WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

If your not vaccinated, your fired

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I did not say ONE word about C19.

Everyone, including you, touts themselves as a fucking C19 expert, when they don't understand the simplest, most basic things about vaccines.......which is why I quoted the post that I did.

Have a nice day....and stick to your real job.
Oh my.... I am so sorry. This entire discussion is about company's requiring Covid 19 Vaccinations as terms of employment. My apologies for assuming you were responding to this actual thread, and not just offering random thoughts. Truly, I apologize 😂

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Most of this is a pointless debate, who cares, make a living, plenty of ways to do it, and if you dont like the way you are being treated at an employer find another and if you are really bitter call your attorney.

I am going to sign off now and go fire some people instead.

RIVERDAZE

Reaction score
It’s more of a negotiation tool for our contractors that anything. We push what the contractors want, and believe it or not, they are calling the hall looking for vaccinated workers. If there’s an Ti job in a 50 story building and a worker brings covid that’s a lot of lost money. Building gets shut down, people get tested, building has to be sanitized. It’s shitty.

What do they do when a vaxed worker comes down with covid...the same building get shut down correct?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
This whole “you have a choice” to vax or be fired is bullshit.

“My way or the highway” is not a choice.
That’s an ultimatum, and there’s a difference between an ultimatum and a choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
What do they do when a vaxed worker comes down with covid...the same building get shut down correct?
In our building we follow cdc guidelines. I haven’t looked in a while but I’d assume so. We haven’t had that situation come up in any of the 17 training centers in 6 states. Going to get interesting w people faking vaccines too.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

That’s an ultimatum, and there’s a difference between an ultimatum and a choice.

I don’t own my own company but if I did it would always be my way or the highway.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
My apologies for assuming you were responding to this actual thread, and not just offering random thoughts. Truly, I apologize 😂

Seems my random thoughts sent you on a Wiki trip.
Sorry for distracting you from your terribly important comments in this thread.
Have a nice weekend!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I know if I wanted my nanny vaxed there would be no discussion

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Oh my.... I am so sorry. This entire discussion is about company's requiring Covid 19 Vaccinations as terms of employment. My apologies for assuming you were responding to this actual thread, and not just offering random thoughts. Truly, I apologize 😂

You’ll just have to set up outside the covid danger area with a bullhorn and sniper rifle.
Covid is smart.
It knows if people are standing or sitting and especially if they are walking.
It knows the difference between 6 feet and 7 feet.
It knows the difference between a sideline stripe and actual playing field of any sport.
It certainly knows the difference between a cop (you) and a law breaker!
That’s why rioters do not need masks or vaccines.

Near 60 years I’ve been alive.
Ive seen real 60’s racism having been born in Biloxi.
I got beat up by Philippino kids in Manilla for being American.
Saw my first murder at 4 years old. (In the Philippines as well)
Saw a lot of shit just like most of the old guys here.
I have NEVER seen anything like this.
Watching this Nation lose its collective mind is just unreal.
Im glad I’m old.

530RL

Reaction score
And people wonder why companies move operations out of the US?

Between government regulation and the entitled who think they get to tell the employer how the cow eats the cabbage, companies can't put up with this bullshit and survive/compete.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Seems my random thoughts sent you on a Wiki trip.
Sorry for distracting you from your terribly important comments in this thread.
Have a nice weekend!
Wiki, nope. The Covid Stat... you know the subject matter of this whole vaccination thing... is straight from the WHO and CDC. All others were a simple google step away, but pulled from medical research sites. You decided to join in correct, so I'm sure everyone here will support your decision to participate or not.... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh the irony.

But if you do chose to participate, you really shouldn't get so defensive about comments related directly to the subject matter.

If you chose to continue, just remember, it is your choice. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
It’s more of a negotiation tool for our contractors that anything. We push what the contractors want, and believe it or not, they are calling the hall looking for vaccinated workers. If there’s an Ti job in a 50 story building and a worker brings covid that’s a lot of lost money. Building gets shut down, people get tested, building has to be sanitized. It’s shitty. Me personally, I’ve injected all sorts of shit from China and Russia into my body in my late 20’s. Put a lot of shit up my nose I have no idea where it came from. I drink energy drinks, and I chew tobacco. Would be pretty hypocritical to start the my body my temple thing now, but I absolutely understand both sides.
And that right there is a direct result of CalOSHA. Not nationwide OSHA. We have had several job sites where guys have been positive and there has been nothing done to the site except notify those that were on site. No testing unless symptoms present themselves, etc. Kinda logical in that regard.

Kinda demonstrates the California political bullshit pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Hard to believe there are so many piss poor opinions with people who generally see eye to eye on the majority of topics and certainly on recreation.

I understand everyone has the right to believe what and whom they desire, but it sure seems like some of ya fell out of the tree of common sense and hit every stupid branch on the way down.

Eroding our rights is this simple? Simply by gaslighting the populace with various lies/misdirects/misinformation they can sow such discord, even among those who share very similar desires and lifestyles.

Scary.

I am so fucking glad I am self employed. On the other hand, I would never enforce something as stupid as a mandatory vax on any employee of mine, and yes I would stay open, fuck the state and the feds if they are not going to follow any laws, why should I?

BTW on Topic, falsifying submitted documentation to the State claiming "voluntary termination" when they were actually terminated, is illegal. Blocking their UE benefits is also a scumbag move, you are a piece of shit if you play those games and the state will happily fuck you in the ass.

The employer is required to have some justification for termination, even in at will states. Wrongful Termination suits still happen all the time.

Last edited:

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Wiki, nope. The Covid Stat... you know the subject matter of this whole vaccination thing... is straight from the WHO and CDC. All others were a simple google step away, but pulled from medical research sites. You decided to join in correct, so I'm sure everyone here will support your decision to participate or not.... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh the irony.

But if you do chose to participate, you really shouldn't get so defensive about comments related directly to the subject matter.

If you chose to continue, just remember, it is your choice. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Thanks for the great advice. I really appreciate it.
It seems like you're going to need the last word here, so go ahead.....let's see if you can make us all laugh.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Between government regulation and the entitled who think they get to tell the employer how the cow eats the cabbage, companies can't put up with this bullshit and survive/compete.

CF5109DE-79F0-4205-8C88-15FC83931C77.jpeg

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Thanks for the great advice. I really appreciate it.
It seems like you're going to need the last word here, so go ahead.....let's see if you can make us all laugh.
You seem to think it's an argument. It's not, this is just a simple conversation. Your last line is too funny, and spoken right from the mouth of someone who really needs to be in control. I'm simply having a conversation with you and other on here. Don't get so defensive dude.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Hard to believe there are so many piss poor opinions with people who generally see eye to eye on the majority of topics and certainly on recreation.

I understand everyone has the right to believe what and whom they desire, but it sure seems like some of ya fell out of the tree of common sense and hit every stupid branch on the way down.

Eroding our rights is this simple? Simply by gaslighting the populace with various lies/misdirects/misinformation they can sow such discord, even among those who share very similar desires and lifestyles.

Scary.

I am so fucking glad I am self employed. On the other hand, I would never enforce something as stupid as a mandatory vax on any employee of mine, and yes I would stay open, fuck the state and the feds if they are not going to follow any laws, why should I?

BTW on Topic, falsifying submitted documentation to the State claiming "voluntary termination" when they were actually terminated, is illegal. Blocking their UE benefits is also a scumbag move, you are a piece of shit if you play those games and the state will happily fuck you in the ass.

The employer is required to have some justification for termination, even in at will states. Wrongful Termination suits still happen all the time.

Like arguing about who stands where on the deck of the titanic...

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
For those got the vac
Let hope your healthy in a few years .

And for those companies that are requiring
Screw them .

Anyone like to take a train ride to a better place . Get on or else

TCHB

Reaction score
Yeah, non of that scares me. In fact, I'd probably ask for a tour.
if You have ever been in area of the plant where we had failures it would scare anyone! At 3400 lbs and 1050 D it will melt you before you take a step. We have limited tours over the years because of liability Risks.

RVRKID

Reaction score
I have a friend at Casa Colina, he got the J&J vaccine, June 21st, around July 3rd back started hurting him, by the end of the week he was laying paralyzed in the hospital. He is now at Casa Colina, doing rehab and still can barley talk and last I heard paralyzed form the waste down.

Really strange that this came out the Monday after he went in:
On Monday, the Food and Drug Administration announced the new warning, flagging reports of Guillain-Barre syndrome, an immune system disorder that can cause muscle weakness and occasionally paralysis. Health officials described the side effect as a “small possible risk" for those getting the shot.

TCHB

Reaction score
Ok off to play a round of golf.

Reactions: DWC

Tom Slick

Reaction score
There are certain medical conditions that make it extremely dangerous to get the vaccine, if you suffer from these you can obtain an exemption from your doctor.

However most employers are rejecting the medical exemptions. The only exemptions that employees have been have even a little bit of luck with being approved are religious exemptions. And those are few and far between.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I wonder if these employers will still require the jab even if you have had C19.

530RL

Reaction score

I may be a little old fashioned but isn't that how the whole "Employer/Employee" relationship is supposed to work. He boss, me employee? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

Yeah, because the root of this is the companies, not the government regulators that are imposing the restrictions and rules in the first place....

And the rest of the world is sooooo much better about individual autonomy into what people are forced to put into their bodies or face fines and jail... ehmmm Europe, Asia... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Can an employer force employees to use mood altering drugs? Prozac, Welbutrin, etc?
What about forcing them to use performance enhancers? Aderal? 🤡🤡🤡

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Most of this is a pointless debate, who cares, make a living, plenty of ways to do it, and if you dont like the way you are being treated at an employer find another and if you are really bitter call your attorney.

I am going to sign off now and go fire some people instead.
So if you spend tens of thousands on education and tens of thousand on continued education throughout your career in a specific field and your employer mandates get an experimental drug with emergency use only injected into your body or get fired, you're good with that? Especially in a field that ALL employers are going to mandate. It's not just a job, it's a career that supports that person and their family and you want them to flush their education and career down the toilet? And let me add, this person has already had Covid, and a medical exemption and religious exemption will not be approved.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score

Yeah it’s definitely this and not the fact that they can exploit cheap labor and materials for pennies on the dollar….

1627069538585.gif

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
Then…..
A vaccinated person can spread this just the same as a non vaccinated person.
Take the shot if you like to maybe keep your symptoms to a minimum and don’t take the shot if you are willing to roll the dice and see how sick you might get.
End of story 🙂

No, and 100% yes in that order!

JDKRXW

Reaction score
You seem to think it's an argument. It's not, this is just a simple conversation. Your last line is too funny, and spoken right from the mouth of someone who really needs to be in control. I'm simply having a conversation with you and other on here. Don't get so defensive dude.

Now here's a coincidence for you.... I thought exactly the same thing when I read this;
"My apologies for assuming you were responding to this actual thread, and not just offering random thoughts. "

Weekend is almost here - cheers!

dribble

Reaction score
Does the vaccine kill the virus?
If you are vaccinated can you still carry/spread the virus?
The vaccine was not developed to kill the virus. It was developed to enable your body to make the antibodies to kill the virus. In fact if you already have the virus you don't get vaxxed.

Reactions: DWC

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I have a friend at Casa Colina, he got the J&J vaccine, June 21st, around July 3rd back started hurting him, by the end of the week he was laying paralyzed in the hospital. He is now at Casa Colina, doing rehab and still can barley talk and last I heard paralyzed form the waste down.

Really strange that this came out the Monday after he went in:
On Monday, the Food and Drug Administration announced the new warning, flagging reports of Guillain-Barre syndrome, an immune system disorder that can cause muscle weakness and occasionally paralysis. Health officials described the side effect as a “small possible risk" for those getting the shot.
Hopefully he makes a full recovery. There was a girl on NewsMax the other night that had already had GBS from a flu shot and had recovered after being totally paralyzed, but now she was fighting with her college about the covid shot. All of her Drs. warned against the shot, but the college or actually the state of Hawaii wouldn't give an exemption.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
So if you spend tens of thousands on education and tens of thousand on continued education throughout your career in a specific field and your employer mandates get an experimental drug with emergency use only injected into your body or get fired, you're good with that? Especially in a field that ALL employers are going to mandate. It's not just a job, it's a career that supports that person and their family and you want them to flush their education and career down the toilet? And let me add, this person has already had Covid, and a medical exemption and religious exemption will not be approved.
Is there only one employer in the country that employs these type of educated individuals? I hope not or that was probable a poor choice on education and a career. And I dont know of any field where all employers are going to mandate. My wife is a nurse and the hospital isnt going to mandate, you would think that would be a gvien. Its the employers choice, and if done correctly without discrimination and exhausting all reasonable accomodations then it is there choice to do so. Dont like it, then find another employer.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Is there only one employer in the country that employs these type of educated individuals? I hope not or that was probable a poor choice on education and a career. And I dont know of any field where all employers are going to mandate. My wife is a nurse and the hospital isnt going to mandate, you would think that would be a gvien. Its the employers choice, and if done correctly without discrimination and exhausting all reasonable accomodations then it is there choice to do so. Dont like it, then find another employer.
My wife is an RN as well and has been for the past 17 years. She is also in her last year of her Masters program to become an NP. She is affraid now that she won't be able to get the clinical hours that she needs because of this mess. The healthcare system that she is currently employed has mandated the jab or be fired on September 1st. Also the other two major providers in our state have done the same. Her employer also happens to be the largest employer in the state. This is happening, or has already happened throughout the country.

So with that many qualified healthcare workers hitting the streets, do you think there will be enough jobs to go around at healthcare providers that aren't requiring the jab?

I'm glad to hear that your wife's job is currently not at risk of this mandate. My question however is for how long? How are you going to feel if her employer mandates the jab and she can't find work in her field elsewhere either because of others doing the same mandate, or because of a flood of applicants?

ridebig

Reaction score
Lol.. nice, what kind of business?
We manufacture Concrete block. Standard units as well as architectural units, dealers for Creative Mines and Cultured stone by Boral, and all associated masonry products. Needless to say we are having a difficult time hiring.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
My wife is an RN as well and has been for the past 17 years. She is also in her last year of her Masters program to become an NP. She is affraid now that she won't be able to get the clinical hours that she needs because of this mess. The healthcare system that she is currently employed has mandated the jab or be fired on September 1st. Also the other two major providers in our state have done the same. Her employer also happens to be the largest employer in the state. This is happening, or has already happened throughout the country.

So with that many qualified healthcare workers hitting the streets, do you think there will be enough jobs to go around at healthcare providers that aren't requiring the jab?

I'm glad to hear that your wife's job is currently not at risk of this mandate. My question however is for how long? How are you going to feel if her employer mandates the jab and she can't find work in her field elsewhere either because of others doing the same mandate, or because of a flood of applicants?

Then buy a vax card and move on with life.

HotRod82

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not in the position of choosing the vax or loosing my job. First, I would just try the fake card. I know there is a database but chances are it's not accurate. I don't know how a company could fire a really good employee, they are impossible to replace. The main reason I sold my HVAC biz was the complete and total lack of talent available. I grew tired of training guys so they could go get their own license and compete against me. Tough choice you guys have to make, I don't envy you.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not in the position of choosing the vax or loosing my job. First, I would just try the fake card. I know there is a database but chances are it's not accurate. I don't know how a company could fire a really good employee, they are impossible to replace. The main reason I sold my HVAC biz was the complete and total lack of talent available. I grew tired of training guys so they could go get their own license and compete against me. Tough choice you guys have to make, I don't envy you.
The healthcare providers up here have drawn a pretty big line in the sand and are denying pretty much every medical exception and have only allowed a few religious exemptions. They are thoroughly checking the data base to verify that the employee has indeed been vaccinated. The state government has completely rolled over on this and although the governor passed a bill a few months back so that government employees are exempt, they are refusing to help the private sector. Our healthcare system is already in massive need of healthcare workers and now they are going to fire those that choose to exercise their right to not get the jab. And trying to recruit replacements is going to be very difficult for them because the recent massive increases in the cost of living versus the low wages in the state. The healthcare system is going to take a huge hit, yet they don't care because they've sold their soles to the devil. Just follow the $$$.