WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

If you know you know!!!

Nordie

Reaction score
20221207_132626.jpg

We order this for Christmas every year. Although my wife has to fly to Chicago Friday for a death in the family, so I'm sure she'll be bringing me home one on the plane!!!

HAVASUSUN

Reaction score
FYI. There is at least one in Phoenix if you are ever out this way. It is about 4 miles from me by Shea and the 101. Never been to the one in Chicago. I stick to Lou M’s and Gino E when I am there. Funny that the is a Lou M in Phoenix now as well. I have been to the same one in Chicago 10x more than the one in Phoenix that is 20 mins away.

Nordie

Reaction score
FYI. There is at least one in Phoenix if you are ever out this way. It is about 4 miles from me by Shea and the 101. Never been to the one in Chicago. I stick to Lou M’s and Gino E when I am there. Funny that the is a Lou M in Phoenix now as well. I have been to the same one in Chicago 10x more than the one in Phoenix that is 20 mins away.

We like Lous, but usually end up getting Giordanos, but Portillos is still our goto.

Yeah my wife has said let's go get Portillos in Arizona, with all of the Chicago transplants in Vegas I'm surprised that there isn't a Portillos here yet. I'm sure it's coming and I bet it will do well if it's near the strip.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Por Tee Ohs...

Lived to long in the southwest to pronounce it correctly. There's one about a block from my house, we eat there often. Everything is good on the menu...

NicPaus

Reaction score
Chicago beef dips. Our Boy Roy at Echo serves it up for Us on our walking dinners. Damn good!

lbhsbz

Reaction score
View attachment 1178749

We order this for Christmas every year. Although my wife has to fly to Chicago Friday for a death in the family, so I'm sure she'll be bringing me home one on the plane!!!
If it weren't for the beef I'd never visit my family in Chicago. Chicago italian beef is my crack.

We've got a Portillos about 15 minutes away in Buena Park....not as good as the Chicago stuff, but it ain't bad.

I got lucky and found a tub of Buono's Beef at Aldi a few years ago. It was badass, but hard to find the peppers out here.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Por Tee Ohs...

Lived to long in the southwest to pronounce it correctly. There's one about a block from my house, we eat there often. Everything is good on the menu...
It's Por till ohs. I was schooled by the people in chicago. lol.

DLC

Reaction score
How long does this take to order and THEN deliver….

My thinking is send it my brother in Central Ca.

kinda fun thing for Christmas….

any feedback from the masses?
Do you have to be home at a certain time, anything special about mail Home delivery?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
How long does this take to order and THEN deliver….

My thinking is send it my brother in Central Ca.

kinda fun thing for Christmas….

any feedback from the masses?
Do you have to be home at a certain time, anything special about mail Home delivery?
overnight-2day maybe depending when it ships out (time of day you order). Its in a foam cooler with ice packs. Follow the instructions to the letter....especially on the bread. FIL has been doing it for years..Depending on the year it either went to Washington or Oahu.. I've done it once to Havasu as well with no issues.

He got hooked on it because of getting it for a gift one year from a customer.

JM21

Reaction score
My hometown is Villa Park Illinois where the original portillos was. I grew up on that shit. Dick Portillo expanded to hundreds of stores then cashed out for a billion. Best part is, he made sure his menu would never change and the consistency from location to location is spot on. Anytime I am within 50 miles of a location I go, it’s that good.

My suggestions..

Beef with sweet and hot peppers, extra mozzarella

Maxwell polish. Extra onions, add cheese sauce

Burgers add bacon

Cheese fries

Chocolate cake to fuckin die for

And ice cold scooner glasses with ice cold beer on tap

Your welcome

Damn it, now I can taste it…..

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
If you want a good Italian beef in havasu rosatis is pretty good add cheese and peppers and it’s really good.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
If it weren't for the beef I'd never visit my family in Chicago. Chicago italian beef is my crack.

We've got a Portillos about 15 minutes away in Buena Park....not as good as the Chicago stuff, but it ain't bad.

I got lucky and found a tub of Buono's Beef at Aldi a few years ago. It was badass, but hard to find the peppers out here.
I just found the Buono's last month at Albertsons, it was pretty good.

Nordie

Reaction score
I just found the Buono's last month at Albertsons, it was pretty good.

Yeah they sell it at our Albertsons we shop at, it's good, but Portillos is a whole nother level.

The Italian beef kits come with the sweet peppers and the hot giardiniera.

We pretty much always have giardiniera on hand, because it is hard to find locally. If you're looking for that stuff I was at cost plus once with my wife and they have giardiniera and sport peppers if you're into Chicago dogs.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Yeah they sell it at our Albertsons we shop at, it's good, but Portillos is a whole nother level.

The Italian beef kits come with the sweet peppers and the hot giardiniera.

We pretty much always have giardiniera on hand, because it is hard to find locally. If you're looking for that stuff I was at cost plus once with my wife and they have giardiniera and sport peppers if you're into Chicago dogs.
When I said add peppers I guess this stuff is what I meant giardiniera they sell it at rosatis if you can’t find it at your local store.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Vallejo. Goombas for Chicago style Italian roast beef. I'd almost kill for one now

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Good stuff - Some of our friends get it from the Scottsdale location and make it at their house for parties.

robert1050

Reaction score
There's one opening soon at San Tan Marketplace, for you eastenders.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
The wife loves Portillos. It is Meh in my opinion.

Their tamales are crap, not even close to random no habla trunk Tamales!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
As a kid. My mom used to bring it home on the plane as she was always in Chicago. I stop at the buena park location about once a month. The ca version isn’t the same but pretty damn close imo.

Nordie

Reaction score
As a kid. My mom used to bring it home on the plane as she was always in Chicago. I stop at the buena park location about once a month. The ca version isn’t the same but pretty damn close imo.

My wife is wheels up in 2 hours, I saw she packed a keep food warm container. So I know she's bringing me home Portillos on Sunday.

This was from September
20220922_174721.jpg

Last edited:

Lumpy

Reaction score
Did you do it in a pan or croc-pot? We usually do the croc-pot.
I just simmered the gravy in a pan and added the defrosted beef in to it. Simmered just long enough for it to get hot.
I like the crock pot idea!

Nordie

Reaction score
Just put the gravy in the croc-pot...I can't freaking wait!!!

20221224_141402.jpg

Nordie

Reaction score
Meat is all pulled apart, time for the gravy dip
20221224_173811.jpg