WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

If you guys want to see the latest technology on how to build a boat..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Take a look at this article on the front page of RDP.. Technically this article was written for the sister website of RDP that we are just starting LuxuryCenterConsoles.. but you will see how advanced the "Viking" corporation is, and how they are building their new Center Consoles under the Moniker "Valhalla". The processes they are using are absolutely incredible, and if you are into actual boating tech you are gonna love it.

Note this link will NOT WORK WITH TAPATALK YOU MUST USE A BROWSER.

8 V-46 5-axis CNC_web_size.jpg
11 V-46 3D scanner verification before the final_web_size.jpg
15 V-46 resin infusion_web_size.jpg

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Seriously bad ass. I’m sure they will have a line around the block for a new one. It’s very cool to see how technology just keeps marching forward with hull design and building techniques. We as the consumer directly benefit, even if we’re not in the market for a multi million dollar boat. The outboard market is a perfect example of that.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I thougth this tech has been out a while?

A Valhalla was slipped next to us all last season. Freakin nice. The Viking price tag accompanies it too.

Valhalla is Heaven, but Not for All Vikings

As described by Old Norse sagas and texts, Valhalla is a realm of the Norse afterlife that Vikings aspired in life to enter upon their death. So in this sense, Valhalla is similar to the Christian concept of heaven

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is seriously cool!

motormonkey

Reaction score
I know a place that could prototype a full size car, plus anything else you could think of out of foam. They used BB foam and some other special foam that you could make a mold off of. Awesome tech.

Reactions: DWC

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
The one man who is working is wearing tyvec .
All in all that is cool. Time marches on.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I know a place that could prototype a full size car, plus anything else you could think of out of foam. They used BB foam and some other special foam that you could make a mold off of. Awesome tech.

Machining large concepts out of reshape is nothing new. That has been around for awhile. Their stringer setup is crazy though, and then going back and scanning the hull etc.. There is some very different processes going on in that article other than find some kiln dried birch and lay it in there. :D

RD

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Vahalla boats are super nice. I tried to work out a deal on there 37 but just couldn't marry up to the price of there 37. Like any top their CC boat right now there expensive.

I walked on a 37 and a 41 at the Lauderdale show and the quality is very hi, close to perfect really. Very well thought out, great storage, and just super clean.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Reminds me of when DCB put out that video of their first M41 plug and cutting it on a giant CNC machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Any MSRP pricing on these out of my league CC? Would love the small 33'

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
single molded stringer grid setup is pretty badass, really smart engineering. 👍