not saying this virus is not a serious problem. All I'm saying is that the virus is NOT as big of a threat to the vast majority of the population, and keeping everyone locked at home is not helping the situation much. We should begin transitioning to targeted quarantines of at risk people.

JD D05

Reaction score
Yeah, no...

Age groupCOVID-19 Deaths (U07.1)1Deaths from All CausesPneumonia Deaths
(J12.0–J18.9)2
Deaths with Pneumonia and COVID-19
(J12.0–J18.9 and U07.1)2
Influenza Deaths
(J09–J11)3
Population4
All ages17,229615,42849,0137,6765,411327,167,434
Under 1 year03,224280113,848,208
1–4 years26363122815,962,067
5–14 years19393303841,075,169

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Yeah, no...

She had meningitus already, they just did not know until she was tested.

Heartbreaking for sure.

It's just as horrible when any child is abused, raped, killed accidentally in car accidents, cancer, heart disease, AIDS, second hand smoke and any of the other hundreds of ways children die.

You can't blame people for wanting to just live their lives, if you have at risk family and friends my heart goes out to you....

But I don't want your fear to replace my freedom.

Do you have any friends with serious at risk kids? I know a friend who has a little girl in a bubble....it's certain death for her if she gets it.

They have not changed ANYTHING...nothing changes because they are already doing what she needs them to do to survive.

My own mother just passed away last week from fallout from this virus, so yes, I believe I get a say in how society acts right now without being "selfish".

Let people do their own thing, you do you.

Realistically, it's the way we were all living before this, and exactly where we will end up after herd immunity kicks in.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Really... Where is that proof? What testing rate is significant in order to make that determination? Whats the reinfect rate? How long do the antibodies protect a person who has been infected? Can a person with antibodies still be a carrier?

A projection that says more people have caught this that we thought does not mitigate how many Dr's, Nurses, and First Responders have dies from this thing.

There are differing numbers of what the fatality rate is for this thing. 3.5% for seniors, .5% for the under 30 set... Maybe less than that, maybe way less than that...

So lets put this in perspective, lets say it averages .1% for the healthy population of the RDP crowd. With over 100K users that means 100 of us are not going to survive this thing. @RiverDave please give us a list of the 100 members you think should die because @LargeOrangeFont wants a haircut...

Ok, you are making this too easy. The proof is in what has transpired in the last month.

Where is the proof that the virus is as deadly as they say?? Why have all the models been wrong? Why are there not hundreds of thousands of people dead like they said there were supposed to be? Why haven't all hospitals been overrun?

Oh I know... because they data they used to come up with all the models was WRONG!! If you believe science then you have to believe the data they have TODAY is more accurate than the data they had 6 weeks ago, right?

Avail yourself and read about the antibody tests they have done over the last couple seeks in Santa Clara County and LA county. The threads are in the COVID subforum. Both unrelated studies point to the number of people that have had the virus is 50-80X GREATER than previously thought. So why are there not bodies stacked up in the streets??? Because it is just not that deadly for the VAST majority of the population. It is likely millions of people have already had the disease without any or with very mild symptoms.

The latest data seems to suggest you are not likely to get reinfected.

Yes it sucks people have died, but to add to your stupid analogy, ask River Dave to pick 100 more candidates for death EVERY YEAR to represent people that die from the flu.

Unless you are old and/or sick the common flu at a .1% mortality rate stands a much greater risk of killing you EVERY YEAR for your entire life, than 1 year of Covid with a .1% mortality rate that has a disproportional weight towards those with preexisting conditions.

By your own admission the stats tell us that we should be focusing all our efforts on quarantining seniors and those with preexisting conditions. Not filling skateparks with sand, taking down basketball hoops, and forcing everyone to stay home.

For the record I did get a haircut already.

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Everything was shut down because we had no data on this new disease. No one knew what it was going to do. So they assumed the worst.

I don’t blame them.

All the actionable projections assumed the worst case scenario. (2-4% mortality)

They are now testiing, collecting data and building models on this thing which will take time. This will give us a full understanding of this thing. What we have now is nothing. Only guesses.

In the meantime we we are here in quarantine.

What has become clear today is the worse case scenario was overly optimistic. The reality will be something less.

If the data shows this was no more deadly than the flu then the reaction to it was an over reaction. We don’t shut down the entite economy for the flu. (.01%)

Last edited:

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score

By some estimates, if the economy stays shut down long enough, there could be 20%+ unemployment. Please choose 20,000 members that should go unemployed for 6 months to over a year. With long term unemployment, suicide rates go up. Divorce numbers increase. Mental health issues increase dramatically.

I've seen two articles so far: 1) Suicide prevention hotlines numbers have greatly increased and 2) in Orange County, calls to law enforcement for domestic violence and child custody disputes are up 25-30%.

But yes, let's do it to save 100 already compromised individuals who would likely have a difficult fight with the regular flu or pneumonia. We should play ignorant to deaths, depression, and forever changed lives from secondary and tertiary issues, right?

I'm not saying this isn't serious. It's definitely deadlier than the flu. The flu doesn't kill people like this is in New York City. Hopefully this 4-8 weeks of shutdown flattens the curve. But at some point, there is an acceptable number for loss of life to avoid causing equal losses in another column. Trading deaths for deaths plus years of a trashed economy doesn't make sense. All you have is "We did the most we could to stop the virus." Personally I'm more of a "net outcome" person than a "what makes me look like I care about every person" person.

hallett21

Reaction score
I’m still confused on why we are measuring the mortality rate against the entire population.

The way I see it, shark attack numbers should only be measured against the number of people who swim in the ocean. Bob in Oklahoma literally cannot be attacked by a shark so why count him.

Car accident deaths should be measured against the number of people who use automobiles. Grandma in the nursing home (I realize she may be transported in an ambulance) can’t be in a car accident for the most part.

Can’t die in an airplane crash if you dint fly etc.

Our population is a good constant number to measure against but even with a situation like HIV. I would want to know the likelihood of death amongst those who have contracted HIV. Those who are not infected really don’t matter unless we are discussing how likely are you to contract HIV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whiteworks

Reaction score
I think what impressed me most about everyone’s opinions on this subject is how much people seem to know about something people don’t really know about.

I enjoy perceiving things to fit my own narratives as much as the next guy👍 Time will tell what’s really going on right now.
B2914E9F-F318-4F48-9C25-C3DC38ED37AB.jpeg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yea, Yes.

We were told to stay at home because of a virus that has a 3-4% mortality rate. That stat on its face was incorrect, but governments and the media ran with it.

We were told all hospitals would be overrun. We were told the "surge" would be in 2 weeks for 6 weeks straight. We were told hundreds of thousands in the US would be dead by now. None of that ever happened.

We have studies as of last week that point to the virus being below a 1% mortality rate, and multiple antibody studies are now showing that the number of actual cases (not reported positive tests) is 50-80X GREATER than previously thought.

This means that a shit ton of people have already had the virus, and the symptoms were mild, or non existent.

This is why NONE of the modeling was correct that was used as basis to shut down the country. They put in shitty inaccurate data, and got inaccurate models.

Since I have to say this caveat every time I say this stuff - I'm not saying this virus is not a serious problem. All I'm saying is that the virus is NOT as big of a threat to the vast majority of the population, and keeping everyone locked at home is not helping the situation much. We should begin transitioning to targeted quarantines of at risk people.

The discussion should not be about who's numbers are better or more accurate...

It Should be about the best way to handle this situation.

Joining a protest is just fucking Stupid. There is zero upside to that.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
For those not following at home. They are presently doing antibody testing. It will take a few more weeks to finish.

What this will tell us is how many got COVID 19 and accurately gauge the mortality rate.

But it can only be done after the fact. So we will know for sure what happened AFTER this is over.

But the preliminary results are promising with a higher infection rate with a much smaller mortality rate.

Time will tell.

The common flu has a .01% mortality rate of those infected.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
When you get down to the nitty gritty, as described by more than a handful of doctors, this is a new variant of the flu for which we do not yet have a vaccine. If your body is strong enough you will survive. Ventilators are the last ditch attempt to keep you alive long enough to stave off the virus.

whiteworks

Reaction score

I wouldn’t say zero upside, those folks potentially removing themselves from the gene pool may be be beneficial to the species if they were lacking in the function of critical thinking😂

like it or not, phase 1 of non laboratory human testing has begun, Jethro will lead the charge and new data will be collected. Lather, rinse, repeat.😉

530RL

Reaction score
Peoples view of the seriousness of a problem is highly correlated with whose Ox is being gored........

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

The entire discussion is directly tied to the numbers. The numbers are what shut the country down, and the numbers should be what opens it back up.

Most of the numbers are pointing to keeping everyone at home has little gain. A targeted stay at home order of those most at risk is likely a better path forware for most of the country.

That may not work in places with very high population densities, but one single solution is not the answer for the entire country.

I'm not suggesting to protest, but it is their right to do so if they wish. I can think of far more idiotic reasons to protest than to protest wanting to go back to work or open my business.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
For those not following at home. They are presently doing antibody testing. It will take a few more weeks to finish.

What this will tell us is how many got COVID 19 and accurately gauge the mortality rate.

But it can only be done after the fact. So we will know for sure what happened AFTER this is over.

But the preliminary results are promising with a higher infection rate with a much smaller mortality rate.

Time will tell.

Its going to be a year before we even get to some half truths. It is certainly trending towards higher infection/lower mortality, which is a good thing. I've never see so many people want to argue about and deny good news. :)

charred1

Reaction score
I sure hope all those so desperately worried about others dying during this pandemic, continue doing their part when it’s over. A lost life didn’t seem to matter much before all this Covid shit. We seemed to just chalked it up to “it’s part of life!” The weak attempt using the death of a child to continue fear mongering over Covid is just sad. Unfortunately, more children die of other shit as compared to Covid. According to Worldometer.com over 10,942 children under the age of 5 years old have died today; there were 60,719 abortions today; 442 mothers giving birth died today; 11,877 cancer deaths today; 1,560 suicides today; 1,960 traffic deaths today. Those that truly want to save lives, maybe you could start by selling your car, then maybe your boat or offroad toy....this will most certainly help flatten the curve on all the other causes of deaths...no?

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
It will be less time than that.

They just got an approved Antibody test last week.

Couple weeks to do random samples. Couple weeks to crunch numbers. Results to follow

They have 5 ongoing studies going on right now.

The big hold up was the test approval which took a month.

This will all be over by then but at least it will guide the future.

Its going to be a year before we even get to some half truths. It is certainly trending towards higher infection/lower mortality, which is a good thing. I've never see so many people want to argue about and deny good news. :)

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Where were you with this bleeding heart approach when the illegal alien shot and killed Kate Steinle on that pier in San Francisco?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The entire discussion is directly tied to the numbers. The numbers are what shut the country down, and the numbers should be what opens it back up.

Most of the numbers are pointing to keeping everyone at home has little gain. A targeted stay at home order of those most at risk is likely a better path forware for most of the country.

That may not work in places with very high population densities, but one single solution is not the answer for the entire country.

I'm not suggesting to protest, but it is their right to do so if they wish. I can think of far more idiotic reasons to protest than to protest wanting to go back to work or open my business.

Good points.

As long as when the idiots, I mean protesters, get infected, they go off somewhere alone to die.

New York has already lost 31 first responders. Riverside, so far, has lost 2.

I don't care for Those numbers...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Link please?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say zero upside, those folks potentially removing themselves from the gene pool may be be beneficial to the species if they were lacking in the function of critical thinking😂

like it or not, phase 1 of non laboratory human testing has begun, Jethro will lead the charge and new data will be collected. Lather, rinse, repeat.😉

Doh!

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Go look for yourself. It all over the interwebs

Look up Stanford and USC antibody testing

What we are waiting on is the New York and National Institute of Health Antibody studies.

In about a month we should have a clearer picture

Link please?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Good points.

As long as when the idiots, I mean protesters, get infected, they go off somewhere alone to die.

New York has already lost 31 first responders. Riverside, so far, has lost 2.

I don't care for Those numbers...

No I don't like the numbers either. But between the numbers and the actual current situation, I think there is a conversation to be had about pivoting to respond to new trends and data as it becomes available, as opposed to simply perpetual shutdown.

I'm not saying this to diminish the COVID deaths, but people die daily for a variety of reasons. We are just shining a light on COVID deaths right now and clutching our pearls collectively and the daily casualties, but death is something that happens every day. I don't think that the COVID deaths are any more or less tragic than someone dying in a DUI or because of cancer. They are all tragic and impact people around the deceased.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I sure hope all those so desperately worried about others dying during this pandemic, continue doing their part when it’s over. A lost life didn’t seem to matter much before all this Covid shit. We seemed to just chalked it up to “it’s part of life!” The weak attempt using the death of a child to continue fear mongering over Covid is just sad. Unfortunately, more children die of other shit as compared to Covid. According to Worldometer.com over 10,942 children under the age of 5 years old have died today; there were 60,719 abortions today; 442 mothers giving birth died today; 11,877 cancer deaths today; 1,560 suicides today; 1,960 traffic deaths today. Those that truly want to save lives, maybe you could start by selling your car, then maybe your boat or offroad toy....this will most certainly help flatten the curve on all the other causes of deaths...no?

Well said.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
She had meningitus already, they just did not know until she was tested.

Heartbreaking for sure.

It's just as horrible when any child is abused, raped, killed accidentally in car accidents, cancer, heart disease, AIDS, second hand smoke and any of the other hundreds of ways children die.

You can't blame people for wanting to just live their lives, if you have at risk family and friends my heart goes out to you....

But I don't want your fear to replace my freedom.

Do you have any friends with serious at risk kids? I know a friend who has a little girl in a bubble....it's certain death for her if she gets it.

They have not changed ANYTHING...nothing changes because they are already doing what she needs them to do to survive.

My own mother just passed away last week from fallout from this virus, so yes, I believe I get a say in how society acts right now without being "selfish".

Let people do their own thing, you do you.

Realistically, it's the way we were all living before this, and exactly where we will end up after herd immunity kicks in.

The couple told WDIV Skylar developed a rare form of meningitis earlier this month after testing positive for the virus.

You were saying??

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Alex Jones is posted forth via the media because he has always been on the "fringes of reality".
There are always more sane, calm and eloquent individuals on either side of an argument. Those people will never be pointed out, as they don't help whatever is being pushed. Most of those being aggravated by those protesting, are probably either somewhat "set" financially speaking, or are working. Yes, it is effecting you, but not nearly the same as one who is living check to check, has young kids or such.

We all hear how the government will keep this afloat, and everyone will be made whole. I have little faith in the government doing either of those. Not that there are not very intelligent people in the ruling class, and not that they are intentionally going to collapse the system. Just like the virus itself though, decisions have, and are being made with numbers as they appear, not facts as they will be.

I'm 43, and in a bit of a unique situation. In many ways, I'm semi-retired. I don't live paycheck to paycheck anymore, but it wasn't long ago I did. I have never done a job that I could work from home. Now, I have to family members that could be classified as "underlying conditions". If things were as they were earlier in my life, I'd be sleeping in my truck to keep them safe, and keep making money.

What people don't seem to see, what determines what is and isn't an "essential" service? Why do we keep burger stands open, and not restaurants and bars? Why is new construction going? This seems much like the meme with the peeing section in a pool. If this is truly the hype and propaganda "We're all in this together", why are some deemed more "essential"?

Are the jobsites going do to the dollar amounts involved with banks, completion bonds and insurance? Maybe lobbyists worried about their trades?

Are fast food places open just to keep the masses from panicking, from spending their money more wisely?

I sure as hell don't know the answers. I just really feel that before someone can bash those that just want to work, maybe we should understand why some are allowed, and others are not. The "American Dream" should be open to all Americans, not just the "Essential Americans". If we're "In this together", shouldn't we be, well, together?

MSum661

Reaction score

Time will tell.

^^ Where the rubber meets the road.

Researchers in California found that the number of coronaviruses cases in one county, Bay Area, may actually be up to 85 times higher than what health officials have tallied, and say their data may help better estimate the virus’ true fatality rate.

In a dummied down scenario of the findings above.....If it were incorrectly reported that 30,000 people were supposedly infected in CA , it may turn out to be more like 2,550,000 were lilely infected. So if 1,000 people died from the C19 in CA the mortality %'s would be dramatically lower than what has been reported. 1000/ 2,550,000.
Back at the beggining, the CDC advised that any deaths suspected of C19 related, even if no testing was done, be classified as C19 related

WE need the anti-body testing,

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I'm staying home.

Not sure how selling my car or boat would help, but how about you go first and let us all know how that works out for you?

Thanks! 👍

Reactions: BTR