WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

If you could move anywhere...Why would you?

JB in so cal

Reaction score
And what would make you decide to do it?

Let me hear it. Idaho...Colorado...Northern Arizona..."I've always wanted to see.....Montana..."

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Planning to move to one of the Phoenix, AZ suburbs this year since tired of living in Taxifornia. :D

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
And what would make you decide to do it?

Let me hear it. Idaho...Colorado...Northern Arizona..."I've always wanted to see.....Montana..."

Montana is great, but to a boater it's August and winter.

I like Parker Az.
RD told me once it might be a bit toooo quiet most the time. That was an eye opener. Might become better friends with Jack n Cola.

Princeville, Hawaii is my pick.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Montana is great, but to a boater it's August and winter.

I like Parker Az.
RD told me once it might be a bit toooo quiet most the time. That was an eye opener. Might become better friends with Jack n Cola.

Princeville, Hawaii is my pick.

Have you ever been there? I am getting married in Hawaii in July and we'll be spending our honeymoon on Kauai.

parker guy

Reaction score
I have tried to get the wife to back up and move, had no luck . We have a place in Parker its very quite in the off-season. I really like Placervile California or Scotsdale Az. Maybe some day when my kids are older..

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Somewhere far far away from the devils asshole. aka havasu. :D
Tahiti, South Africa, French Rivera. :D

Boatsnblondes

Banned
Reaction score
Have you ever been there? I am getting married in Hawaii in July and we'll be spending our honeymoon on Kauai.

We spent our honeymoon in Princeville...I would love to have enough to own a second home there, and spend summers there...:D:D

Magic34

Reaction score

We spend 10 days in Kauaii every year at the Hyatt on Poipou. What info are you looking for? I have never been to the Princeville side though.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

catman-do

Winter sux, lets golf!
Reaction score
Somewhere with a nice house right on the water. Im either thinking San Clemente, or Lake Tahoe. (Incline Village)

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
You guys know my answer. The place we like in Montana has warm water in June, 5 lakes within an hour (one right in town), fishing and whitewater rafting and Glacier National Park in the summer, and Skiing, snowmobiling and snowshoeing in the winter. Plus, the animals (deer, elk, and moose) run abundant. On second thought . . . it sucks, I'd never move there. ;)

Oh, and that white stuff? They keep about 6-12 inches on the ground in town, but the roads stay clear.

Honestly, if there was ever some kind of National Emergency/catastrophe or we were invaded, So Cal is the last place I'd want to be. I want to live where people know how to survive without power/television/govt handouts, where there is plenty of water, and where everyone has guns and knows how to use them. :D

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Somewhere with a nice house right on the water. Im either thinking San Clemente, or Lake Tahoe. (Incline Village)

Born and raised, most beautiful place on earth, one of the most expensive as well... ;)

catman-do

Winter sux, lets golf!
Reaction score
Born and raised, most beautiful place on earth, one of the most expensive as well... ;)

Yeah, we looked at houses there a year or two ago as a second home. The cheapest we found at the time was a little under 600k for a SFR. Now there is ONE online for under 500. I have some freinds that moved up there this year and Im going to visit over pres day weekend. I had gone to my first year of school at Sierra Nevada Univ there in Incline.

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Beach house somewhere in San Diego County. And. that's only because I'm retired, if I was working there is no way I would want to live in So Cal and have to face a commute.

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Yeah, we looked at houses there a year or two ago as a second home. The cheapest we found at the time was a little under 600k for a SFR. Now there is ONE online for under 500. I have some freinds that moved up there this year and Im going to visit over pres day weekend. I had gone to my first year of school at Sierra Nevada Univ there in Incline.

I moved away my Freshman year in HS, the house that I grew up in was on the block recently for somewhere around $700K, nothing special, my folks sold it for $129K, of course that was 25 years ago... :D

2Driver

Reaction score
Ouray and Ridgeway CO. First time there last year and it was way better than I imaged. Several of our neighbors have 2nd homes there so we got the inside guide vs the tourist visit. TOns to do and the back drop is on par with almost anything in the world.

My brother lives in Missoula. Really nice but crap the winters suck and summer is short. Grizzlies are big too. :eek:

We keep looking for greener pastures but always come back to Carefree AZ and wonder why we were looking. So far the rest of the world including Ca has not found us. To each their own.

mrs. bordsmnj

StokerWhore's Ol' Lady
Reaction score
I am thinking somewhere in Idaho or Montana. Lakes nearby, no traffic, maybe a horse or two. Big cabin type of house with an antler chandilier (sp?) Small town is my style.

But realistically, prolly Arizona. Close to the river, lots of desert for riding. Maybe I can still have an antler chandilier in Parker?? ;)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Winters..any Hawaian Island
Summer..Havasu
Fall....NE somewhere
Spring.....South Pacific

Skankersore

Man Eater
Reaction score
Im a 3rd generation Cali native, so if I had to stay here I'd go with Santa Barbara.

I have family in Kalispell Montana with a house on Flathead Lake. PURE eff'ing heaven. I own a snowmobile, so the harsh winters would provide entertainment.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
We spend 10 days in Kauaii every year at the Hyatt on Poipou. What info are you looking for? I have never been to the Princeville side though.

we are thinking of staying up near kiahanu (sp?). so far all the places look amazing. we have been to oahu and the big island before so i can only imagine what kauai looks like

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Somewhere in Hawaii. Something about 75+ degrees year round is what seals the deal.:cool::cool:

Angry Inch

Hung like a light switch.
Reaction score

I've been pissing in Poipu since 1978, practicly raised there. :D :beer

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I am planning on retiring (many years from now) on to something about 60' that is located where ever I drop anchor or dock. I am thinking south pacific for a while, the caribean, Alaska for a summer, etc.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Peter Island, British Virgin Islands...............:D

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 158

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Cour d'Lane ID. I fell in love with the lake and surrounding areas. Plus we have family there. Or somewhere near Vancouver or Whistler BC.

This is on my short list. Haven't been there but have heard nothing but good things....going up this summer to look...how big is the lake...? Performance boats ok? I know skiing is close by.....but not sure how close...? Any info would be great...thanks. :)

PolarBearKing

The Ass Man
Reaction score
When I retire I'm going to keep a small place at the river for the summertime (huricane season), but I'll spend about 8 months a year in Sayulita. A small fishing puebalita(sp?) about an hour norh of Puerto Vallarta. Climate wise about the same as Hawaii, but at a fraction of the cost.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I've been full time in Parker, for nineteen years, I have had enough 110 degree summers. I am going to build a house in southern Idaho on the Snake river. I figure spend about 7 or 8 months in Idaho, and come back to Parker when it gets too cold up north. I am practicing to be a snow bird.

spectras only

Reaction score
Maple Bay on Vancouver Island after winning the lottery , so I can buy my friend's waterfront there ;)

The view from above

donzi1.jpg

from the boat

donzi10.jpg

lebel409

Reaction score
I'd have to split it up, a nice beach place and a place at Parker in the Keyes...Of course we are talking money that doesn't exist...

Both would require two lots on the water with a BIG garage.

I've been to hawaii...I say give it back.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I've been full time in Parker, for nineteen years, I have had enough 110 degree summers. I am going to build a house in southern Idaho on the Snake river. I figure spend about 7 or 8 months in Idaho, and come back to Parker when it gets too cold up north. I am practicing to be a snow bird.

I'm with you. But a little further west.

Our Daughter and Grandkids live in Eastern Oregon (Baker City). When we retire we'll probably relocate there, but keep the Parker place for the winters.

For those who think Hawaii is a good place to live, think again. We lived there for 3 years. IT might seem nice for a week or 2 but, trust me. After a year all you want to do is get off the rock.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I got the place in havi paid for so I can always retire there but would like to find someplace in the area between flagstaff , grand canyon and powell. some acres I can be away from the crowds

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I'm with you. But a little further west.

For those who think Hawaii is a good place to live, think again. We lived there for 3 years. IT might seem nice for a week or 2 but, trust me. After a year all you want to do is get off the rock.

Several guys that retired with me moved to their places in Hawaii.
They're already prepairing to return to their homes here.

If ya have the $$ to come back and fourth as you please, and a place ya like here in the 'world', then it can work.
But it does become the rock real quick.

Ya miss Glamis, Dumont, Vegas, ect ect or something here on the mainland it seems.

Friend Karen owns a Chuys restaurant and can afford the trips and maintaining 3 homes (Tucson Simi, Hawaii). It's a good life.
Lotta money in pouring Tequila in the right atmosphere.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Im a 3rd generation Cali native, so if I had to stay here I'd go with Santa Barbara.

I have family in Kalispell Montana with a house on Flathead Lake. PURE eff'ing heaven. I own a snowmobile, so the harsh winters would provide entertainment.

That's about 1/2 hour to 40 minutes south of where we are looking at.