WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

If You Dropped Cable Or Satellite

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
No TV provider log in required for me.

Seems odd that Roku would block those apps.
They arent blocked. The ABC affiliate here in Tucson only allows live news to be seen. No other broadcasts. I havent looked into the other ones as I can get them on my OTA antenna for free without using any bandwidth or data.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
They arent blocked. The ABC affiliate here in Tucson only allows live news to be seen. No other broadcasts. I havent looked into the other ones as I can get them on my OTA antenna for free without using any bandwidth or data.

Makes sense. Looks like you HAVE to have a separate antenna to have live TV with Roku?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Makes sense. Looks like you HAVE to have a separate antenna to have live TV with Roku?

After a quick google search I was seeing the same situation for the Firestick without jailbreaking it.

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Firestick and jailbreaking in the same sentence is kind of laughable. Turn on a couple of buttons in settings and download just about any APP you want. And NOT illegal at all. The only thing I saw that was an issue with the Firestick was a space issue. Downloading to many APPS taking up room that is needed for streaming when watching movies. Which is easily overcome with a OTC cable and a 256 gig thumb drive. How to do it??? YouTube is your friend.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I just want to watch the discovery channel. I paid for Discovery + and half of what we want isn’t available with it. Bullshit! Who has a tried and true user retarded easy way to watch Discovery, and maybe Bravo for the wife?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
been running the latest builds from the captain and it’s bad flipping ass.. live tv works perfect and then all the series and movies.. no more hunting for streams etc just click and play.

mother in law got here and was asking how I was watching the new Tom hanks movie last night.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
After a quick google search I was seeing the same situation for the Firestick without jailbreaking it.

Yeah no...

This is ABC live on the Firestick right now. No antenna, no TV provider log in.

It's interesting that Roku wants you to buy Their antenna to watch live TV? Doh!

20210201_130529.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I just want to watch the discovery channel. I paid for Discovery + and half of what we want isn’t available with it. Bullshit! Who has a tried and true user retarded easy way to watch Discovery, and maybe Bravo for the wife?

Discovery +, showing The Discovery Channel...

20210201_131226.jpg

When I clicked on The Discovery Channel, these are all the channels it showed...

20210201_131251.jpg

There are tons of channels here! What show are you looking for?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Discovery +, showing The Discovery Channel...

View attachment 968694

When I clicked on The Discovery Channel, these are all the channels it showed...

View attachment 968695

There are tons of channels here! What show are you looking for?

The OG Street Outlaws to start.
I just want to be able to watch it as though I’m watching live tv. Was using Discovery GO through my brother. He dropped his cable now I’m sol

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I just want to be able to watch it as though I’m watching live tv. Was using Discovery GO through my brother. He dropped his cable now I’m sol

Which show? LoL

20210201_133421.jpg

There are all kinna SO shows inside of Discovery +.

If you have a Firestick or Google Chromecast TV, just use the voice search. It will pull up all kinna episodes to watch.

Found all these inside Discovery Plus...

20210201_133937.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I just read this again...

If you want the one from 2013, I think you might have to pay for it now...

20210201_140152.jpg

20210201_140208.jpg

It only shows it available on Discovery Go or Philo TV. ☹️

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
been running the latest builds from the captain and it’s bad flipping ass.. live tv works perfect and then all the series and movies.. no more hunting for streams etc just click and play.

mother in law got here and was asking how I was watching the new Tom hanks movie last night.
Are you still running the Bullet? I have been and still love it. About due for a new subscription in March and for $16.99 a month or $200 year its a no brainer. I did get a firestick and I dig it also. Reminds me off the old school kodi.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yeah no...

This is ABC live on the Firestick right now. No antenna, no TV provider log in.

It's interesting that Roku wants you to buy Their antenna to watch live TV? Doh!

View attachment 968693
Nope, you are logged into a direct TV account. If you weren't, there wouldnt be a direct tv logo in the top right corner.

The Roku Antenna just refers to any antenna you can connect to your tv for OTA shows. They do sell one but there isnt much of anything special to it. I have an antenna hooked up to my daughters' Roku TV so they can get the couple local OTA cartoon shows.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Nope, you are logged into a direct TV account. If you weren't, there wouldnt be a direct tv logo in the top right corner.

The Roku Antenna just refers to any antenna you can connect to your tv for OTA shows. They do sell one but there isnt much of anything special to it. I have an antenna hooked up to my daughters' Roku TV so they can get the couple local OTA cartoon shows.

Good eye!

Not sure who's account that is since I don't have one! LoL

🤷‍♂️ :p

And . ..

I just went and tried it on the Google TV, wasnt logged in, and it said I had to log into a TV provider account to watch it!

I'll just STFU now about live TV...

Apparently I don't know shit about it!

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are you still running the Bullet? I have been and still love it. About due for a new subscription in March and for $16.99 a month or $200 year its a no brainer. I did get a firestick and I dig it also. Reminds me off the old school kodi.

no it’s called a super stream and it’s fucking legit. No subscription. You can download the app or build whatever ya want to call it onto a fire stick I believe possibly the bullet as well.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
no it’s called a super stream and it’s fucking legit. No subscription. You can download the app or build whatever ya want to call it onto a fire stick I believe possibly the bullet as well.
Sweet sign me up for one 😁😁

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Is this through Dave still? Unsure who the captain is? I want it.