WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

If it wasn't for bad luck.......

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I'd have no luck at all. Left signing our 2 oldest girls up for next school year at a very good charter school and we're heading to our State Farm office to drop off a check and a driver apparently didn't see us coming through the intersection and turned right into us..... Thank God for driving a Yukon and really good car seats. All 5 of us are ok. Rolled the sucker 3 times and landed on it's wheels.

So...... Who's selling a relatively cheap Yukon XL or Subtub? View attachment 844339 View attachment 844340
0212201627a_HDR.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Dang!!! Good that you all were alright

sintax

Reaction score
man, thats stressful with kids. Glad you came out alright.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Holy crap glad to hear y’all are ok...especially after a rollover!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Right now,immediately you need proper representation.I think you know the meaning.Incredible miracle all of you are ok,but please be observant all of you are really ok.
Before I even posted this thread, I called ol' Riverbound for advice and were going to head it i believe. Definitely going to go check the entire family checked out at the ER. I'm already getting some pains showing up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RichL

Reaction score
Good to hear everyone appears to be OK but probably still best to get checked to be sure.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Good call on Riverbound,another miracle they all walked away.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Deleting this won't change anything. We denied an ambo ride on scene and it's still within a few hours of the accident. Shock and adrenaline still hasn't even completely wore off. I probably won't post anything further about it going forward but that's about it.

Nordie

Reaction score
Glad everyone is safe that's amazing! Everyone is right might as well have it deleted.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Good to see everyone is OK, that’s scary shit with the family in the car… I would Get everyone checked out ASAP and get a lawyer. You will be getting a new SUV when this is over once the police report comes out.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Glad you and the family are ok.

Keeping details to a minimum on a public forum is best practice for sure. Insurance companies jump at any chance to say people weren’t injured that bad. With auto accidents, the pain can often increase over the first few days post collision.

wallnutz

Reaction score

Keeping details to a minimum on a public forum is best practice for sure. Insurance companies jump at any chance to say people weren’t injured that bad. With auto accidents, the pain can often increase over the first few days post collision.
When my son fell asleep at the wheel and went almost head on into a bridge he didn’t have any pain for four days then he noticed a bruise forming on his shoulder and the pain started to kick in. Turns out he had severe muscle strains all up and down his back and neck.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Damn Kevin! I'm glad that you are all alive and well.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Before I even posted this thread, I called ol' Riverbound for advice and were going to head it i believe. Definitely going to go check the entire family checked out at the ER. I'm already getting some pains showing up.

? here. You have not even gone to the ER yet,but are posting like nothing happened and worrying about a different vehicle.:confused:

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Damn... glad everyone is ok!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

the only opinions that are really important are those of the Drs. treating him and his family.

I felt I was fine after my accident and once the adrenaline wore off and a few days later, I quickly realized I wasn’t. There are certain issues I have now that will probably follow me the rest of my life. To this day if asked....my family and my self are fine because we know what other outcome could have been. But the reality is there are permanent scars and injuries that are just now the norm.

oldschool

Reaction score
Glad to hear everyone is OK. I would still get everyone checked out just to be sure. Best case is everyone is fine. I do have a nice 07 Denali XL for sale in the classified section.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
the only opinions that are really important are those of the Drs. treating him and his family.

I felt I was fine after my accident and once the adrenaline wore off and a few days later, I quickly realized I wasn’t. There are certain issues I have now that will probably follow me the rest of my life. To this day if asked....my family and my self are fine because we know what other outcome could have been. But the reality is there are permanent scars and injuries that are just now the norm.

I agree. I just know a bunch of guys on RDP are tough guys that will try to go to work the day after they lost an arm.

Treating is by far the #1 priority but it doesn’t mean people can’t also have the information necessary to make sure they’re not out of pocket for that treatment in the end.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I agree. I just know a bunch of guys on RDP are tough guys that will try to go to work the day after they lost an arm.

Treating is by far the #1 priority but it doesn’t mean people can’t also have the information necessary to make sure they’re not out of pocket for that treatment in the end.

I hear yah. I went right back to work. things got worse.

Your ad here

Reaction score
3 rolls must have been brutal. Glad to hear no major injuries. If I remember correctly you recently moved to Tucson? One thing about driving in Az is you have to be alert and expect the worse because 100% of the time the other driver will pull out in front of you or cause an accident. I did asphalt for 6 months and its nuts the decisions people make behind the wheel. If there is a rush of vehicles moving down the road it never fails some jackass coming the opposite direction will pull a U turn at the worse moment.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Wow...

Can't even fathom rolling over 3 times. Really glad you and your clan are ok!

H2O

Reaction score
Wow....^^ what everyone else said^^

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
So update...... Wife and I discussed all our options for replacement and decided financing part of a nice one locally made the most sense for us. So...... We found this one owner '09 Escalade ESV locally. Thing is cherry and we are supper happy with it 6.2L 6L80 with AWD. 2nd row captains and just about every Bell and whistle available (minus a flip down DVD player). Wife has some whiplash symptoms starting to flare up that we are addressing and we have an attorney to ensure everything gets covered properly. Already got paid out for the car and car seats from State Farm so that part of the claim is complete at least.
19039.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Nice.

I don't want to hear any whining about the fuel mileage though. :)

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Yukon looks pretty good for a 3 time flipper. DAMM!! Glad your all OK. It could have been so much worse.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Nice.

I don't want to hear any whining about the fuel mileage though. :)
Haha!! It should average about the same as the old Yukon.... But while using premium....

And that is if I can keep my foot out of it. Thing has a great factory exhaust note!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Haha!! It should average about the same as the old Yukon.... But while using premium....

And that is if I can keep my foot out of it. Thing has a great factory exhaust note!

Maybe. My friend has an 09 Denali 2WD, so same engine/trans combo. He goes 85-90 everywhere and gets like 16 MPG.

If it has more than 50-60K miles.. change the plugs for sure.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Maybe. My friend has an 09 Denali 2WD, so same engine/trans combo. He goes 85-90 everywhere and gets like 16 MPG.

If it has more than 50-60K miles.. change the plugs for sure.
That's what our '05 Yukon got and it only had the 4.8 with the 4 speed.

These GM engines use the iridium plugs that really have no need to change until 100k. Even then most are just fine for much longer.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

These GM engines use the iridium plugs that really have no need to change until 100k. Even then most are just fine for much longer.

They aren’t good for that long.. that’s why I suggested it :)

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
They aren’t good for that long.. that’s why I suggested it :)
I dunno if the 6.2 is different but my 5.3 and the wife's 4.8 both went well over 100k on their plugs and when I changed them they still looked fantastic

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score

Sometimes, yes. Most of the time that is just an advertising bit...……..

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It will run fine.. it will run better and pick up MPG with fresh ones is all I’m saying. The OE plugs aren’t good for that long in that engine, in that truck.

Luckily you don’t have to worry about the DOD lifters failing.