WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

If a Picture is worth a thousand words... 24 Schiada V-Drive

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Then this would be the longest article in RDP History. 24 Schiada V-Drive / 870 HP Brummett Motor / Ellis Trailer Revamped by ROKE.

This is the story of the build in pictures, First the Trailer...

8.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 9.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg

Attachments

• Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 199
  • original2.jpg
    original2.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 199

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The trailer refurb beginning at Roke Custom Trailers.

20.jpg 11.jpg 21.jpg 13.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 18.jpg 14.jpg 19.jpg 24.jpg 17.jpg 25.jpg 26.jpg 27.jpg 28.jpg 29.jpg 30.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 31.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Trailer Finished by Roke Custom Trailers

33.jpg 32.jpg 35.jpg 34.jpg 36.jpg 37.jpg 38.jpg 39.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Now we move Over to Islander Marine for a complete re-gel and blue printing the bottom

Before Pics

original2.jpg Original.jpg

Flipped over Bottom graphics Sprayed and Blue Printing

7.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Top Graphics Sprayed / Before wetsand and buff.
2.jpg 1.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Outside of Hull Gelled & Capped. They also removed the "step" on the transom of the 24's and gave it a cleaner shape.

done5.jpg done6.jpg done8.jpg done9.jpg done2.jpg done7.jpg done1.jpg done3.jpg done4.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lets take a look at where we are at now.. A Blank Canvas.

overall4.jpg overall3.jpg boattrailer3.jpg boattrailer4.jpg boattrailer1.jpg boattrailer2.jpg overall1.jpg overall2.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The Power is a Blown Brummett 540 setup conservatively to make 870 HP on Pump Gas. A pulley change yields a 1000+ pretty handily. The motor was recently sent to Brummett to be freshened up and make sure it was perfect.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The Interior was built and mocked up by ARKO here in Havasu. Custom Hatch and Hinges by Kornowski Kustoms here in Havasu

interior1.jpg interior2.jpg interior3.jpg interior6.jpg interior4.jpg interior7.jpg interior8.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The boat went to a couple of rigging shops but the owner lost interest in the project so progress was slow. My buddy purchased the project and took it home to Schiada and had them "Re Rig" everything that had been done and finish the project. These are the pics of that process.

rigging1.jpg rigging2.jpg rigging3.jpg rigging4.jpg rigging6.jpg rigging11.jpg rigging12.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have more detailed pics of the build from here, but She's all wrapped up and heading to the river when the water levels come back up! You will find her pounding the waters of Parker all summer long.

55.jpg 726.jpg 98.jpg 111.jpg 365.jpg 698.jpg

That is the culmination of some of the best shops in the industry working together to pull off an amazing piece of hardware.

Schiada
Brummett
ROKE
Islander Marine
Kornowski Kustoms
ARKO

SKIA36

Reaction score
I just experienced a seminal emission. Wow!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
i know that boats are money pits but realistically after ALL these upgrades doesnt the value of this boat skyrocket?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
i know that boats are money pits but realistically after ALL these upgrades doesnt the value of this boat skyrocket?

If the owner decided to sell the boat, I think he'd make money on it. Realistically there is just no 24 V Drives out there. Linder could tell you exactly but I think there's only 8 of them? To build a new one of this caliber would be cubic dollars, so used the value is quite high on this boat.

RD

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
If the owner decided to sell the boat, I think he'd make money on it. Realistically there is just no 24 V Drives out there. Linder could tell you exactly but I think there's only 8 of them? To build a new one of this caliber would be cubic dollars, so used the value is quite high on this boat.

RD

Since I had the calculator out, I got curious about how much a "cubic dollar" would be :) (I know its an old drag racing term) Phenomenal build, I have been excitedly waiting for this to be completed, truly a work of art. Thank you for the photos. :thumbsup

1 cubic foot of 1 dollar bills = $25,076
" " 20 dollar bills = $501,529

(this is all based on the volume of a US bank note done by some internet geek with even more time than me.)

ka0tyk

Reaction score
wtf is going on here?

attachment.php

that looks "custom" :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
wtf is going on here?

attachment.php

that looks "custom" :D

I saw that too and was thinking WTF? Lol.. I think it is to help get the wheel spacing closer with leaf springs.. Not sure though. I think it is correct though because it looks like ROKE elected to keep it when they refurbished the trailer.. I think they would have changed it if its wrong. Maybe someone with some trailer knowledge can explain that.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
I saw that too and was thinking WTF? Lol.. I think it is to help get the wheel spacing closer with leaf springs.. Not sure though. I think it is correct though because it looks like ROKE elected to keep it when they refurbished the trailer.. I think they would have changed it if its wrong. Maybe someone with some trailer knowledge can explain that.

the only thing i can think of is that it locks the first axle in place so when you go over a driveway it doesnt articulate all over the place and drag on the rollers in the prop guard as much. it just looks kinda hokey to me and like it was added after the fact.

do you think adding the bars to support the walkable inserts in the trailer add some to the structural rigidity? I would like to do this to my trailer and it looks pretty straightforward. do you know if they treat the panels in any type of water sealer or resin to help keep em waterproof? id imagine it help keeps the bottom of the boat clean as well when towing.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Just to drive this home a bit, I shot pics of this boat at Islander Marine, its flawless, best I've ever seen. Here are a couple of pics that are almost able to convey how straight and clean this hull is without actually seeing it in person. The reflections tell the whole story, they dont pop out of the mold like this, not by a long shot. This hull has been massaged to perfection, I can only imagine the finished product seeing who else has had there hands on it. This is "The 24 Shiada" to have.:thumbsup

Attachments

• 24_shi.jpg
    24_shi.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 170
  • schi1.jpg
    schi1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 158

sfury

Reaction score
wtf is going on here?

attachment.php

that looks "custom" :D[/QUO

With a triple axle trailer the center ends up with two rockers and it will walk causing center tires to shread. They make a shackle kit for this that corrects it but looks like he didn't want to spend the money.:rolleyes

Attachments

• es3.gif
    es3.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 833
Last edited:

Enen

Reaction score
Congrats Tom! I give it 2 weeks before the boat is back at Brummett for a pulley upgrade :)

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Speechless :thumbup:

This one, the wood decker, and OD1's running 3 wide up the strip would be a hell of a picture.

Thanks for posting RD.

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
Thanks for the story on this one Dave, I was just getting ready to ask what happened to this Build.:thumbup:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
wtf is going on here?

attachment.php

that looks "custom" :D[/QUO

With a triple axle trailer the center ends up with two rockers and it will walk causing center tires to shread. They make a shackle kit for this that corrects it but looks like he didn't want to spend the money.:rolleyes

It's to keep the center shackles from flopping over.. I looked at my trailer today and talked to Stan at Schiada about it..

edabu2uq.jpg

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

Prevents shackle flipping, most people never notice or pay attention, if you go around and look at 10 triple axle trailers, probably 5 of them have flipped shackles on them. It happens when you get too much articulation going over a driveway etc. The pivot hanger will go to max angle and a shackle will go passed center and flip moving the spring to the bottom side, instead of the top where it belongs. They are a pain in the ass to unflip, you end up needing 2, sometimes jacks, combos of floor and bottles, to get them all flipped the right way without another one going wrong in the process....

Anyway when the shackles flip it starts unevenly loading the wheels, and reduces the ability of the suspension to work properly, binds up into the trailer, can wear holes and notches into the parts. Basically not good stuff.

Edit: By the way, boat turned out gorgeous, what a turn around from the condition it was originally in.

Last edited:

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Prevents shackle flipping, most people never notice or pay attention, if you go around and look at 10 triple axle trailers, probably 5 of them have flipped shackles on them. It happens when you get too much articulation going over a driveway etc. The pivot hanger will go to max angle and a shackle will go passed center and flip moving the spring to the bottom side, instead of the top where it belongs. They are a pain in the ass to unflip, you end up needing 2, sometimes jacks, combos of floor and bottles, to get them all flipped the right way without another one going wrong in the process....

Anyway when the shackles flip it starts unevenly loading the wheels, and reduces the ability of the suspension to work properly, binds up into the trailer, can wear holes and notches into the parts. Basically not good stuff.

Edit: By the way, boat turned out gorgeous, what a turn around from the condition it was originally in.

excellent information, im looking for convert to a triple axle and the guy from the trailer supply store didnt mention ANY of this... grr. threads like these are great for people like me so we know how to do things the right way...

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Ok so I have a few questions. How long did it take from beginning to end? What shop did what work? What size motor and any specs? Looks like a blower motor, was it rebuilt, brand new? What changes were made to the inside of the boat? Was the V-drive rigging and plumbing changed at all or were all the parts just replaced with new? What was the original motor package? Noticed no windshield on this one, is the front helm designed the same and he opted not to use the windshield?

Loving this boat just want to know more details whether there are pics or not :)

~NORD~

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

It is a pain to fix. Lol.

Torsion axles are so much easier.

dekman

Dekman
Reaction score
Beautiful Boat!

Was this boat used up on Lake Arrowhead in the 80's? I remember a 24' that used to cruise the lake and this kinda' reminded me of that boat.....
Original Schiada 24.jpg

Reaction score
I believe it's the one. Used to be owned by the Neesons. I think that pick is the right side of blue jay bay heading back toward the bridge

tony

Reaction score
Just some pictures Lee let me take during the rigging process hope you enjoy them!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 171

tony

Reaction score
Lee sent some of these pictures to me with the message I shouldn't be sending these to you I know it's salt in the wounds!!! And I would say he's right..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 138

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I need to stop reading things on RDP in the middle of the night. After looking through this thread, I had a dream that I bought the boat from Tom, then sunk it in the Key's because I forgot to put the plug in hahaha:eek
I woke up in a sweat :thumbsdown