WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

If the Rona' didn't screw your business over, the tweakers sure will!

yz450mm

Reaction score
Latest and greatest trend for the Tweakers, and they are getting more and more ballsy by the day.

Tweaker one and two in the white minivan spent 30 minutes surgically extracting some metal out of the illegally dumped recliner, got to get that next hit.

The late 90's mini van is the standard-issue tweaker mobile, there's got to be a dealer somewhere that hands these things out in exchange for the next bump of meth or heroin.

3965.jpg
20210218_161105.jpg
20210216_125918.jpg
20210210_161853.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
Latest and greatest trend for the Tweakers, and they are getting more and more ballsy by the day.

Tweaker one and two in the white minivan spent 30 minutes surgically extracting some metal out of the illegally dumped recliner, got to get that next hit.

The late 90's mini van is the standard-issue tweaker mobile, there's got to be a dealer somewhere that hands these things out in exchange for the next bump of meth or heroin.

View attachment 974395 View attachment 974396 View attachment 974397 View attachment 974398

Hard to tell in the pics, appears they left the conductors and stole the breakers ?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
This last two weeks we’ve been binge watching Breaking Bad. Currently half way through season 3. Love it!

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

707dog

Reaction score
Crazy man... up hear for a couple of years straight tweaks were stealing the underground power wires for light poles, would hit a whole stretch of roads hook it up to the car drive off and pull it all out then off to the next one. Havnt heard much of it since they tighten up the Cooper recycle rules but I'm sure it still happens

Last edited:

NicPaus

Reaction score
Saw this article posted on the plumbers page. Scrap prices probably climbing cause of it. Also the dump now has signs all over for buying scrap metal. Up over $300 a ton they will pay. Last time it was this high they stole all my fencing from a job site. Neighbor watched them and said it was a metal recycling truck.
Screenshot_20210219-120105_Samsung Internet.jpg

jesco

Reaction score
That sucks!!!! Back in 2008ish in Cypress we worked on an empty building that was broke into. Roush Racing use to be in one half and the other half was a company that made ATM machines. Roush had moved out a few years earlier and the ATM company a few months... TONS of power in the building. Both spaces had HVAC in the warehouses, switchgear and panels EVERYWHERE!!! These dudes broke in, pulled their trucks in and closed the roll up door, cut a hole in the demising wall, and gutted the entire buildings electrical distribution for a day or two!!! All the panel interiors, switchgear interiors, all the main feeders... GONE!! They had look outs posted on the roof on two corners to see if anybody was coming. Cypress PD didnt find and finger prints (probably wearing gloves the entire time) but there was 5 different truck tire tracks in the building. Our contract to get everything back to before it was stolen was over $500K. We had to buy all new panels, switchgear, and re pull all the wire and get it back up and going for a new tenant that just signed a lease and had a deadline to move in.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
My son had a lot of copper cable from his jobsites and he asked if I would take it to the recycle plant. They paid .80 per lb. Anyhow....I felt like a fucking criminal in there. If I didn't have my contractors lic or bus lic I would have had to wait 3 days for the money.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
We had a couple of tweakers steal the main copper feed to one of our sites. 480V. They didn't shut it off first. I was amazed that they a) managed to steal that, and b) there weren't some crispy remains of the guys who did it.

To this day, I am not sure how they managed it. Maybe they cut the feed upstream somehow (like at the pole).

Xring01

Reaction score
Dumbass’s break into Electical Substations and try to steal shit all the time...
Or worse, they get inside the underground vaults, which typically have 3“ water in the bottom of them.

Honestly, when they grab live 12kv, 69kv or 138kv lines....
Pretty sure its instant death.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Dumbass’s break into Electical Substations and try to steal shit all the time...
Or worse, they get inside the underground vaults, which typically have 3“ water in the bottom of them.

Honestly, when they grab live 12kv, 69kv or 138kv lines....
Pretty sure its instant death.

"So you're saying if we turn the power off we can save lives?" - Gavin Newsom

hallett21

Reaction score
Got a few trash barrels full. Might be time to finally recycle it.

Tweakers never cease to amaze me. They’d put their life on the line for a $5 spot.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score

Tweakers never cease to amaze me. They’d put their life on the line for a $5 spot.

Same here. At last years prices It was not worth the effort to take it in. I hope Brass and stainless have gone up.
I saved it just encase I need to process it into something more useful. I guess with the low prices there are many holding on. Time to let the hoard go.

I wonder if my Flash protection gear is going up in price..

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Many moons ago I got out of my current profession and got into the car wash equipment and manufacturing industry.

Car Wash equipment rooms have enough copper to build a submarine. One night an electrician was working late finishing up the equipment room in one of our new builds. He didn’t lock the door on his way out. When one of my guys showed up in the morning to do the first run of the wash he discovered the equipment room had been hit. The tweekers managed to cut every single inch of copper out of the equipment room. It set us back almost 2 weeks and cost the client around $50K.

It’s pretty amazing what those f*ckers can do in a very short amount of time.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

Well, they do ingest poison into their bodies on a regular basis.😁

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
When we moved into our Carson warehouse back in 2004 or so...Edison didn’t have there shit together so we had to run 2 big rented gensets for the first week. Tweakers stole all the trailer lights and exposed wiring that wasn’t locked down.

Taboma

Reaction score

Did a couple of insurance claim estimates for a really good customer. He'd shut down two grain feed mills and tweakers moved in and when they were done, there wasn't anything copper left in the place, including the telephone cabling. MCC rooms stripped, nothing left but the steel enclosures, pulled all the wires out of the conduits, including control wiring and large UG feeders. Must have been a group of them. Then you could see where they sat around at night, stripping all the wire. All the plumbing piping, these fucks worked their asses off and probably spent a week there or more, undetected. One mill was in Perris, the other right here in Escondido.

DLC

Reaction score
In escondido they ripped the #8 wires for the street lights on San Pasqual road, semi busy road not sure how they did it undetected..... street light are so far apart they used the 8 wire.

DLC

Reaction score
In some parts of town the plumber will use roof mastic to coat his pipes so at night they look black and not all shiney.

we built a couple buildings in San Marcos and got hit 3 times, pulled out all the MC Copper cabling, had to hire a night guard and he just slept inside the building at night. This was just down the street from the smsu

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Salton sea , Love the guy (Vincent De orfino I think) had a nose so f*ked up It wheezed when he talked

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Fucking
Did a couple of insurance claim estimates for a really good customer. He'd shut down two grain feed mills and tweakers moved in and when they were done, there wasn't anything copper left in the place, including the telephone cabling. MCC rooms stripped, nothing left but the steel enclosures, pulled all the wires out of the conduits, including control wiring and large UG feeders. Must have been a group of them. Then you could see where they sat around at night, stripping all the wire. All the plumbing piping, these fucks worked their asses off and probably spent a week there or more, undetected. One mill was in Perris, the other right here in Escondido.
crackheads will work day/ night but won’t get a job

Taboma

Reaction score
Fucking

crackheads will work day/ night but won’t get a job

That's exactly what my thoughts were while I was assessing all the damage.
Well that and while creeping through the dark, windowless hallways and empty rooms by flashlight, I was fully expecting to turn a corner and be confronted by a tweaker zombie, armed with only a Maglite. :eek:

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
That's exactly what my thoughts were while I was assessing all the damage.
Well that and while creeping through the dark, windowless hallways and empty rooms by flashlight, I was fully expecting to turn a corner and be confronted by a tweaker zombie, armed with only a Maglite. :eek:
Same exact thing in my building only the 1st time inside pitch black and a flashlight ( and a 9 mm in my jacket ) it was scary not knowing if someone was behind door # 2-3-4 . Monday / Tuesday I was over on site and I could see tents on the roof looks like they are gutting the RTUs i tried to fly my drone but to windy . I don’t care we are replacing all of them but it also means they can get inside by unlocked roof hatch . Until it’s mine I don’t care have at it .

Nordie

Reaction score
We had one office that was empty for a while, the tweakers had a hayday in that place so many times. The 2 ACs for the office were stolen twice. The 2nd time they busted out the stucco and drywall and stole the line sets too.

That same yard we had an old cabover that was broken down, us field guys used to use the yard for prefab work that we ship to the jobsite. Anyhow the foreman came in and found the gate wide open on a Monday morning. There was a trail of diesel fuel on the ground. He called the cops and they literally followed the trail to the tweakers residence where there was the diesel tank in the front yard under a blanket.

The 90s van thing is super accurate as well. I was doing a project in a less desirable area of town. I got a call on a Saturday morning that the police had caught 2 guys loading my rebar up in you guessed it a mid 90s ford van. They were on their 3rd trip, gotta give em credit they had hauled off almost 5 thousand pounds of bar.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Last time the prices were up we had a building in Stockton. Came to work one morning and water was flowing down the driveway. There was a 12 inch riser or 1” copper pipe coming out of the concrete into the building. Fuks cut that short piece of pipe. WTF they get for such a small piece. .

WYRD

Reaction score
We had some old leftover remnants of a block wall sitting in our yard on pallets maybe four to five pallets worth. Tweakers got into the yard built a makeshift scaffold near the fence (6 1/2' wrought iron with prison barbed wire on top) and hauled each block over one by one and chucked it over the fence. Must have broke more than half of them by throwing them. Took the fuckers all day long and a hell of a lot of labor to steal cinder blocks. o_O

yz450mm

Reaction score
Old walmart
Watch out for the zombie tweaker homeless crackheads that live in the field behind the building. They set up camp out there between Walmart and Scandia, and Panhandle at the Bear Valley off ramp and on-ramps during the day. Give them any little opportunity and they're going to be back in there stealing tools, equipment, or anything else they can take back to their tent in the field.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Watch out for the zombie tweaker homeless crackheads that live in the field behind the building. They set up camp out there between Walmart and Scandia, and Panhandle at the Bear Valley off ramp and on-ramps during the day. Give them any little opportunity and they're going to be back in there stealing tools, equipment, or anything else they can take back to their tent in the field.

Yes it’s bad Thanks we have it all covered , they are up on the roof demoing RTUs for us now 😂 , plus the camps out back will soon meet Mr.D9 Mr.Blade, Mr.Sheepsfoot Compactor, Mr.Water truck and a few other fun for the family equipment , it’s all going to be a Parking lot from the back of building north 2 streets + . 👍

yz450mm

Reaction score
Yes it’s bad Thanks we have it all covered , they are up on the roof demoing RTUs for us now [emoji23] , plus the camps out back will soon meet Mr.D9 Mr.Blade, Mr.Sheepsfoot Compactor, Mr.Water truck and a few other fun for the family equipment , it’s all going to be a Parking lot from the back of building north 2 streets + . [emoji106]
Nice, what's it going to be? PM if you don't want to say yet, I won't tell anybody LOL.
I do commercial tenant improvements, just on a lot smaller scale.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Nice, what's it going to be? PM if you don't want to say yet, I won't tell anybody LOL.

I talked with the city the other day and I know they are happy , we might just bring life back to that area and some of the little shops and restaurants might start doing better . I drove around back on Monday 2 guys setting on the wall shooting up .

Last edited:

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score

They started temp security fence today homeless are not happy , I have another site walk Wednesday outside and inside .🤔😉 What to wear 😎

motormonkey

Reaction score
I talked with the city the other day and I know they are happy , we might just bring life back to that area and some of the little shops and restaurants might start doing better . I drove around back on Monday 2 guys setting on the wall shooting up .
I'm sorry, but I've got to laugh at this. One project will not save the High desert unless your building a bigger prison.