WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

If you were to buy a SXS today. What would you do?

Taboma

Reaction score
That pretty much describes what the cars I fixed were doing, not always a cracked or torn O-ring sometimes they were just swelled up to the point they didn’t seal I tested the fuel pumps independently on the bench and they made correct pressure, it’s been a while but I believe they’re around 41 psi. I would say the vast majority of these fail for this reason. Kind of a piss her when the new fuel pumps are $400 or something like that, I have no idea what the dealer charges to install.

Interesting, both mine were replaced under the extended warranty. Doubt the dealer techs are even bothering to look into why the failure, just swap out the $ 400 pump, NEXT .

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Interesting, both mine were replaced under the extended warranty. Doubt the dealer techs are even bothering to look into why the failure, just swap out the $ 400 pump, NEXT .
I only got into it because I was trying to save a friends yearly trip to Alamo. His daughter was out driving behind the house north of town fortunately she was in cell phone range when the car quit on her. Dealer said they wouldn’t have time to fix it, so I did the redneck engineering.

One of my friends friends took his to the dealer and had it replaced when they went to pick it up the dealer says oh yeah it’s a common problem and showed him a box full of fuel pump assembly‘s. My friend asked if he could take one to look at it, he gave it to me and it was the same problem so now he has a spare the fuel pump itself actually was fine and I’m going to bet 80 to 90% fail due to the O-ring. Makes you wonder if they designed it that way on purpose. $$🙄

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Correct.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I only got into it because I was trying to save a friends yearly trip to Alamo. His daughter was out driving behind the house north of town fortunately she was in cell phone range when the car quit on her. Dealer said they wouldn’t have time to fix it, so I did the redneck engineering.

One of my friends friends took his to the dealer and had it replaced when they went to pick it up the dealer says oh yeah it’s a common problem and showed him a box full of fuel pump assembly‘s. My friend asked if he could take one to look at it, he gave it to me and it was the same problem so now he has a spare the fuel pump itself actually was fine and I’m going to bet 80 to 90% fail due to the O-ring. Makes you wonder if they designed it that way on purpose. $$🙄

Correct again. :) Although it is not a universal problem, I wonder if it was from a certain supplier, or running the tank low on gas causes the problem.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Correct again. :) Although it is not a universal problem, I wonder if it was from a certain supplier, or running the tank low on gas causes the problem.
I have a hunch a lot of the problem is the crappy ethanol gas we have. I think it eats in swells the special rubber they use for the O-rings I can’t remember what it’s called I think it starts with an N. I was going to use a part out of my Yamaha VST tank but it I couldn’t find it at the time and wasn’t sure that it would work without having the dimensions. Where are these being replaced by Polaris under a campaign? How long is the warranty on a side-by-side I have no idea.

Taboma

Reaction score

We never ran much below a 1/2 tank, always topped off before ever trip. Always pumped any old gas into my truck, then put fresh gas in the RzR. It's not a universal problem, at least I've been told, because only a couple of models use the same fuel pump as that 900S. I'm sure I was told the Turbos run a different pump.

Curious, have you used Just Money Motorsports for any routine service ??

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
We never ran much below a 1/2 tank, always topped off before ever trip. Always pumped any old gas into my truck, then put fresh gas in the RzR. It's not a universal problem, at least I've been told, because only a couple of models use the same fuel pump as that 900S. I'm sure I was told the Turbos run a different pump.

Curious, have you used Just Money Motorsports for any routine service ??

I used them for a clutch diagnosis and repair and they were great. I do my own service but would not hesitate to take it to Just Money.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Your creampuff needs a bath, the second pic has dust on it! LOL.
Lett me know when you get tired of it, I may have a space in my garage for it!

If the first digit of the offer begins with a 2 I’m up for selling.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Bought one an hour ago for the season, sell it when summer comes so it’s not in the way in the garage all summer, pretty much what i do every year. I learned my lesson years ago on buying new and then doing all the mods, you would be better off taking all the cash and just piling it up and burning it. Let someone else do that and then buy a car that is done at less than 50 cents on the dollar.

Went and picked it up about an hour ago, cage, doors, seats, pci car to car, tuner, particulate filter, lights all over, whip lights, 32” tires, four wired helmets, four headsets, clutch mods, exhaust, etc.

673933F6-4204-4C1B-A353-334633598CFE.jpeg
F6B28469-4972-47D7-97D6-25A34EA73C1D.jpeg
2389E44C-1718-476D-823B-AD4B34FAE671.jpeg
5FDFA7D5-7907-4956-BEA9-D56811A75278.jpeg

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I’ve been debating whether to sell my garage queen or not.

2018 with Madigan cage, PCI radios, PRP seats, Method wheels, Rock Ready lowered and reclined seat bases, etc...

Car is a total cream puff with not a scratch on it by evidence of the miles and hours...

View attachment 928477 View attachment 928478 View attachment 928479 View attachment 928480 View attachment 928481 View attachment 928482 View attachment 928483 View attachment 928484 View attachment 928485

I forgot to mention it has the Evo clutch upgrade too.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I forgot to mention it has the Evo clutch upgrade too.

We have been shopping for a SXS for the last couple months. If you are serious, we would be Interested in talking about it If Mike is going to pass.

What’s the number after the 2? Lol

satellitemike

Reaction score
Bought one an hour ago for the season, sell it when summer comes so it’s not in the way in the garage all summer, pretty much what i do every year. I learned my lesson years ago on buying new and then doing all the mods, you would be better off taking all the cash and just piling it up and burning it. Let someone else do that and then buy a car that is done at less than 50 cents on the dollar.

Went and picked it up about an hour ago, cage, doors, seats, pci car to car, tuner, particulate filter, lights all over, whip lights, 32” tires, four wired helmets, four headsets, clutch mods, exhaust, etc.

View attachment 930850 View attachment 930851 View attachment 930852 View attachment 930853
What did it sell for?

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
What would I do? Two chicks, same time.

Wait, are we talking side by sides?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
We have been shopping for a SXS for the last couple months. If you are serious, we would be Interested in talking about it If Mike is going to pass.

Give me a shout when you’re ready. It’s a low two number.

I’ll PM you my number.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
View attachment 926964
I am going to get one of these. AC, heat totally enclosed, have the shocks done and add a turbo. Might not be the fastest, but it will be the coolest.

I ended up buying a ranger crew northstar last week. the enclosed cab is awesome, absolutely zero dust and the ac/heat is legit.

Found a street legal loophole for my state (PA)

Registering it in my montana llc so i’ll have plates on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlanB

Reaction score
I ended up buying a ranger crew northstar last week. the enclosed cab is awesome, absolutely zero dust and the ac/heat is legit.

Found a street legal loophole for my state (PA)

Registering it in my montana llc so i’ll have plates on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is becoming a common thing in states that don't have an avenue for registering UTV's for street use. Still not legal in California, but it's a good loophole for other states right now.

Reactions: DLC

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

I’ll see you this weekend. Thanks bud!

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I have a hunch a lot of the problem is the crappy ethanol gas we have. I think it eats in swells the special rubber they use for the O-rings I can’t remember what it’s called I think it starts with an N. I was going to use a part out of my Yamaha VST tank but it I couldn’t find it at the time and wasn’t sure that it would work without having the dimensions. Where are these being replaced by Polaris under a campaign? How long is the warranty on a side-by-side I have no idea.

Buna-N, EPDM are standard materials

Silicone is a no-no with gasoline

Viton Flouroelastomer is the good stuff for fuel/chemicals

PlanB

Reaction score
Nice! Now the aftermarket upgrading will begin. I seriously underestimated it when we bought our Max.